Network which claims (Also gets notices) to be the fastest in India actually ranks 147th globally

I thought the reason for the drops was that the license of many towers have been cancelled?
Dont forget the ever increasing subscribers. I dont think these operators can handle the load. While the staff/employees not being able to keep up with the workload. One thing about the tower, if this goes on there will cell towers in every homes soon! Even now we have two cell towers in our neighbours' buildings.
As for the connectivity issues i dont think that there is any operator with good coverage all over india. Aircel was great many years ago but now its like the worst. I liked Vodafone best in South Delhi. I often got highspeed data on 2G packs. In North Delhi Airtel is favoured i think. Reliance was also good in some parts. But MTS the worst of the lot! I used Voda (for good connectivity) and Aircel because of its cheap plans.
Vodafone roaming also works good here in Imphal. My brother tells me that Reliance is also good. Airtel used to be really good offering decent network and regular 3G offers. BSNL and Aircel the worst. I now use Idea only. Want to know how bad BSNL is? I got disconnected three times during ACTIVATION CALL. Lol. So if the state-run operator is also this bad doesn't that mean that the govt. is also at fault?

Just saw Airtel's 'new' 4G ad. There are some words, which i think are the T&C's, on the middle-right of the screen. But its not readable! Its barely visible. You know that something is there, you just dont know what the heck it is. You'll need a microscope.

I happened to notice some mind blowing speedtests on a other forum. People are getting up to 60mbps on Outdoor CPE and 20mbps+ even on dongle during peak times. I suppose this was in NCR.

Can present users post few speedtests results.

Yeah, I'm in Pune - dongle gives me mostly around 20 mbps speeds with around 60% signal strength. On torrent downloads it approaches 30 mbps or more.[DOUBLEPOST=1446105517][/DOUBLEPOST]When I tested in the Airtel store (Phoenix mall) it showed around 45 mbps there.

Yeah they've become even faster with billing, now instead of your doorstep, its direct to your email account, SMS...

One thing I've noticed is I have NEVER seen a provider BSNL, Airtel whatever, EVER fail to send a lower bill or forget to bill you... their billing systems, collection system/agents are 100% reliable.[DOUBLEPOST=1446298727][/DOUBLEPOST]
^ Indoor Speeds matter, Not outdoor. :p

With those data limits. 10mbps is more than enough.

I don't know if any speed is ever enough... Moving from 512 kbps broadband (BSNL) to 4-8 mbps plans was heaven... Now experiencing 20-30 mbps is again another level above that :) But yeah the data limits make you feel more of a pauper than a prince.

Airtel Broadband’s ad claimed that it offers 60 GB at Rs 1099 with unlimited calls was not substantiated. It seems that customers approached ASCI for this particular scheme. For its ad in July, Airtel, while not banned from advertising its 4G ads, received a notice from ASCI to withdraw its 4G speed challenge advertisement on grounds that it is misleading. The claims in the ad, ‘Airtel 4G is the fastest network ever’ and ‘If your network is faster, we will pay your mobile bills for life’, was misleading by omission in the absence of appropriate disclaimers in the print, TV, hoarding advertisements” according to ASCI.

http://www.medianama.com/2015/11/22...-kindle-city-broadband-for-false-advertising/

Back