New cable TV Tariffs to put a hole in your pocket!

Are you saving money with this New TRAI rule?

• Yes (Saved more than ₹100/mo)

• No (My bills have increased)

• Don't see any change! I pay the same

Results are only viewable after voting.
too much bloody complications. bloody trai and babus. + dth guys. Do i have to pay NCF + the money for channels I want to see ? Can i just pay for few hindi HD channels that i watch regularly

Last edited:
This is confusing now. My Tata Sky pack is valid till 25 June, but now I have chosen the pack on Tata Sky's website which should go live on 1st Feb according to earlier announcement. My monthly outgo reduced by 80 bucks. Now, do I contact them or will they call and ask about my choice.
Yeah.. More annoying than confusing. TRAI should have made such announcements much earlier, rather than on the last day of the deadline. Now there would be thousands of people like you who would have already chosen their channels. More confusion.

Yes may be but 6 yrs it was a breeze. Glad dad didnt shift to any dth then. Just 300 bucks pm + 150 for extra tv and it was chill!!
No update from cablewallah yet so lets see.

Thats because I guess they got a stay from Calcutta HC or something...[DOUBLEPOST=1548951652][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah.. More annoying than confusing. TRAI should have made such announcements much earlier, rather than on the last day of the deadline. Now there would be thousands of people like you who would have already chosen their channels. More confusion.

I think this entire new order was released about 6 months back, but neither did the DTH or cable guys do anything, only the broadcasters swung into action.

What happens if we don't select any pack or do nothing at all? I am sure there are numerous people who have no idea all this is happening and won't bother doing anything.

Are you guys seeing any change with Tata Sky? Some of the channels that I have selected in the new options are coming but not all. Similarly my previous channels are still active. I am wondering if they are running some batch job by channels hence I will get to see the effect of channel selection over a period of 1 or 2 days.

Are you guys seeing any change with Tata Sky? Some of the channels that I have selected in the new options are coming but not all. Similarly my previous channels are still active. I am wondering if they are running some batch job by channels hence I will get to see the effect of channel selection over a period of 1 or 2 days.
No changes in Airtel. I am getting all the channels as per last month, selected channels and unselected channels also.

Nope. In my old base pack, eg: Star world and AXN weren't there and in new pack they are inclusive with few others. But still it seems I"m on old plan as these and other new channels still dont show up.

Choosing plans on Tata Sky earlier was of no use. You have to login again today and go to manage packs. There is then an option to choose if you want to move to new packs. If you choose that, you have to again choose your packs and then finally it is confirmed and shown on your tatasky account homepage. After that it only takes a few minutes and the changes are replicated on the STB. Still, it will take them another 24hrs to refund money to your account (if you are a long term pack subscriber) and new due date will be shown after that.

Choosing plans on Tata Sky earlier was of no use. You have to login again today and go to manage packs. There is then an option to choose if you want to move to new packs. If you choose that, you have to again choose your packs and then finally it is confirmed and shown on your tatasky account homepage. After that it only takes a few minutes and the changes are replicated on the STB. Still, it will take them another 24hrs to refund money to your account (if you are a long term pack subscriber) and new due date will be shown after that.
WTF? How true and shitty is that again?:wtf:
Did you tried on your own or this was conveyed by their CC?
This is purely ridiculous and unprofessional, spent hours to figure out pack for fitting in my price bracket and now this!:mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1549025493][/DOUBLEPOST]Update it WORKED!!!! Re-selected same pack and within 1 sec all new pack channels went Live!! but minus the FTA Free channels still displays, "You are not subscribed to this channel & this isnt part of your current subscription"

Last edited:
WTF? How true and shitty is that again?:wtf:
Did you tried on your own or this was conveyed by their CC?
This is purely ridiculous and unprofessional, spent hours to figure out pack for fitting in my price bracket and now this!:mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1549025493][/DOUBLEPOST]Update it WORKED!!!! Re-selected same pack and within 1 sec all new pack channels went Live!! but minus the FTA Free channels still displays, "You are not subscribed to this channel & this isnt part of your current subscription"
I tried it myself. Didn't call anybody.
Not all channels of FTA are available in the complimentary package. If you want to check which channels are chosen by default by Tata Sky, go to Manage Packs and click on the info icon. It will show you which channels are included and you can then add other FTA channels which you need. I think I will have to call Tata Sky and ask whether we can remove the complimentary channels. If they say no, might have to send a mail to TRAI.

