Netbook / Laptop 12" Under 18k under 2kg

altainta

Disciple
Hello i want to buy laptop / netbook 12" what ever under 18k

Need - Is surfing chatting(video chat) msoffice etc stuff, Little Video mostly dvd and avi (720p)

Must Have - Atleast 10", Webcam, VGA out, minimum 160gb hdd, (3G CONNECTION IF EXIST OPTIONAL), Weight under 2kg.

Please provide option in AMD too

Some research i have done (but need strong opinion)

Netbook

Asus Eee PC 1215T 12" Netbook 2GB DDR 320GB HDD - 1080P Video

Asus Eee PC 1201T

Asus Eee PC 1201N

DellTM InspironTM M101z (250gb HDD WALA) (E-value code: T541113IN8)

Laptop

MSI x320 or MSI x340

DellTM InspironTM M101z (250gb) for 20900/- + 900/-

I ordered 2 of these yesterday. Delivery time is about 10 days.

The Asus 1215T and this one is almost same barring ram. Dell has DDR3 and Asus DDR2.

yes M101z & 1215T have same specs and almost same price... I haven't seen dell in person.. but Asus build quality is very good...

Online reviews rate Dell M101z's build quality as very good.

I suppose this would be a good portable laptop.

@rajshah, once you get the Dell, please treat us with a brief review :)

Dell M101z every body at the market is complaining abt it because it is heating up and also some provided info that we replace the hard drive in 2 days because of heat issue it gone bad. The placement of Hdd makes it hot. Because of this they are not selling it still if i insist he might have gave me that.

But that what the shop keepers say and i can say that they are lairs (believe me i went to atleast 5-6 shop all gave bad rep for M101z)

The decision to not take Dell M101z it made after observing my budget. It was going above my budget and i was tight on budget 18.5k

So i settled with Asus 1201T at 18k what you think ?

This lap is not for me it is for gift to a girl and that was a better choice. If i were to buy this i would not have done so i would have settled to M101z in 12inch, and would not have looked further down to any netbook or 12"

Above that Laptop is good

Regarding 10" it is very bad for me or any one such small fonts (i know it can be increased) but so small it is pathetic to use. A netbook atleast have a 12". And that is just my opinion not a profession review.

Hey rajshah do give a review because i am also going to buy the same in next week

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHeRE TO BUY DellTM InspironTM M101z, I own asus 1215t its really nice netbook, but my sis is looking for dell....i live in pune

Yeah you are right the battery life sucks but who cares it will be used in home so basically it will charged for most of the time.

Thanks everybody

And i must mention that this forum has helped me quickly. Other forums are too slow or non responsive. Thx guys

dennis_nail said:
Online reviews rate Dell M101z's build quality as very good.

I suppose this would be a good portable laptop.

@rajshah, once you get the Dell, please treat us with a brief review :)
Why brief ? Will do. :)

Anyone received Dell M101z (AMD K125/2GB Ram/250 GB HDD) ? How is the experience ?

I'm looking for the same...coz don't want to invest in 10" Netbook.

Is this laptop available widely to the reseller ?

want to go with dell and not assus 1201t, reason after sale service.

Can't man....I'm living at crappy West Bengal....which have some Form-50 crap all over....This is the reason I even can't order anything from Ebay.in also.

Back