Budget 41-50k New gaming cpu in this budget

fLUX

Skilled
  1. What is your budget?
    1. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  • CPU - AMD Phenom 965 BE
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte 785 GMT- USB3H
  • GPU - MSI Hawk 560Ti
  • RAM - Corsair Value Select 8GB DDR3 (2*4) 1333 mHz
  • Monitor - BenQ G2420HD
  • PSU - Corsair VX550
  • Logitech G510 keyboard and G402s mouse
  • 1.5 TB + 320 GB HDD
  • Cabinet - NZXT Gamma
    1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • Need suggestion which components is it worth keeping. If the current cpu wont bottleneck the new generation graphic cards I would not mind keeping all the existing components
    1. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • GPU
  • RAM
  • Monitor ( Outside this budget will make a separate thread on Monitor suggestions, in a confusion whether to go for a 27inch Monitor or 42 inch 3d LED TV(LG) )
  • CPU/Mobo/PSU if required
  • Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  • Will upgrade cabinet asap
  • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  • Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No specific preference. Asus had pathetic service till 2012 (Rashi), if that has changed don't mind going for any brand
  • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  • FPS - Battlefield, COD etc
  • Sports - Fifa 16/17 , PES
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  2. Gaming - 1920 * 1080
  3. Desktop - 1920 * 1080
    1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
    1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
  • Windows 8.1/10 64 bit
P.S:- Ignore the numbering problem :D

You have good enough budget. You have lot of choices, modify them the way you want.

i5 6500 - 15000
mATX is good enough, if you don't want too crowded, you can go for ATX board. B150 mATX would cost 7750/-, ATX about 10k
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB - 2700 (If you need more, you can buy one more stick later).
Depends on what kinda performance you expect from the graphic card, you can go for one. You have budget to go upto 1060/RX 480, or you can keep it as low as GTX 950. That's up to you. If you opt for lower range (950) or mid (RX470 or 960), you will have some money left. You can go for SSD.

I think other than the lack of front USB3, your cabinet is good enough.
If your PSU is working fine, keep it. No need to buy new one.

Thanks nac for your suggestions. I have a few questions
I) Say I want to do a phased upgrade (buy some parts over a period of time).If I go for a 1060/RX480 will my current cpu be a bottleneck for the same.
II) Will 950/960 be a substantial upgrade over 560Ti in gaming performance at Full HD
III) What are your views on gaming on a 40 inch TV , if you have already done the same previously?.
IV) I already have 8gb ddr3 ram albeit lower frequency. Is there a need for new ram stick ?

I) Say I want to do a phased upgrade (buy some parts over a period of time).If I go for a 1060/RX480 will my current cpu be a bottleneck for the same.
II) Will 950/960 be a substantial upgrade over 560Ti in gaming performance at Full HD
III) What are your views on gaming on a 40 inch TV , if you have already done the same previously?.
IV) I already have 8gb ddr3 ram albeit lower frequency. Is there a need for new ram stick ?

1) yes it will bottleneck but not so badly that you wont be able to play games or anything. you will still see a jump in performance. i used a 280x with a e7500 dual core for nearly a year before upgrading. so the phased upgrade plan is feasible.
2) the 750ti will be a minor improvement over a 560ti but the 950 should be significant (at least 50% faster).
3) haven't done so. sorry.
4) 8gb is fine. i haven't come across a game requiring more than that. higher frequency ram doesn't scale all that great in gaming.

and as nac suggests, an ssd will be a nice bonus. it's one of those things where once you start using it you'll never want to go back :D

3) I haven't done personally, but I have heard people who have done are not that happy with the setup.
4) What you have is DDR3 which is not compatible with Skylake processors, so you have to get a new one (DDR4) if you upgrade to i5 6500 or other skylake processors.

What exactly are you referring to by other applications ?. I intend to use it for multimedia purposes itself, movies, PC Gaming, PS3. Browsing if any will be a very small part of the activity.

^^Other applications include all general stuff you do on PC like surfing, desktop processing, MS office, etc. I find my 22" monitor to be more comfortable. Only for movies and games 42" TV is good.

