New cable TV Tariffs to put a hole in your pocket!

Are you saving money with this New TRAI rule?

• Yes (Saved more than ₹100/mo)

• No (My bills have increased)

• Don't see any change! I pay the same

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like this new rule will bankrupt cable operators. They are planning a nation wide strike on 24th by switching of signal. They say they need to charge minimum 180 from a customer to keep the business running (staff expenses, rent, electricity, cable etc). Now, if they charge 130 from customer, they have to give 60 to the MSO from whom they get the signal. Earlier, they used to give only 12%.

There was a fraudiya pack available on D2H which I signed on in early January where they charge something about Rs 8 for SD channel & Rs 12 for HD channels (paid or free doesn't matters only Doordarshan ones are bundled FoC). I made my bouquet of approx 35 channels which we people watch and locked it. Only one of the HD sports channel was included which was airing India Australia series. My total came down from Rs 600+ to somewhere around Rs 405 + Taxes. With the new regime I'm sure to have the same bouquet in approx Rs 200 since many of our opted channels are FTA or minimal prices like news channels etc.

Only if this retard D2H allows me to login to my account :banghead::banghead::dead:

... (staff expenses, rent, electricity, cable etc) ...
in general, (based on observations in & around Hyderabad & 2 villages) :
staff -> run by a couple of persons who own the business & a couple of labor
rent -> run from owned home
electricity -> some cheat / tamper the electricity billing system !
cable -> cost of the cable is collected from consumers [often charge extra]

whatever local operators pay to the MSO,
AFAIK they were in profits for many years ...

that should be a joke !

few years back,
a regional newspaper reported that all tv channels can be shown for Rs 70 per month.

GST was a new thing at that time. local Hathway monthly payment was Rs 150 ...
then it changed to Rs 200 - again to Rs 250 - and now it is little above Rs 300 ...
Yes it was very well in newspaper at that time we were able to see all channels for 70bucks. Gst didnt killed anything but operators exploit us and make unethical use of gst. So if a channel actually costs re 1 these operators will say it costs us re 5 + gst. This they all are sitting to simply loot is in the name of gst.

Guys, want to share what D2H rascals did just now. No channel except DD free ones are on my STB. My mails regarding login issue not been sorted since 22nd Jan despite 10s of mails being exchanged and even more calls. I've been left without a channel to watch & when I call their CC line, 'This number is temporarily out of service'

This is just heights of slyness. I checked online Tata Sky costing me somewhere around Rs 2675. Will go to my neighborhood shop & see if it can be installed today and end this ordeal. Sad part, I recharged my D2H for Rs 400 three days back but anyway, difficult to keep up with these bastards.

Guys, want to share what D2H rascals did just now. No channel except DD free ones are on my STB. My mails regarding login issue not been sorted since 22nd Jan despite 10s of mails being exchanged and even more calls. I've been left without a channel to watch & when I call their CC line, 'This number is temporarily out of service'

This is just heights of slyness. I checked online Tata Sky costing me somewhere around Rs 2675. Will go to my neighborhood shop & see if it can be installed today and end this ordeal. Sad part, I recharged my D2H for Rs 400 three days back but anyway, difficult to keep up with these bastards.
Which operator? Is the revised free thing across all operators?

I am noticing Confusion among most of them about Network Capacity Fee.

This should simply...

NCF.JPG

https://www.d2h.com/ncf.php

Last edited:
The local cable guy came to my home finally. To get the minimum 100 channels, I need to pay 153.50 + 20. If I want to add even one more channel that cost just 0.50, I have to pay a NCF of 23.5. When asked why can't I add that channel in place of one from the 100, he said they cannot do it now, may be in a month or two.

I was paying 300 before for all the channels (Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, English, music, movies, news, kids, sports etc). Now all I get is 3 or 4 useful Malayalam channels plus 1 English news for 173.50. Thanks a lot trai.

The local cable guy came to my home finally. To get the minimum 100 channels, I need to pay 153.50 + 20. If I want to add even one more channel that cost just 0.50, I have to pay a NCF of 23.5. When asked why can't I add that channel in place of one from the 100, he said they cannot do it now, may be in a month or two.

I was paying 300 before for all the channels (Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, English, music, movies, news, kids, sports etc). Now all I get is 3 or 4 useful Malayalam channels plus 1 English news for 173.50. Thanks a lot trai.
This is exactly what hathway is also doing, it's forcing me to take unwanted 75 channels so that the capacity of 100 gets filled up. Now if I want to add a single paid channel I have to pay the channel cost plus Rs 20 for NCF. They are finding new tricks to loot the customer

My cable operator is charging 153.5 for the minimum 100 and also another 20 as service fee. They also said 2-3 weeks ago that there is a mandatory 30 rs STB maintenance contract fee, but looks like they later made it optional. NCF of 23.5 is in addition to this 153.5+20. I am keeping cable for the time being to watch news because of Pulwama, once that is over, I probably will cancel cable.

i recently finalized my plan to INR 289 pm - sports news etc and only HD. i spent money on DTH after 1 year. this has helped save around 300 or 400 a month - theoretically, since i never spent on DTH except the occasional times when extended family would drop in and spend a few days :)

I wish channels not selected (or not subscribed to), not come up in the channel change cycle when going through the list. Blanks are annoying.

I wish channels not selected (or not subscribed to), not come up in the channel change cycle when going through the list. Blanks are annoying.
Exactly. I have only selected 3 HD Channels going around 200 and those SLOW BLANKS are annoying as hell. What was also an pain was selecting the channels. Took me an hour to select 3

This is exactly what hathway is also doing, it's forcing me to take unwanted 75 channels so that the capacity of 100 gets filled up. Now if I want to add a single paid channel I have to pay the channel cost plus Rs 20 for NCF. They are finding new tricks to loot the customer
Same here with Hathway in Mumbai suburbs..

Back