Laptops Netbook Wont Power On

AsidXxx

Adept
I have an HCL netbook, and it refuses to power on now. I tried fidgeting with it a bit, because there was this continuous beeping while booting up. After a while it used to shut down on its own while beeping. I tried booting after having removed the battery. Issue persists, hence not a battery issue. If this had been a RAM issue, it wouldnt boot into Windows right?

The netbook is almost 2 years old, hence no warranty. Does anyone know a trustworthy hardware guy who can have a look at it? Someone who can do it on a Sunday too? I stay in Sher-E-Punjab, Andheri E, Mumbai.

TIA!

Contact Porsche022 for more help.

Components might be overheating , Ram may be bad , there may be an internal short etc.... there can be many reasons, you can try to disassemble it(be very careful with a netbook as every minute thing needs to be in the right place), service it(cleaning, reapplying TIM) and then reassemble it.

Overheating for sure. You might wanna clean the laptop's internals and assemble it. If the netbook still turns off, check the temp of the netbook with your hands. If it seems warm to more hot than necessary, I think a cooling pad should solve the problem. But first ensure your laptop is dust free !!

I have an HCL netbook, and it refuses to power on now. I tried fidgeting with it a bit, because there was this continuous beeping while booting up. After a while it used to shut down on its own while beeping. I tried booting after having removed the battery. Issue persists, hence not a battery issue. If this had been a RAM issue, it wouldnt boot into Windows right?

The netbook is almost 2 years old, hence no warranty. Does anyone know a trustworthy hardware guy who can have a look at it? Someone who can do it on a Sunday too? I stay in Sher-E-Punjab, Andheri E, Mumbai.

TIA!

Continuous beeping is sign of memory problems, it would not boot into bios also, I would look into this first and also I would clean up the machine after opening.

I could take a look at it of you like, I routinely fix problems in laptops. I do this as a hobby. Located in Juhu

Back