Netbook suggestion needed!!

Hi,

Planning to buy a netbook/notebook for my sister on monday .

budget is 25k max
Screen size <12" and weight should be max 1.5 kg

She needs it for programming purpose . Might have to install linux as well.
So please suggest a netbook/notebook which can do following .

Also let me know if any offers available in Bangalore

25k for a netbook is too large a budget considering the netbooks that are locally available.

The best netbook (performancewise) among the ones currently available is Asus 1005HA. As far as linux is concerned you can install ubuntu on it using a portable dvd writer or a pen drive.

The other good option is Samsung N140.

I have purchased Acer aspire one d250 for 14500 only (6 cell batteries 5.2 Hour working state ).i have installed windows 7 on it. its working great.

i have purchased this for my sister who is also an it student .She is quite happy with it.

I liked video playback.

I also got lot of freebies along with that (Please ask the freebies before buying the laptop).

I have got following accessories along with it.

1 External Mouse

1 Screen guard

1 Keyboard guard

1 USB Vacuum cleaner

1 Cleaning kit.

1 Laptop bag .

I m very happy with the performance Go get it.

amazingly i m able to install virtual pc on it now i can run 5 different os on it including linux.

vinay_0007 said:
@pinga123 did you get d250 from ACER mall ?

Here they are quoting around 15550 :(
Getting a branded laptop from branded dealer is always expensive.
I got the laptop from laminton road grant road (MUMBAI).

The Dealer is very talkative and helpful .He has offered me freebies worth 800 .
The total cost of my laptop including freebies was 14500 /-Only.
i have installed windows 7 in it and graphic is very good.

N140 is a better option than S10-2. Better keyboard, non-glossy screen and better battery backup. Not to mention the protruding battery in case of S10-2! N140 model in deals seems also to have bigger 250GB HDD. But make sure to replace Win7 starter edition with a proper OS - that one is restrictive!

^^I would not do that as the OS which u get is genuine. And you can install additional softwares for more usability if you feel restrictive.

Edit: Just took a look at eBay, Samsung N140 is availalbe for 15,500 Rs and you can get any gift from those 3. Digital photoframe, 80 GB HD or Enter HDD DivX player, thats totally awesome. Now thats VFM :D

Well I suppose, for a netbook the restrictions imposed by Windows 7 Stater Edition will not hamper the usability much.

I thought Win 7 Starter edition has the 3-running applications restriction (similar to Vista Starter Edition), but I was wrong!

I have zeroed on these models

Asus 1005HA

Samsung N140(250gb )

Also have Wind12 U210 in mind

Can someone share street prices for these models??

Bought the Acer 751h ( 11.6-inch ) for 23,000 from Glassgow Computers -Brgd Rd, Bangalore. Am using the Win XP Home Edtn which came pre-installed

Like - spacious keyboard

bright screen,

6 hours battery life ( even though it shows 8 hours on the battery indicator)

Dislike - Glossy finish

Glossy screen

Bulky charger cable ( the 3-pin cable that connects to the adapter is as big as the ones on the standard Acer notebook. Cable from the netbook to the adapter is think and light)

Back