New norms may freeze Flipkart, Amazon models

Amazon (specially) and now FlipKart as well
Are like Wolfs welcomed in HEN HOUSE.. (INDIA).

You forgot that these very store owners were cheating people and govt of money for past 60-70 years by charging full MRP on items and not paying taxes fully. All the MNC's are wolves in another wolves territory. There are no hens here. If there were hens they would have closed their business without making such a fuss. They were losing their margins to online sellers who gave better quality stuff.

Now you are left only with road side type useless quality products sold in shops at prices that don't make sense. Don't get anything in your locality because the nearby shops don't know or don't stock them? Bad luck. Suck it up now and compromise with the lowest common denominator type of goods which have higher margin than real quality goods.

You forgot that these very store owners were cheating people and govt of money for past 60-70 years by charging full MRP on items and not paying taxes fully.
I agree with this part completely, seen my local friends who made fortunes out of same.
(no regrests how they did, today they are crying since there expenses increased but not old profits)

Some of my friends who didn't even had money to purchase a single Vaada-Paav !!! for a meal.
Used to get bath with bISLERI.. (idiom).. fooling customers..

Since I was only technical 20-30 years ago,
They charged customers on MRP, products they actually got from distributors, just costed 200 bucks and sold upto 5K or more..
None of customers had technical idea and completely believed in relations..
(CORPORATES AS WELL)

I completely agree on this statement from @6pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1549367256][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are no hens here.
After all, end-users in any area rural/urban is same till day..
We get charged upto 200 bucks on mobile covers . Officially declared that this products costs 10 to 20 INR..

There is a huge list.. Still today the same continues..
Wolfs surely in HEN HOUSE.. All since day 1... (in any other way)

Last edited:
In amazon pantry, they had even started to list the expiry/mfd date, which was so convenient, not to mention the cheaper price.
Guess I have to go back to shopping in metro cash and carry, but will need 2 liters of petrol. Thanks current government, for making everyone lives easier.:rolleyes:

You forgot that these very store owners were cheating people and govt of money for past 60-70 years by charging full MRP on items and not paying taxes fully. All the MNC's are wolves in another wolves territory. There are no hens here. If there were hens they would have closed their business without making such a fuss. They were losing their margins to online sellers who gave better quality stuff.

Now you are left only with road side type useless quality products sold in shops at prices that don't make sense. Don't get anything in your locality because the nearby shops don't know or don't stock them? Bad luck. Suck it up now and compromise with the lowest common denominator type of goods which have higher margin than real quality goods.

I cant believe you took the time out to type such a long post for one of the forum's biggest trolls.

Amazon (specially) and now FlipKart as well
Are like Wolfs welcomed in HEN HOUSE.. (INDIA).

Buddy, please, please stop with the goddamn bright huge text posts. You obviously don't understand forum posting etiquette, so let me make it clear, this kind of text is like shouting at someone. The bigger and brighter the text, the louder you are shouting. This shit is literally hurting my eyes.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ts-paid-to-cashbacks/articleshow/67822468.cms

Paytm Mall has slashed cashbacks by more than 80% across categories including grocery, electronics and fashion, for the strategic shift away from a warehouse-based delivery plan, leading to steep sales declines on the platform for consumer goods makers.

Other sellers on the platform said that the withdrawal of the offers caused sales to slump. “Sales have dropped by more than 90% in grocery, people are clearly not buying any more. The cashback offer was up to a maximum 35%, but Paytm Mall stopped giving cashback from December 2 as it wanted to be margin-neutral,” said one of the largest grocery sellers on Paytm Mall. “If they don't make money, they don’t want to lose money either.

More news.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...g-it-quits-on-amazon/articleshow/67857363.cms

Small sellers calling it quits on Amazon

Over a dozen small, fringe sellers have begun exiting or suspending their accounts on Amazon, unable to manage logistics and order deliveries on their own after norms for online marketplaces kicked in on February 1.

“Smaller resellers do not have knowledge and backend support to manage return and order processing. They were supported well by Cloudtail on these two aspects and also on the promotional front,” said Vivek Paliwal, CEO of 99 Years Network LLP, which helps small companies sell through e-commerce portals.

He added that most of them were able to focus on product development and production, while Appario and Cloudtail efficiently handled the e-commerce transactions. “No one is telling us to exit — we are exiting on our own since there is lack of clarity,” said a small seller of household products.

Last edited:
over a dozen sellers quitting Amazon can't be a news. I suppose this should be part of daily statistics.

'Inability to manage logistics & returns' also sounds unreliable unless the sellers are absolutely new.
in any case, this is not a news item at all.

Cloudtail and Appario to return to Amazon after restructuring.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...urns-in-a-new-avatar/articleshow/67877172.cms

NR Narayana Murthy’s Catamaran Ventures has increased its stake in Cloudtail’s parent company Prione Business Services to 76% from 51% earlier, reducing JV partner Amazon Asia’s stake to 24% from 49%, people aware of the matter said. With this change, Cloudtail ceases to be an Amazon group company and becomes eligible to sell on the marketplace. Cloudtail also has independent plans. It will list on online marketplaces Snapdeal, Indiamart and other sites, and will also have its own website. However, it will not list on Flipkart.

Equity holdings in Appario, the other large seller, will be similarly rejigged to make it eligible to return, the people said.

Back