Need to purchase an SLR

Budget - 25-40 k

Usage - Both normal photography and professional. ( more of normal use )

Preference towards Nikon and Canon. Added lenses would be an advantage. Currently using Sony w-5 which has lived its life.

Please advice any model.

Thank you

I have D5000, which I want to sell to get a D90:

Here is the price list:

D5000= 21k

35mm AF-S= 9k

55-200 AF-S VR=8k

Let me know if you are interested.

debabratad said:
I have D5000, which I want to sell to get a D90:
Here is the price list:
D5000= 21k
35mm AF-S= 9k
55-200 AF-S VR=8k

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer mate but i would be gifting this camera, so looking to buy a fresh one.

D5100 is good camera but it wont auto focus with cheap prime lens and many old nikon lenses. (the swivel screen is a big advantage here)

If you are moving from Digicam to DSLR and would like to try your hands before moving to costly DSLR body I would suggest 1100D + Kit lens + 50mm prime lens will be easily fitting around 35k all inclusive, after you get used to the functions of DSLR then you can always upgrade the body and keep the lenses.

As such Canon and Nikon both are good, Canon has a price point advantage with lenses specially and better brand recall in masses in India, while Nikons are better in ergonomics and ruggedness.

You can go to a shop and use the demo pieces for few minutes and take which you like.

Somebody has put up a ~31k for a 550D. You might wanna check that thread too. Even otherwise, a Canon 550D is an amazing Camera. D90 is good (HD video and all), but you will have to stretch your budget. The second hand deal will allow you some cash for an extra lens. Remember, you'll have to buy filters, case, Memory Cards, etc as well.

Just bought a Nikon 5100D. The sensor is amazing. Paid 32.7k from ebay. Amazing camera for the price. Strongly recommended from my side.

devakj said:
Just bought a Nikon 5100D. The sensor is amazing. Paid 32.7k from ebay. Amazing camera for the price. Strongly recommended from my side.

What all accessories you got along with it ? Any EMI option available ? What other options u checked ?

Thank You

Back