New cable TV Tariffs to put a hole in your pocket!

Are you saving money with this New TRAI rule?

• Yes (Saved more than ₹100/mo)

• No (My bills have increased)

• Don't see any change! I pay the same

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't mean to say you were lying. It was more of an expression of wonder.
In my case, Saas-Bahu mean basic 4-5 Hindi channels of which Mom only watches Sony and Zee. Rest all are either English channels, sports channels and Knowledge and lifestyle. So my costs can't come down because of Sports and English channels being expensive and Sony and Star not offering all of them in packages which are cheap enough.
Zee did so I was able to save 40 bucks because of that, but they don't have any sports channels. It's just because of Sports channels that I had to select the most expensive packages for both Sony and Star.

Hindi entertainment and English movies have lost their mind charging Rs20 for their channels. After a year all of them go down to 10. No way their audience who watches naagin and witches can afford to pay 20.

So can we say they new packs from tatasky are final or still they gonna change after users feedbacks etc.
Currently i pay 520 for English movies+ sports dhamaka pack. Dont know if its really gonna kick in into profit.
Luckily my family doesnt watch any sas bahi shit so i wont be getting any Star channels except for sports & movie packs. Same goes for Zee.
News i don't even care as all hindi channels simply keep shitting about north news as if rest of the India doesn't exist. So i prefer to rely on marathi full pack which might incl news as well.
Other i care is music, cartoons, Discovery etc channels. Thats it!

Hindi entertainment and English movies have lost their mind charging Rs20 for their channels. After a year all of them go down to 10. No way their audience who watches naagin and witches can afford to pay 20.
The channels work out to be a lot cheaper when bought in the broadcaster bundles. That is why this seems like an exercise in futile. For people who genuinely watch a lot of channels, not much has changed in terms of the cost. Just that bundles are now being decided by broadcasters rather than DTH operators.

if you/family watch select channels , go for the La Carte channels..

Pick up only the ones you need, + the few FTA that matter to you and choose another basic pack Like Cricket HD.
That way, you will end up paying for what you want to watch and not what TS/Broadcasters want you to watch.

r'ber the FTA 150 channel package works like this : 2SD channels = 1 HD Channel. So don't just select all FTA channels but ONLY the ones you need.
I was able to bring down my costs by about 50pm and currently will end up paying just 195p.m. (c/f : 750pm from my earlier days of Plat Pack !)

Screw TS !!

The channels work out to be a lot cheaper when bought in the broadcaster bundles.

Exactly why TRAI was against bundling and wanted to limit bundling discount price to 85% of cumulative channel costs.

That is why this seems like an exercise in futile. For people who genuinely watch a lot of channels, not much has changed in terms of the cost. Just that bundles are now being decided by broadcasters rather than DTH operators.

Had the 85% limit been enforced, there would be have noticeable increase in costs. There's not much difference in cost because that rule is not enforced and bundle discounts are still happening.

HD channels can be priced up to 3 times that of corresponding SD channel.

upload_2019-1-25_16-41-6.png

I didn't mean to say you were lying. It was more of an expression of wonder.
In my case, Saas-Bahu mean basic 4-5 Hindi channels of which Mom only watches Sony and Zee. Rest all are either English channels, sports channels and Knowledge and lifestyle. So my costs can't come down because of Sports and English channels being expensive and Sony and Star not offering all of them in packages which are cheap enough.
Zee did so I was able to save 40 bucks because of that, but they don't have any sports channels. It's just because of Sports channels that I had to select the most expensive packages for both Sony and Star.
No offence taken.[DOUBLEPOST=1548415563][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very funny... Eventually the channels will be forced to bring down the prices. Just wait for the 15% cap to kick in.

You can get rid of all channels, but at the end of the day you will still pay 154 per month for the 25 free to air DD channels.

I can very confidently think that at that time, I will be surrendering my connection.[DOUBLEPOST=1548417572][/DOUBLEPOST]
For people who genuinely watch a lot of channels

Which is nearly every senior citizen, I doubt us millenials really do watch TV....

Last edited:
Just tried tatasky recommended packs and this came up.

Whats this NCF thing?

upload_2019-1-25_18-8-25.png

And what is this?
I still havent got the meaning of whats Curated packs. Are these the bundled packs?

upload_2019-1-25_18-13-28.png

Though I liked this below pack which fulfills my requirements.

upload_2019-1-25_18-15-27.png

So in addition to this Rs 315 do I again have to mandatory opt for any base pack or the previous NCF thing?
Or this 315 is done for monthly incl. of everything?

Somebody help clear the confusion as my last months recharge is going to expire tomorrow and need to opt for something cheap and dont want to end up messing up things and choosing something costly or unnecessary pack.

NCF is network capacity fees. It will be on top of the 315 pack you have chosen. It's a minimum of 154 and can be higher depending upon no of channels.
Curated packs are what Tata Sky have made themselves like earlier Tata Sky packs. You can choose from those or broadcaster packs or A-la-carte channels or the combination of all 3.

Back