New laptop - help to choose between Asus A53SJ and Dell Inspiron 15R

Guys, I have decided to buy a new laptop and am confused betweeb the following two models. Please help me decide

1. Asus A53SJ-SX156D
Intel Huron River i5-2410M (2.3G, 3M)
4gb DDR3 1333
500 gb 5400
15.6 HD
DOS
GPU - NV GT 520M 1G DDR3 VRAM
Price - Rs 33190 + tax which will come around to 35000

2. Dell Inspiron 15R
Core i5 - 480M
2gb ddr 3
500 gb 5400
15.6 HD
Windows 7 Basic
GPU - ATI Mobility Radeon? HD 550v - 1GB
Price - Rs 38000 including delivery and taxes.

I am also open to Acer 5742G which has all same config as The first one but with a different GPU (not sure which).

Pour in your comments guys.

The first config is much superior than the second one. Also both the processor & GPU of A53SJ is better than that of 5742G.

And by any chance if you decide to get the Dell one, then choose HD5650 as the GPU instead of the outdated HD550V. The price would be approx the same.

New Laptop - Help to Choose Betwwen Asus and Dell

Guys, I have decided to buy a new laptop and am confused betweeb the following two models. Please help me decide

1. Asus A53SJ-SX156D
Intel Huron River i5-2410M (2.3G, 3M)
4gb DDR3 1333
500 gb 5400
15.6 HD
DOS
GPU - NV GT 520M 1G DDR3 VRAM

2. Dell Inspiron 15R
Core i5 - 480M
2gb ddr 3
500 gb 5400
15.6 HD
Windows 7 Basic
GPU - ATI Mobility Radeon? HD 550v - 1GB
Price - Rs 38000 including delivery and taxes.

I am also open to Acer 5742G which has all same config as The first one but with a different GPU (not sure which).

Pour in your comments guys.

Re: New Laptop - Help to Choose Betwwen Asus and Dell

You had already posted the same in the laptops section yesterday night. Why one more thread for the same question? The threads will be merged soon.

First of all sorry for the double post .... The A53 is a new model, infact just a couple of weeks old is what the dealer here in Trivandrum told. The price was also given by him.

Guys, I also find the Asus confog to be far superior, but wht about the reliablity ??

aneeshcphilip said:
First of all sorry for the double post .... The A53 is a new model, infact just a couple of weeks old is what the dealer here in Trivandrum told. The price was also given by him.
Guys, I also find the Asus confog to be far superior, but wht about the reliablity ??
It does not even show up on the ASUS Worldwide website or the site dedicated for India. Are you pretty sure about the model your looking for? Can you double check?

abracadabra said:
It does not even show up on the ASUS Worldwide website or the site dedicated for India. Are you pretty sure about the model your looking for? Can you double check?
I had asked the same thing to the dealer and his reply was as this was a new model it'll take time for the site to get updated. The dealers name and number is listed in the Asus website and hence he cannot be a fake.

Mods please delete this thread as this one is a dupliacte one. Sorry !

<Moderator Message> Your threads have been merged and so this is the right thread. Also please refrain from posting multiple times if you cant see your posts immediately because your first few posts are moderated and so you cant see them until a mod approves them.

@ aneeshcphilip - I have contacted that asus dealer .he told me this price -336900 (with bag)6+ tax or 33600+tax (w/o bag)

man I am disappointed now.

Back