Video Netflix/Amazon wont support this TV - (58UIC) Onida Google Certified 147.32cm (58 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV

Well I personally never suggest buying a TV thinking you would directly use its apps to watch netflix etc. I always insist on getting an additional device which is from a reputable brand and well supported. I own a Mi TV 32 inch which has android tv in it (i think) but still use fire stick connected to stream everything. I don't want to worry about netflix app not working or not working in full hd and such.

Better to have an Amazon 4k Fire Stick during deal - I'm looking for entry level 55-65 inch dumb tv without smart feature....which exists to none.

Better to have an Amazon 4k Fire Stick during deal - I'm looking for entry level 55-65 inch dumb tv without smart feature....which exists to none.

Since you won't find any dumb tvs now, your only option is smart tv but you don't have to use "smart" part of it, just connect firestick and use that.

Since you won't find any dumb tvs now, your only option is smart tv but you don't have to use "smart" part of it, just connect firestick and use that.

I wonder if the Boot Up of the TV may get slow/stuck over time due to (aging) Andriod presence, Is it possible to bypass Andriod Boot completely and directly go to HDMI Interface? Saw some pic on Flipkart's Mi TV (Certified Buyer) review - Mi TV (particularly) showing Andriod Boot Error.

P.S : I got Fire TV Stick 4k and Mi Box 3 - I hope I never required any Smart Feature from any TV manufacturer.

I wonder if the Boot Up of the TV may get slow/stuck over time due to (aging) Andriod presence, Is it possible to bypass Andriod Boot completely and directly go to HDMI Interface? Saw some pic on Flipkart's Mi TV (Certified Buyer) review - Mi TV (particularly) showing Andriod Boot Error.

P.S : I got Fire TV Stick 4k and Mi Box 3 - I hope I never required any Smart Feature from any TV manufacturer.

I believe no. I have Mi TV 32 inch and it always boots in the primary android tv mode and then we have to use the Mi Remote to switch to HDMI1 or whatever it is and go to firestick.

What option Do i have ? Some more information:
This TV features the latest Android OS 8.0 Oreo which lets you enjoy all your smartphone features on your television. The Android version can be upgraded upto 1 version.

I have chromecast inbuilt in my TV

What option Do i have ? Some more information:
This TV features the latest Android OS 8.0 Oreo which lets you enjoy all your smartphone features on your television. The Android version can be upgraded upto 1 version.

I have chromecast inbuilt in my TV

Can you sideload apps? If yes, you can try NetFlix & Prime Video

You're out of luck. Both Netflix and Amazon only allow "their" certified devices to play back their content. Google certified means nothing. It could be phone OS on TV. Google certified means that you can install apps from the Google PlayStore. That's all.

To actually playback Amazon prime videos and Netflix videos you need to see if your TV supports hdcp & widevine L1 version. Download DRM Info from the Google PlayStore and check if your device supports widevine L1. If it shows L3, then you can only play back videos in chrome or Firefox browser at 480p resolutions.

Edit:
you can stream Netflix in HD on devices powered by the following chipsets. Check with the manufacturer of your device to confirm hardware specifications:
  • HiSilicon Kirin 710 (available on select models)
  • HiSilicon Kirin 980 (available on select models)
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 630
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 670
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 675
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 710
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855

Last edited:
May I ask why two devices ? What does one lack which other is able to do ?

Well - There are many and consider this before Amazon and Google's Friendship this year, Yet to see the fruit of their Relationship, below some points which let me go for Fire TV Stick 4k at a later date, I noticed online streaming video quality is better in Fire TV Stick 4k than Mi Box 3 using the following service - Netflix, Prime, Hotstar Premium, TVF, Jio Cinema.

Mi Box 3 :

- Google Chrome Cast Built In
- Off-Line HDD Media Playback, Read almost all File system
- Offer a True Optical Out which goes to my Headphone Dac/Amp (Became Noiseless Headphone Guy since 2014)
- Sideloaded Prime Video App was Choppy in the fast moving scene but work anyhow.

Fire TV 4k :

- No Chrome Cast Built-In and No Youtube Client at all till now, Using Super Tube but sucks Cast Functionality / Native YT Client from Aptoide don't allow to Log In but manage to do the cast, but if any other YT client installed at the same time it will not take the queue for casting request.

- Only Fat 32 file system support for offline media drive - Last I checked.
- No way to output Digital audio other than BT mode to my Headphone Setup

Mi Box 3 :

- Offer a True Optical Out which goes to my Headphone Dac/Amp (Became Noiseless Headphone Guy since 2014)
- Sideloaded Prime Video App was Choppy in the fast moving scene but work anyhow.

