Needs Advice (Gaming P.C)

Akash

Disciple
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better. Delete whatever you feel is not required.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 30K-35K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - AMD 955 BE
    2. Motherboard - Asus M4A88TM
    3. GPU - ATI 6950 2 GB (XFX XXX Edition)
    4. RAM - Transcend 2X4GB PC6400
    5. Monitor - Vediocon 32' Full HD LED
    6. SMPS - Cooler Master GX 550W
    7. CABINET - Supercomp
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. Monitor - Vediocon 32' Full HD LED
    2. SMPS -Cooler Master GX 550W
    3. RAM - Transcend 2X4GB PC6400
    4. GPU - ATI 6950 2 GB (XFX XXX Edition)
    5. CABINET - Supercomp
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - Intel I7 2600
    2. Motherboard - ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z
  5. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Patna
    2. Open to online purchase
  6. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. No
  7. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. Desktop Processing
    4. Watching HD movies
  8. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  9. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Battlefield at highest setting
    2. Call Of Duty Series At highest setting
    3. Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  10. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  11. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No
  12. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit

This is the RIG I suggest you get --

Intel Core i7 2600 ~16000/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3400/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4500/- [OR try to buy a second hand drive from TE classifieds section to save cash]

LG / Samsung OEM DVD drive ~1000/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-

NZXT Gamma ~2400/- [not including shipping]
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better. Delete whatever you feel is not required.
    1. 30K-35K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - AMD 955 BE
    7. CABINET - Supercomp
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. SMPS -Cooler Master GX 550W --> The Seasonic SMPS puts this to shame and undercuts it by quiet a margin -- http://www.flipkart....62-2d7e5a7c2eab
    2. CABINET - Supercomp --> I have not even heard of this brand, better go for something reliable along the lines of the Cooler Master eLite 430 OR NZXT Gamma
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - Intel I7 2600
    2. Motherboard - ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z
  5. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
    Please explain this point I did not get you here, do you intend to buy the ASUS Maximus Gene-Z OR not?
  1. Q: Are you looking to overclock? No

Then why do you intend to invest in a Intel Core i7 2600 [non-unlocked] and a ASUS Maximus Gene-Z.

Honestly I think your current RIG can handle most games, wait for Ivy-Bridge to release and the prices to settle.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Sir if you can wait till june then you can go for ivy bridge lineup,otherwise-

i7 2600-17.5k

Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k

Corsair Xms3 2X4GB 1600Mhz-3.5k OR Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB-3.5k

Nzxt Gamma-2.4k

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

Alpha op already has HD6950 2gb so i don't think op will go for HD7850 now and also he has GX550W.

1. 30K-35K
    1. CPU - AMD 955 BE
    7. CABINET - Supercomp --> I recommend that you replace this for a Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/-. Have not heard of this brand either.
    1. SMPS -Cooler Master GX 550W --> The Seasonic SMPS puts this to shame and undercuts it by quiet a margin -- http://www.flipkart....62-2d7e5a7c2eab
    2. CABINET - Supercomp --> I have not even heard of this brand, better go for something reliable along the lines of the Cooler Master eLite 430 OR NZXT Gamma OR if possible the Corsair Carbide 400R.
    1. CPU - Intel I7 2600 ~16000/-
    2. Motherboard - ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z ~13500/-
    You are not over-clocking and purchasing this combo makes no sense. The Maximus Gene IV Z board is meant for over-clocking and for that you will require a Core i5 2500k OR Core i7 2600k.
  1. Q: Are you looking to overclock? No

Then why do you intend to invest in a Intel Core i7 2600 [non-unlocked] and a ASUS Maximus Gene-Z.

Honestly Sire, your current PC is more than capable of most games these days and can serve you for atleast a year, the only things that you require to upgrade in my views are --

Seasonic S12II 620W ~4600/- [replace your Cooler Master GX 550W with this SMPS] and over-clock your current PC.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2400/- [to keep your processor cool even after over-clocking]

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/- [honestly haven't heard of SuperComp in my life, so will recommend this mid-ower for your current PC]

Sir if you can wait till june then you can go for ivy bridge lineup,otherwise-

i7 2600-17.5k

Asus Maximus IV Gene Z-13k OR Asus P8Z68-V-14k

Corsair Xms3 2X4GB 1600Mhz-3.5k OR Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB-3.5k

Nzxt Gamma-2.4k

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

Alpha op already has HD6950 2gb so i don't think op will go for HD7850 now and also he has GX550W.

I reread the thread and realized my bungles, I think OP doesn't need to throw 35000/- down the drain on this upgrade, he can wait till Haswell and then upgrade for a real boost. Till then I think he should learn the nuances of over-clocking [If he desires too].

