New dimension to the eye

Hello Guys

Guess what the cat dragged in !!! was looking around seeking help and was in a lot of dilemma, so after 3 days of endless reading and 2 hours of waiting at the reliance digital, here i have my Sony bravia 42W800A, with passive 3d, NFC , wifi , Smart tv and IPS goodness, i will be using this as my secondary monitor, currently using on a table stand and will soon be mounting it on the wall once the painting work at home completes,

and currently on a lookout for a good 2.1 setup

Took a look at 14 different TVs and this one was love at first sight!!

Im sorry about my crappy photography skills, these pictures don't do justice to this beauty

Product link : http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-42w800a

okay okay enough of words and let the pictures do the talking

20130728_202512.jpg
20130728_220300.jpg
20130729_045301.jpg
20130729_045753.jpg
20130729_050139.jpg
20130729_052244.jpg
20130729_052704.jpg
20130729_053458.jpg

Thanks buddy I paid 81600 with 2 yrs additional replacement warranty which normally is 7k per year for 3d tv

Picked up from reliance digital bangalore

Oh cool. My friend is also planning to pickup the same tv in Bangalore. Which Reliance Digital shop was this? Also, how much would it cost without the additional replacement warranty?

i bought it from reliance digital kammanahalli, this guy said its 79990 and no discount ..... finally i showed him credit card and told him im not here to waste time like other window shoppers, so if he needs immediate deal offer me a price and then he said max 77k, and then i thought getting extended warranty was a good idea and i got it as a package

but i wouldnt suggest buying from this store because there was another case with this guy he had sold a demo piece to some other guy and there was an arguement, luckily i checked it during delivery and it was new

Congrats for the TV..
If you want real good 2.1 speakers for your PC .. I would suggest this http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-power 2.1 PC Speaker System_C2P13536.html
But it is recommended to use a good sound card along with this speaker set.

@TechHead thier 2013 lineup is using IPS panels and the PQ is stunning (W950 series is even stunning with triluminous ), the images posted above dont do any justice to the beauty of this TV,

Thank you @rakesh_sharma23 im planning on getting Onkyo 3500 HTIB, as i will be buying both PS4 and Xbox one when it releases, i currently have creative titanium sound card, i guess its better i go for the htib setup as id get a AVR so that i can hookup multiple devices to the tv, the inbuilt speakers have already exceeded my expectations

W800 is an IPS panel with passive 3D, W950 im not sure what panel it is but has active 3D, if someone has extra bucks to spend, id recommend W950 anyday the triluminous display looked stunning when i auditioned

i have a 10 x 10 bedroom and planning on adding a HT setup confused of i should go 2.1 or 5.1 or a HTIB setup with an AVR

finding 3d blurays is such a pain, went to few shops and couldnt find good titles

Congratz man.. i too got the W67 series some days back and black levels are too good when compared to LG le7500 i have in another room.

Are you using any smart apps in it, imo current youtube app is hell awesome when paired with an android device.

Congratz man.. i too got the W67 series some days back and black levels are too good when compared to LG le7500 i have in another room.

Are you using any smart apps in it, imo current youtube app is hell awesome when paired with an android device.
yes im using youtube and skype app
and i use my note2 as a remote, quite a handy feature, best part is it detects my 2tb external hdd just fine and plays any formats i throw at it be it avi , mkv , divx , xvid , mp4 ,mpeg , rmv, m2ts

yes im using youtube and skype app
and i use my note2 as a remote, quite a handy feature, best part is it detects my 2tb external hdd just fine and plays any formats i throw at it be it avi , mkv , divx , xvid , mp4 ,mpeg , rmv, m2ts
Yeah it plays mkv files with ease, i am yet to try streaming though as it can't detect my current samba shares. Will try dlna and plex in coming days.

Back