Fire TV 4k :

- No Chrome Cast Built-In and No Youtube Client at all till now, Using Super Tube but sucks Cast Functionality / Native YT Client from Aptoide don't allow to Log In but manage to do the cast, but if any other YT client installed at the same time it will not take the queue for casting request.

Sideload Nvidia version for Amazon Prime Video. Full HD and no jitters. I feel FireTV is redundant in your case

Sideload Nvidia version for Amazon Prime Video. Full HD and no jitters. I feel FireTV is redundant in your case

I Installed that Nvidia version of Amazon Prime Video (Sky Blue Icon) to Mi TV Box 3 but facing drop frame when the quick moving scene - very prominent in the show like 'Grand Tour' or similar stuff..also opening and loading list is very very slow, maybe because this app not natively built for this device ....Also Hotstar Premium don't remember my Watch History / Series position ever and some times it failed to show my saved watch list....Needless to say Fire 4k don't have such niggles and excels in this particular things.

My setup is like

Fire 4K -> BT SBC -> (xDuoo XD 05 BL+ xDuoo XD-05) - > Headphones
Mi Box 3 -> Optical Out -> Optical In to xDuoo XD-05 -> Headphones

You're out of luck. Both Netflix and Amazon only allow "their" certified devices to play back their content. Google certified means nothing. It could be phone OS on TV. Google certified means that you can install apps from the Google PlayStore. That's all.

To actually playback Amazon prime videos and Netflix videos you need to see if your TV supports hdcp & widevine L1 version. Download DRM Info from the Google PlayStore and check if your device supports widevine L1. If it shows L3, then you can only play back videos in chrome or Firefox browser at 480p resolutions.

Edit:

Well, you can play Netflix/amazon prime video on those devices without the DRM but the resolution is limited to 480p or so. This is the reason I never buy no brand android boxes. Official devices are like a long term investment and you don't have to keep bothering with stuff. As I had mentioned before, I am part of a telegram group of MI TV users India and they keep posting every few days "latest netlfix apk for the mi tv". I mean why you want to keep tinkering daily, I turn on tv, my stuff should work. Probably explains why I use iPhone.
Post automatically merged:

Well - There are many and consider this before Amazon and Google's Friendship this year, Yet to see the fruit of their Relationship, below some points which let me go for Fire TV Stick 4k at a later date, I noticed online streaming video quality is better in Fire TV Stick 4k than Mi Box 3 using the following service - Netflix, Prime, Hotstar Premium, TVF, Jio Cinema.

Mi Box 3 :

Fire TV 4k :

Last I tried with 4K Firestick, I was able to "Cast". Probably cast may be wrong word here but in my iPhone youtube app, I got that cast icon and it showed me my firestick and when I pressed it, video started on my firestick. Also the earlier app on firestick was just a wrapper for TV version of youtube and that works even today fine.
I personally don't like chromecast or chromecast feature as I don't want to control what's happening on TV using my phone. But someone people like it a lot and I cannot understand that much.
I don't use external HDD for any media at all since everything is available online so I cannot comment on that requirement of yours.

Edit:
You are right, confirmed both with netflix and onida customer support.
My tv is not supported for netflix :( content..
According to onida, they might release some updates in future hopefully, no gurantee..

You are right, confirmed both with netflix and onida customer support.
My tv is not supported for netflix :( content..
According to onida, they might release some updates in future hopefully, no gurantee..

Honestly, never rely on these Chinese or small companies (I know xiaomi is not small) to get proper support. It is always in "coming" status.

Also I guess someone mentioned they had problem with official youtube app not available on firestick, there is news for you that from today, official youtube app is available for firestick /fire tv devices and amazon has reciprocated by making prime video available on android tv and chromecast.

While purchasing any android tv,just make sure it has inbuilt chrome cast. All official android tv have this feature.
Once you have chrome cast you don’t have to worry about Netflix or amazon prime support.

While purchasing any android tv,just make sure it has inbuilt chrome cast. All official android tv have this feature.
Once you have chrome cast you don’t have to worry about Netflix or amazon prime support.
I have chromecast inbuilt netflix support confirmed I can watch via chromecast.
But someone being new to same, I am not able to make the work with chromecast inbuilt.
I was able to screen mirror my mobile properly on tv.

Netflix is not supported on my mi note 4 device. (used for home use)

Hello everyone, my first post in this forum. :)

No option to watch content on this TV ? from both.. ?

How's this Onida 58" TV, ignoring lack of support for netflix ? I have bought it and it will be delivered within two-three days. Is it a good TV in terms of display and other features ?
..and what error message do you get if you open netflix or prime video in google chrome browser ?

Back