Well yes you made some blunders above
tongu23e.gif
,it's up to op if he needs to wait or go for it.
I reread the thread and realized my bungles, I think OP doesn't need to throw 35000/- down the drain on this upgrade, he can wait till Haswell and then upgrade for a real boost. Till then I think he should learn the nuances of over-clocking [If he desires too].

i m in patna bihar so only zebronic, cooler master are available for cabinet.

and i should go for i5 2500 or i7 2600?

or should i wait for k series?

or should i keep the present specs and carry on?

the system is 5-6 months older

suggest the qutation with all upgrades

that should not go above 30-35k

No need to go for K series proccy cause you aren't going to overclock the system,You already have 955BE that's why you should either wait for ivy bridge or go for i7 2600 with the config i've suggested,i've edited few things you can go with that.
i m in patna bihar so only zebronic, cooler master are available for cabinet.

and i should go for i5 2500 or i7 2600?

or should i wait for k series?

or should i keep the present specs and carry on?

the system is 5-6 months older

suggest the qutation with all upgrades

that should not go above 30-35k

which chipset shoyuld i go z68 etc

which is the best one

also what affect will there be with the ivybridge?

suggest cabinet that are around 2k

No need to go for Z68 chipset since you're not going to overclock,go for H67 chipset which i've suggested above,ivy bridge will give 10-15% improvement in performance,so it's upto you to wait or not.
which chipset shoyuld i go z68 etc

which is the best one

also what affect will there be with the ivybridge?

cAN u suggest the cabby that is around 2-3k

and a z68 mobo

A Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/-, although certain aspects of this cabinet are poor. I've listed them below --
  • Poor space management on the upper levels of the cabinet.
  • A very large graphics card will inhibit the number of hard-drives that you can mount.
  • No concept of air-flow as such in the design.

A better option will be Cooler Master 690 ~3500/-, much better design and expandability, but somewhat lacking in cable management.

A Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/-, although certain aspects of this cabinet are poor. I've listed them below --
  • Poor space management on the upper levels of the cabinet.
  • A very large graphics card will inhibit the number of hard-drives that you can mount.
  • No concept of air-flow as such in the design.

A better option will be Cooler Master 690 ~3500/-, much better design and expandability, but somewhat lacking in cable management.

plz suggest a cabby that is approx 2-2,.5k

nd which mobo should i go?

Should i keep the present specs and carry on?

The system is 5-6 months old

No need to upgrade so soon, Sire. Optimally wait for the system to get atleast a year old, wait for Intel Haswell chips to debut in early 2013 if you really want to experience a great performance leap. Your current configuration is good to go for atleast the next year purely from the point of view of games.

This is my point of view, from the existing configuration I will recommend the following upgrades --

Cooler Master GX 550W --> Seasonic S12II 620W ~4700/- http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-S12II-Bronze-520-W-Power-Supply-Review/954.

Supercomp cabinet --> Cooler Master 690 Advanced II ~3900/- http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_cm690ii_advanced/ / http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1173/1/.

stock AMD cooler --> Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~4000/- [you can start over-clocking the Phenom IIx4 955 and get a slight performance increment], later use the cooler on your next chip. http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1196/1/ / http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/zardon/noctua-nh-u12p-special-edition-se2-review/

Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/-, look this is the minimum you should go for else no point upgrading your cabinet.

nd which mobo should i go?

Honestly I don't think you need to go for a new set-up until Haswell chips release in Q1 next year. If you are adamant on this --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~12500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

The OP doesn't need any major upgrades for now, maybe a CPU/Mobo, but with new generation processors such close, it's better if he waits and just overclocks his current system for now with a decent cooling solution. I suggest get a decent Cabinet/PSU/CPU Cooler. A Season S12II 620W or Corsair TX V2 650W, a decent mid-range cabinet from Corsair/CoolerMaster/NZXT, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo or Noctua NH-U12P(rare to get) should suffice.

Why no to Nzxt Gamma-2.4k?,if op is ready for something more than that then Corsair 400R-5.2k would be a great upgrade from what he has.

Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/-, look this is the minimum you should go for else no point upgrading your cabinet.

Why no to Nzxt Gamma-2.4k?,if op is ready for something more than that then Corsair 400R-5.2k would be a great upgrade from what he has.

He is in Bihar and he has clearly mentioned that he has only Cooler Master and Zebronics available locally. Shipping the NZXT Gamma will raise its cost to -->3500/- easy, making it over-expensive vis-a-vis the Cooler Master 690 Advanced II.

I wouldn't have recommended the eLite 430 until as a last ditch manoeuvre. Also honestly I don't think OP needs the current crop of upgrades, he should wait for Haswell -- Q1 2013.

Back