Camera New Digital Camera

h4x0R

Adept
New Digicam advice/suggestion

My Requirements:

1.lots of Indoor and outdoor shooting (eg: parties, Get to gathers, holidays(beaches & nature must click sceneries) and night time capturing also! with nice zoom option. :D
2.MUST be Pocketable.
3.need big memory card , nice movie mode with good audio quality atleast 1 hour movie recording or more :p
4.good battery life, and good resale value.

Budget 15k to 17k max:)

Canon Powershot A540 - 15 k's with bill AFAIK. will suit your "pocketable" needs i guess :) else the S3 IS was a great option.

According to dpreview there is no Image stabilization function in Canon Powershot A540. S3is is awesome performer but its bulky :( carrying around is a lil bit pain.

Sony Cybershot DSC-T100 with 5X Optical Zoom and continuous movie mode-which means you can shoot video as long as you have memory space left in Memory card pro duo. Regarding compactness, it easily fits into your shirt pocket!

If you can compromise on compactness and won't mind on getting a bigger one then I would suggest Canon Powershot S3 IS. It has 12x optical zoom and good image stabilization even at high zooms. I have this piece and very happy with it. :)

Someone missed mentioning my fav camera so here i am :p

The canon A570IS..with bill/warranty around 14k is canon india price..photofast will sell around 1k less :D or so..get it :p DIGIC III (S3 has digic II) + it has optical image stabilization too...best VFM camera right noe... 9k from sifymall if u willing to buy in grey market... or 7k from the US ;)

yo techie canon A570IS is good but only 30mins vdo recording is low and trusted reviews rated image quality 7/10 :huh: i dont want to compromise on my above mentioned requirements. techie dude help me out im hunting (searching on net) for a good camera from past 2 to 3 months! :ashamed:

Back