I tried it myself. Didn't call anybody.
Not all channels of FTA are available in the complimentary package. If you want to check which channels are chosen by default by Tata Sky, go to Manage Packs and click on the info icon. It will show you which channels are included and you can then add other FTA channels which you need. I think I will have to call Tata Sky and ask whether we can remove the complimentary channels. If they say no, might have to send a mail to TRAI.
But whatsh the use then ? FTA means all Free channels are to be provided to the customer thats why we are charged that useless NCF fee.
Nor did they gave option to select FTA channels individually.[DOUBLEPOST=1549030054][/DOUBLEPOST]had a word with CC and they said 192 FTA channels will be active.
https://www.dthhelp.net/tatasky-offers-192-channels-in-fta-pack-channel-list-for-153rs

When I asked what about 9xm etc which are free channels and not incl. in your FTA list they keep saying and repeating same thing "Sir, you will be getting the FTA channels as default"

So is there no other way to subscribe to such other worthy free channels?

Last edited:
But whatsh the use then ? FTA means all Free channels are to be provided to the customer thats why we are charged that useless NCF fee.
Nor did they gave option to select FTA channels individually.[DOUBLEPOST=1549030054][/DOUBLEPOST]had a word with CC and they said 192 FTA channels will be active.
https://www.dthhelp.net/tatasky-offers-192-channels-in-fta-pack-channel-list-for-153rs

When I asked what about 9xm etc which are free channels and not incl. in your FTA list they keep saying and repeating same thing "Sir, you will be getting the FTA channels as default"

So is there no other way to subscribe to such other worthy free channels?
You need to get some facts right. NCF is for 100 channel slots. Apart from the mandatory DD channels, you are free to fill rest of the slots with whichever channels you like, whether FTA or paid.
If you cross 100 slots (HD channels take 2 slots each), you pay 20 bucks more as NCF for extra 25 channel slot each.
Why would you want all the FTA channels. They cost NCF. They are allowing you to add all the FTA channels you want. Just choose which ones you want and they won't cost you anything. Only DD channels are mandatory . Rest are available through them, all you gotta do is choose.
In fact, I am pissed why they are bundling default FTA channels of their own choice. It increases my monthly outgo by 25 bucks because of increase in NCF.

You need to get some facts right. NCF is for 100 channel slots. Apart from the mandatory DD channels, you are free to fill rest of the slots with whichever channels you like, whether FTA or paid.
If you cross 100 slots (HD channels take 2 slots each), you pay 20 bucks more as NCF for extra 25 channel slot each.
Why would you want all the FTA channels. They cost NCF. They are allowing you to add all the FTA channels you want. Just choose which ones you want and they won't cost you anything. Only DD channels are mandatory . Rest are available through them, all you gotta do is choose.
In fact, I am pissed why they are bundling default FTA channels of their own choice. It increases my monthly outgo by 25 bucks because of increase in NCF.
I already got it. My concern is about FTA channels. We cannot select within FTA channels. They have bundled the default plate across users. And there is no way currently to choose seperate/on choice basis FTA channels.
Also, I'm already paying 183 bucks as NCF fee as my chosen pack crossed 130 channels.
Now here as well some few channels are not yet activated which are paid and incl.within my base/curator pack.

Sometimes it's very frustating for me to help others, that's why none of my siblings wanted my help in studies. [emoji39]
Let me repeat.
All FTA channels are available. Go to manage packs. Then click on the edit button next to additional channels and choose all the FTA channels you want. You were talking about 9xm.
Here's the proof.
55b7adea35b0bd0768b908bc97cce1cc.jpg

Sometimes it's very frustating for me to help others, that's why none of my siblings wanted my help in studies. [emoji39]
Let me repeat.
All FTA channels are available. Go to manage packs. Then click on the edit button next to additional channels and choose all the FTA channels you want. You were talking about 9xm.
Here's the proof.
55b7adea35b0bd0768b908bc97cce1cc.jpg
Tatasky is heavily loaded. Already trying since 4 hours but its keeps loading and nothing on manage packs and even manage account page.
I did the other way out by going through the wizard once again & for adding just 2 additional channel it says it will charge me 200 bucks as NCF fee. WOW! (from 173 to direct 200) what logic.
Declined.
Awaiting new TRAI rules for these useless FTA shit.

Tatasky is heavily loaded. Already trying since 4 hours but its keeps loading and nothing on manage packs and even manage account page.
I did the other way out by going through the wizard once again & for adding just 2 additional channel it says it will charge me 200 bucks as NCF fee. WOW! (from 173 to direct 200) what logic.
Declined.
Awaiting new TRAI rules for these useless FTA shit.
What are talking? I just did choose 66 channels a la carte.

What are talking? I just did choose 66 channels a la carte.
Net is too slow here since afternoon. I tried checking some time ago and had to wait 15mins to actually show up my new package.
Now 98% perent its all good except for Travel XP is still showing a la carte selection error when it is already incl. in my curator pack.
And CCs are asking to wait till midnight which imo is the stupid excuse they are giving since yesterday to each and every user around.

Back