New IEM's with Mic

Chaoseater

Adept
Jun 30, 2010
Hi all,
Require an IEM with MIC under Rs.2000. I would prefer with volume control and call answer button. Primarily I will be using it on long rides( I am tourer) to answer the phone calls. It's difficult to stop the bike, remove the helmet and then answer the calls. I wouldn't mind if it is Bluetooth. Been using Sound Magic ES18 and iPhone earphones. I want the sound quality to be good for listening to soft rock. I would using it with Nexus 5

TIA,
Chaoseater

Chaoseater

Adept
Jun 30, 2010
@tommy_vercetti - I have checked, I dont mind spending little more and picking up better earphones.
@Arv90 - I have been thinking mostly about bluetooth earphones. But for day to day travel, its lil cumbersome to check on battery usage of the IEM. I have checked the price on Amazon on Sony. Its about Rs.1700. Its got only 6 hours of claimed usage. Actuals may be even lesser. My rides are like more than that. Will give it a thought though. Thanks for the inputs.

Chaoseater

Adept
Jun 30, 2010
^Cowan EM1- I doubt EM1 comes with a mic and currently out of stock everywhere.
BTW, its regarding earlier post, I have been a safe rider since long. I do not believe in communicating while driving/riding. I always pull over the vehicle and attend to my calls. When I am on long rides, I get calls from home and I have to update about my whereabouts. Its kinda hassle always to remove your headgear and biking gear to answer a call. Sometimes ask other group riders to halt because of a call. Rather better I just finish my call, its not only for that I can also use OK Google services to make a call using a MIC rather picking the phone and dialing and so on.

koolcoolkg

Adept
Jul 12, 2014
Forget Cowon EM1
Mine broke in 4 months.
Yes it comes with mic but I won't suggest.

For nearly 1200/- you can get Mi Pistons 3 for $19 shipped from gearbest.com

Arv90

Adept
Sep 9, 2011
/home/Work
But for day to day travel, its lil cumbersome to check on battery usage of the IEM. I have checked the price on Amazon on Sony. Its about Rs.1700. Its got only 6 hours of claimed usage. Actuals may be even lesser. My rides are like more than that. Will give it a thought though. Thanks for the inputs.
Specifications say : Standby time 200 hours (up to);Talk time 6 hours (up to);Stream time 6 hours
I assume you won't be listening continuous music while driving.So you should be considering the standby time in that case.It can be charged via USB
Just get a sturdy Sennheiser earphone with the reciever.
The Nokia Headset I had was a Microsoft event gift but it lasted me 1.5 years of rough usage and I could change earphones as & when needed.
Its selling at 1689/- on amazon. Sony SBH20
Cheapest I could locate on ebay was 1770/-.
Fetch a good coupon. I guess they had a 12% coupon going this week.

Chaoseater

Adept
Jun 30, 2010
^Yeah, when I am on a ride. I ll be listening to lot of music. That's the whole point. Obviously I ll be using only one earpiece which would be right ear alone. Which one of em had a 12℅ coupon? I hope its amazon. I would not prefer buying it from eBay, I always have trusted in amazon.

Arv90

Adept
Sep 9, 2011
/home/Work
Yeah, when I am on a ride. I ll be listening to lot of music. That's the whole point. Obviously I ll be using only one earpiece
That does not sound appeasing. I met 2 accidents in a span of 3 months last December and as piece of friendly advise this is definitely putting others in trouble.
I drive safe but there are other punk heads who do not understand driving rules

Lectures apart, Jabra can also be considered
Bluetooth Headset, Jabra CLIPPER
The coupon was on Ebay.