Laptops netbook owners.

forum67

Adept
Hi,

planning to buy a netbook.Not decided which one.

I am more concerned about the EYE STRAIN.
especially for outdoors.

My usage will be around 4-6 hrs daily.
Netbook owners need ur view on this one.

should i consider a laptop with 15-16inch display ?
price is not a concern.

thzz

I checked out a HP 10" netbook and a Asus EeePC at Reliance Digital. These netbooks are ultra portable and really good for on the move usage , but i somehow felt that it wont be very comfortable for long sessions. Maybe because i am used to a 22" Desktop Lcd :ashamed:

In my opinion ,if price is not a concern look at 13" laptops .That's like the sweet spot between netbook and a 15" lappy :).

13 inch for sure... My dad got a sony vaio 10" some model for portability , and now he has got a monitor installed in atleast his office so he can view clearly... 10 inchers are not for heavy duty work...

yea its not for long term work .. i have a 10inch one , i like browsing in it when i am not in the office ...you do need a bigger size monitor for 4-6 hours

You said your usage will be 4-6 hrs.. you dint say what you're gonna do on it.. Also take into account the Atom processor... I've gotten used to the 8" screen so I dont mind. But 13" is def a sweet deal between the netbook and 15"er.

forum67 said:
Hi,

planning to buy a netbook.Not decided which one.

I am more concerned about the EYE STRAIN.
especially for outdoors.

My usage will be around 4-6 hrs daily.
Netbook owners need ur view on this one.

should i consider a laptop with 15-16inch display ?
price is not a concern.

thzz

Your eyestrain doesn't depend on the model but on the number of hours you work in front of one. I ll suggest you to wear an antiglare glasses or put a screen on your laptop to avoid the strain. Please don't fall for any false promises.

Dude, if your usage does not include too much reading(pdfs,mails etc), then a 10" would do just great.I mean movies and net surfing people even do it on a 3" mobile.

So in short, multimedia usage 10" would be fine, office work which includes lots of fineprints, 13" is better.

no eye strain for me. I keep it at 1024x600. Movies be sure they are 700 MB rips. 2 GB rips also work fine but they tend to freeze when you seek the movie... Rest its fine :)

Back