New Gmail look, why isn't anyone complaining

psyph3r

Skilled
So they forced the new look and removed the revert to old look option.

Why isn't anyone complaining about this anywhere ? am i the only one who hates it

I initially disliked but but now i actually love it.The annoying thing was the icons for button instead of labels but google has enabled an option to toggle between icon and labels.

I like the new one. Especially the small button with my avatar that can be clicked for logging out and changes to account settings.

the mail scrolling is not so good in the new one , and the left side tabs are also not so good , sometimes it creates conflicts when the mouse cursor goes around it , I actually loved the 2 year old one
<

Never liked google trying to shove their ways down our throats. Did filed a complain as well during their feedbacks.. but i knew it wont be doing any good.

Bloody dictators.

And why does the mail's background happens to be white...?

have a dark theme installed and the eyes hurt badly..

This is only attitude. Resistance to change.

Please note that change is inevitable. Instead of seeing the same thing for years a slight change is always refreshing

Old Gmail used to take ages to load but after Makeover, it loads very fast. I found it very confusing and messy at first but now I love it :)

#[member='agantuk'] When you highlight the inbox tab you'll see a drop down box which has options to sort your mail accoriding to unread, important, starred, priority etc.

#[member='agantuk'] When you highlight the inbox tab you'll see a drop down box which has options to sort your mail accoriding to unread, important, starred, priority etc.

Oh that, that's not really sorting, more like shortcuts based out of priority inbox. I thought there was something like sorting based on subject, sender, size etc. GMail weirdly doesn't have that.

Hated the new look at first, however now have got used to it. Feature-wise, the new look is much better than the older one though.

Never liked google trying to shove their ways down our throats. Did filed a complain as well during their feedbacks.. but i knew it wont be doing any good.

Bloody dictators.

And why does the mail's background happens to be white...?

have a dark theme installed and the eyes hurt badly..

Even their helpdesk takes an eternity to response
<
wonder how better the feedback team will fare! Google is always about dictating terms to users. It was evident in the way they deleted thousands of Google plus accounts without any warning.

Well even if you don't like it, what use is complaining? Just get used to it.
tongu23e.gif

BTW for me it dosen't make much of a difference every time they tweak the UI (do find the buttons annoying though, as I need to wait for the popup text to appear before knowing what it is used for so not very intuitive)

I have been fan of the new look since it was introduced. I hated the previous/old/classic look. I think one of the reasons why I like the new look is, it's pretty similar to the one I had created using Stylish for Firefox. There were few minor annoyances in the new look, but nothing that I couldn't fix using some manual tweaking in Stylish.
<

Back