NEW Dell Inspiron 'R' Series Laptop

@raj 404 - YgPM.

@Praks - I agree. The new R series hinge looks quite horrendous. But then its also cheaper and has better specs. I went and checked out the 14'' at a Dell store. Seems quite sturdy.

@Dark Star

Sorry bro, Will not hot link now.

Is there anyone who took New Inspi 14R ? can anyone confirm on hinges ? damn I didnt even know they made new Inspi as old & one more New Inspi as 14R, Whats wrong with Dell ?

@elendil
Which hinge did u check ?

I checked in Dell Store, The one I showed with Red sqare is what I checked & Dell people told thats NEW Inspi 14R :(

On Dell site, it shows as OLD Inspi, While Inspi 14R has those bad looking edges.

Is there anyone who is aware of this great confusion ?

I want to buy a Ispiron 15 R too..If you guys get a great deal, hit me up..Got the offer from raj though..8% only if I take the 3 year cc , which I dont want to..

Elendil's sale done , btw karan three years cc warranty is THE best insurance you can have on your lappy coz it means for the next three years, you woudn't be facing any kind of replacements headaches on your system.

BTW Praks , the new Insp 14R is the one with the old hinges like the images that you have hotlinked.

@raj404

Can you tell me which is this model ?

14kh1d0.png

Is it Old Inspi or Inspi 14R ? Sadly dell.co.in does not have latest pics of 14R in close ups.

See, the pic with Red sqaure shows on Dell site with OLD Inspi only, This New Inspiron 14R does not have any closeups on site.

One more close pic, This lappy is showing as Dell Insi OLD one.

18937216.png

These are dell pics - Inspiron 14 Laptop Details | Dell India

Please clarify so I can go ahead with placing order.

raj404 said:
Elendil's sale done.
Yup. All done. Thanks. I hope the delivery is soon.
Cheers.

@karan - 3 yrs complete cover is something you should consider. Peace of mind and yes, better resale value.

@Praks

The pic in your last post is the NEW Inspiron 14R series whose model no is 1464 and those other pics which you had linked were of the old 1420 and 1440 series.

Hope this clears any doubt.

@Praks

Here is a link to the US dell site gallery of old insp 14 model(1440) Dell Inspiron 14(1440). Also all 14 series models after 1440 are the new Insp 14R series released exclusively only in the Asia Pacific region.

Incase if there is still any doubt , I recommend a visit to a local Dell retailer.

I went to the dell showroom in Pune. The 14R and 15R with the curved hinges are kept there. They looks Awesome!

I was told that the initial batch of the R series laptops had such hinges. There are only a few pieces left. The newer batches have the ugly hinges.

If anyone wants, I can go there tomorrow and click some pics.

But the dell showroom does not offer any discount on the prices. We cannot place the order online and collect the laptop from the showroom, so no 8% discount:(

Also, I was told that the lappys are sent from Chennai, so a compulsory delivery charge of rs 900 is applied.

P.S. Wanted to buy the lappy for use in Europe with 3yrs cc, but the cc is valid only for asia region, so now I am looking at other options.

@raj404

Can you please confirm if the 3 yrs cc will be valid in Europe (Germany)?

amitn18 said:
Also, I was told that the lappys are sent from Chennai, so a compulsory delivery charge of rs 900 is applied.

Now that's funny :) Couple of days back a colleague of mine had to pay 900 shipping charges since they said the delivery would be from Bangalore to Chennai. I guess Dell is fleecing people who call customer care, charging them 900 for the phone ordering.

It does make sense however, if they say shipping charges are FROM Chennai and not the other way round.

amitn18 said:
I went to the dell showroom in Pune. The 14R and 15R with the curved hinges are kept there. They looks Awesome!
I was told that the initial batch of the R series laptops had such hinges. There are only a few pieces left. The newer batches have the ugly hinges.

If anyone wants, I can go there tomorrow and click some pics.

But the dell showroom does not offer any discount on the prices. We cannot place the order online and collect the laptop from the showroom, so no 8% discount:(

There you go, 100 % true, I already checked in Dell exclusive showroom, seen this curved hinge ones & really loved the look. Even they told me its 14R, thats when I started this thread.

Now, Dell released this crap looking hinge series in 14R :(, I guess I will go with old Inspi 1464, anyways dont need extra GFX card as Intel HD can play 1080p smoothly,

@amitn18, please post pics if you can.

@ajab.ghajab
lol, Bro, Dell has factory in Sriperambudur, Chennai, thats were all lappys are made & shifted to all cities in India.

Source - Dell opens Chennai plant, first in India - Corporate News - livemint.com

Praks said:
@ajab.ghajab
lol, Bro, Dell has factory in Sriperambudur, Chennai, thats were all lappys are made & shifted to all cities in India.

Exactly, am aware of that, and that's the reason mentioned shipping FROM Chennai makes sense, but not to :D The colleague had put this argument to the CC but he was given some story. The chap didn't want to buy from Ritchie Street so ended up spending extra moolah.

Got the final quote from dell today, some source refered me to the sales manager,
Inspiron 14 r , i3 ,320, 3gb, 3 years complete cover +bag+mouse+taxes+shipping = 39626
Same with a 2 year cc =38773
Same with a one yeatr cc -35651

This price is a special quote for me, highest discount dell's senior management gets..let me know if you guys are interested..

Guys i can offer u all an amazing deal - i3, 500gb, 4gb, 3years complete cover, tax, win 7 - 42k... So spending 39-40k for 320gb & 3gb is nt a good deal to me... :)

So karan which 1 is better ur offer or my offer... ?? :)

@anuragjiwrajka

Is this for Inspi 14 or Studio ?

@amitn18

Did you get the pics ?

Anybody on this forum owns 14R ?? Need clarification on those hinges :(

@Praks
Couldn't get the pics... am very busy... involved in getting my visa. Will try getting pics in the weekend.

@anuragjiwrajka
Which series are you talking about? Is it the Inspiron 15R or 14R? Please give the model number.

@raj404
Thanks dude for your clarification of the international warranty status.
Will let you know in two or three days... Right now, I am in love with the new Macbook pro:)

anuragjiwrajka said:
Guys i can offer u all an amazing deal - i3, 500gb, 4gb, 3years complete cover, tax, win 7 - 42k... So spending 39-40k for 320gb & 3gb is nt a good deal to me... :)

So karan which 1 is better ur offer or my offer... ?? :)
My friend, your package does'nt involve the goodie bag(carry bag +dell laser mouse), so subtract 1200 from that,so 38400 to 42k, its good enough a jump dude..Besides my budget was 35 k, already jumping it..I'm going for the 2 year cc..But for a 500 gb requirement, it is a sweet deal :)

My humble request to clarify if its Inspi 14 OLD, Inspi 14z or Inspi 14R before giving price & config.

Still looking for clarification on curved hinges issue :(

Back