Need to get a website for small startup.

techygeek

I need to host a Drupal site am looking for a cheap provider.
How's your experience with whost.in? Does the site run at decent speeds when you're logged in?
Your websites load fast enough when I accessed them. Do you have caching enabled, and are you using boost or any other modules to improve page load speeds? I'm asking cos I'm trying to get an idea of the speeds I can expect.
What's the php mem limit? Most hosts have it anywhere between 16-64mb. Drupal needs 64mb to run decently, and more if you add a lot of modules.
Thanks!

I have used whost.in for a month and as you experienced speeds are decent.

I have enabled only the core caching algorithm and css and js aggregator and no other caching module. If you want to check I will create an account for you on my website temporarily. PM me if you want me to do that. I have 2 more sites that run on the same hosting package.
- lifeillustrated.tk (A photoblog.. bit heavy so might take time..also uses core caching)
- portfolio.techkken.com ( My portfolio.. basic site not many features.. but does not use caching)

PHP memory limit is 256M. Very much enough for Drupal with a lot of headroom.
upload_max_filesize is 128M.
max_execution_time is 30.

All settings are good enough for drupal.
If you need any more info you can contact me.

I hope it helps.

techygeek

Thanks..that helped a lot. I think I'll host the site here.
The php mem limit is more than I've set on my VM!

btw....all your sites look good, have a nice clean look and load pretty fast, but you could make them load much faster if you install something like boost.

techygeek

Thanks..that helped a lot. I think I'll host the site here.
The php mem limit is more than I've set on my VM!

btw....all your sites look good, have a nice clean look and load pretty fast, but you could make them load much faster if you install something like boost.

You are welcome!
I tried using Boost for lifeillustrated.tk, but it gives a problem , when the user posts a comment, he does not see it coz of the cached page being served.
The only option was to purge the cache after every comment. Seemed to be a overkill.
Boost for Drupal 7 is in beta, Btw I tried it long back, might give it a try again.
Thanks for reminding me about it.

Hello,
Am not sure if am late but let me clarify certain points.
-Never buy your domain with the hosting provider, it'll be pain in the neck to manage it once you decide to switch hosts, they have some hidden clauses and sh*t.
-Never buy hosting from Godaddy, just google "Godaddy Hosting s**ks" and you'll know why, they are best for domains and not hosting.

I personally use hawkhost.com for hosting all mine and as well as client sites, has never let me down. Its pretty sufficient for small businesses and is pretty SOLID compared to bigrock. If you wish to blow the cannon go with hostgator.com (Approx $7-10 a month) but it'll be too much for your needs.

I'm not into drupal but have played well with wordpress which has plenty of themes and plugins to customize the look and feel of the website, do have a look at it :)

@techygeek , thank you for recommending whost.in
@ch@ts, if you have any particular question about whost.in you can let me know :)

@Moderators, I guess I am not breaking any forum rule by mentioning whost.in
If there is any, please edit this post.

@ch@ts, if you have any particular question about whost.in you can let me know :)

@Moderators, I guess I am not breaking any forum rule by mentioning whost.in
If there is any, please edit this post.

Self-promotion or advertising ones services against the rules. However, answering people question is perfectly fine, just do not give a sales pitch here :)

For more, please have a look at TE Rules

I would say go with BigRock.in. They have really great service. I am using their domain and hosting. Very good experience so far. Just set up a WordPress blog and add content. You are good to go.. I can help you in setting up WordPress blog adding content. That will be much easier to do than designing html, xml based VERY basic and static website. :) I am a WordPress developer, if you need any help, just drop a PM. Happy to help!

I recently purchased Domain and Hosting from Bigrock. Their customer care support is impressive. They immediately called me when I was in customer care chat panel and accidentally closed the box. They resolved my issue over a phone. Pretty impressive. :)

Thanks a lot for the help everyone, but the plan has fallen through!!

It was me and a colleague of mine who were getting together and starting it but he ran into some family problems and now the plan is indefinitely postponed (dont like the sound of that)

Do check this,

Home

You get a free .in domain name and hosting for the first year. And its by Google.
I will not Repeat this thing again.
This Hosting Service Doesn't Provide Mysql For hosting and its purely for Registered business and you need to Provide PAN Card.

I would say go with BigRock.in. They have really great service. I am using their domain and hosting. Very good experience so far. Just set up a WordPress blog and add content. You are good to go.. I can help you in setting up WordPress blog adding content. That will be much easier to do than designing html, xml based VERY basic and static website. :) I am a WordPress developer, if you need any help, just drop a PM. Happy to help!

I recently purchased Domain and Hosting from Bigrock. Their customer care support is impressive. They immediately called me when I was in customer care chat panel and accidentally closed the box. They resolved my issue over a phone. Pretty impressive. :)
I would Say Bigrock Hosting is Just like Godaddy's Web hosting. I would say NO Bigrock's Web hositng.
Although they're Good with Domains. Support is bit Desi Type.. Guys understanding stuff would take time.

- - - Updated - - -

You could do that on your website live chat? :)

I am not finding any issues with Bigrock and they are very supportive.

The last time when i contacted their support 6Months back i guess. I Transferred a domain and i asked him to provide Coupon for 5% discount. He was clueless. I had to Transfer it just like that. Then found coupon on the bottom right of home page.

... and a year back Some Employee Composed Some Client's mail to her whole address book and Apparently one of her clients spammed my inbox with Emails. Had hard time initially. :(

My Opinion about DirectI / ResellerClub / BigRock support:

# They have support staff available almost all the time.
# They can give you call any time in response of your query ( But may be without any solution).
# Level of support staff to solve a problem is low.

Outpowerhosting.com is really a WORST & TERRIBLE service providers. It give service matching to their domain OUT POWER, you don't know when you site went down the A$$ who manage business don't care customers, even the Customer Care Number which they advertised & available for 24x7 never pricked up by any one. If you mail them they will reply within 48 hrs. If by chance some technical problem happens to your site & if they can't manage it than they NEVER REPLY you.

So better avoid such highly qualified & capable host.

^^ Bigrock is not really recommended ... there are several other Indian domain registrars which work better... Mitsu.in is one of the registrars that we use and outpowerhosting.com is another.

In addition the websites costs anywhere between 10K to 2L depending on the elements and design that you want. If you know how to code you can easily buy a template for about 3-5K and build the website yourself. Or if you want some professional to do it for you ... you can check with us as well.

Back