^^Other applications include all general stuff you do on PC like surfing, desktop processing, MS office, etc. I find my 22" monitor to be more comfortable. Only for movies and games 42" TV is good.
I have been thinking of getting 32-40" TV for everything you mentioned but gaming. Though it's not gonna happen anytime soon as I don't have any dough to buy a 40" TV. I don't want to work up close to the monitor like 2-3' distance. What's the problem you face or don't like with TV for office work? My idea is that I can work 5-6' if the screen is nice and big like TV. Currently I am using a 17" monitor and I am gonna add another monitor in the near future.

I have been thinking of getting 32-40" TV for everything you mentioned but gaming. Though it's not gonna happen anytime soon as I don't have any dough to buy a 40" TV. I don't want to work up close to the monitor like 2-3' distance. What's the problem you face or don't like with TV for office work? My idea is that I can work 5-6' if the screen is nice and big like TV. Currently I am using a 17" monitor and I am gonna add another monitor in the near future.

32" set at a distance of like 4 feet with text scaled to 125-150% may be workable. I tried on 42" TV with 6-7 feet distance and text scaled to 150%. I was not comfortable. 17" is too small to work. 22" is minimum IMO, specially you deal in lot of excel sheets.

@nac @vyral_143

I would not be using the monitor mostly for any office work. I have a 15.6 inch laptop on which I will be doing any office/excel related work. This setup would be mostly for multimedia purpose. If I do feel the need with buy a 20 inch monitor for 6-7k later. But as per you two the monitor would be perfect for gaming right ?

@nac @vyral_143

I would not be using the monitor mostly for any office work. I have a 15.6 inch laptop on which I will be doing any office/excel related work. This setup would be mostly for multimedia purpose. If I do feel the need with buy a 20 inch monitor for 6-7k later. But as per you two the monitor would be perfect for gaming right ?

For movies and games, TV is fine. For any other work, monitor :)

Games like FIFA, GTA will be fun on a 40" TV..
But games like Battlefield, or any other online multiplayer FPS, the experience wont be as good as on a monitor.. There will be things like input lag and TV's refresh rate is not as good as a monitor..
I have a VU 40" 1080p Tv and also a samsung 23" 1080p monitor.. I can feel the difference in the color reproduction on a monitor and the TV..
Things look more sharper and clear on the monitor compared to the TV.. But that may be due to the settings on the TV or a poor quality panel of VU..

Also...

Phased upgrade is the best approach..
ii) 960 is a decent upgrade.. Will give you about 50% more fps.. But consider something in the lines of a 970 which will be a very good upgrade..
iv) 8gb ddr3 is sufficient for gaming purposes and compatible with previous gen processors.. If you upgrade to latest processor like intel's 6th gen, then you will need to buy new motherboard and ddr4 ram along with it..[DOUBLEPOST=1470900054][/DOUBLEPOST]
@swagatrath I will not be using the 40 inch monitor for online gaming, will be for offline gaming only.

I enjoy playing single player games like FIFA/GTA/Batman etc on the TV using a controller, comfortably on a bean bag.. :)
FIFA gameplay experience is the best on a big screen.. So if you are looking to play games like this, then TV is good..
But for games like Battlefield 3/4, I need my monitor... :p

Last edited:
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 6500 -14800,
  • Mobo - Gigabyte Z170-D3H =11500,
  • GPU - Sapphire RX470 4GB Nitro -17000,
  • RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -2500,
  • Monitor - LG 24MP88HM 24" LED IPS -14500,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520w -5000.
  • TOTAL -65,300.

Intel i5 6600 - 15.xx k /6400 - 13k
Mobo - Gigabyte B150 base - 6500
Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB - 2950
Card - 970 - Asus - 22.9k
Corsair Carbide 300r - 5100

These are the price quotes I got from Multiple Computech , Koramangala-Bangalore. These are non vat prices(VAT to be added) and he has assured to provide further discount on these prices. What is your opinion regarding the prices.

Secondly considering am not going to overclock or use the RAID configurations etc what is the use of a gaming motherboard/advanced motherboard over a basic B150 motherboard?

take the cost of a cpu cooler into account.
the stock coolers from intel suck bigtime.

and gigabyte's low end boards have quite a bit of corner cutting in terms of quality.
any other brand would be preferable.

Thanks guys for your inputs purchased my machine from Golccha on Saturday. Current config

Core I5 6400
MSI Mortar Motherboard B150
2TB WD Green HDD
8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Deepcool Kendomen
Corsair CX750
LG 27UD68P 4K Monitor
APC 1KVA UPS

Yet to purchase a graphics card and SSD.

Back