Budget 51-70k New PC build for 3DS Max/ Maya/ PS related work

ashish

Adept
This is for one of my noob references who wants me to help him assemble a good system for 3DS Max/ Maya/PS etc. work.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50K (flexible till 60K)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • NONE
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU: i5/i7 (no AMD)
    • Mobo
    • RAM: 8gb min
    • GPU
    • PSU
    • HDD: 1tb
    • Monitor: 22/24in
    • Speakers
    • DVD drive
    • Cabinet
    • Keyboard and mouse.
    • Win 10: 64 bit (suggest Windows 10 Home or Pro)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No upgrade for next 3 years. Except for an additional RAM if required
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Local shops/ Amazon/Flipkart etc./ TE
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes if it aint too old and comes with sufficient warranty
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 3D work
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No, but A.S.S should be good
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NA but should play many popular games at good resolutions and settings.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No such preferences
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10.

i tried building a config for that amount but its not possible. Just monitor, kb, 1tb hdd, cabinet, dvd drive (why?) and psu comes to around 25k. I haven't even counted speakers.

That leaves just another 35k for cpu+mobo+ram+gpu. For Maya/ 3d/ games, you will need atleast some good gpu with 4GB ddr5 ram on it which will cost 24K. This leaves just 10k for cpu+mobo+ram. You wont get i3 or celeron in that much money. You will need to go till 85K to get core i5 and mobo and ram and more than 1L for core i7. Just core i5 9th gen 9400F costs 16K now. Mobo will be another 12-15k and 16Gb single ram ~4000MHz around 12k.

If I can ask, any reason behind Intel only build ?

Exactly like 6pack I tried drafting a build
RAM: Corsair 3000MHz DDR4 8GB ~4450
PSU: Seasonic S12II 520 ~5500 or put 200 more and get M12II 520 which is modular PSU
HDD: WD Purple 1TB ~3200
24" Display: ~11-12K
Cabinet from Corsair/Antec for about ~5K
Keayboard Mouse Optical drive: ~2500

This takes out about 32.5K from your budget. From the remaining 27.5K, spare about 7-8K for mobo. Hence about 20K for proccy, GPU, speakers. I dint even include SSD here. Take a look at combo of Ryzen 5 2400G + Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD + speakers in about 3.5K. GPU part of Ryzen 5 2400G is equivalent to GT1030 which retails standalone for 6K+.

The person has only heard Intel and never ever heard about amd as none of his peers suggest him or own it.
His peers etc all have Intel and suggested similar configs.

I know ryzen saves a lot as it is a power packed vfm but pressing him for amd and then these kids you know the peer pressure etc stuff.

I dont want to take any blame after final assembly etc. Even though this guy deep insight knows he got the best of all he will still be teased by his illogical friends for not getting into Intel and pass on the blame to me for silly compares such as fast render times etc.

I think best Intel proccy budget wise you can fit is i3-8100 at about 11k. Though there is i5-9400F at 15K, it would overshoot budget. Hope you can find some decent used GFX at about 7-8K mark in market else have to settle with GT1030 at 6.7k. Its sheer waste of money though.

Hows this config. I prepared from prices from Primeabgb

Processor : Intel Core i5:9400F ₹15.2k
Motherboard : ASUS PRIME:B360M ₹6.3k
Graphics Card : ASUS GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ₹12.1k
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400MHz ₹8k
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ₹3k
Power Supply : ANTEC EA550G PRO 550W 80 PLUS GOLD ₹5.8k
Cabinet : Corsair Carbide Series SPEC:04 ₹2.9k
Monitor : Dell 24 inch 60Hz Gaming Monitor ₹11.8k
KB/Mouse : 1k
Some speakers : 3K

Total: 69.1K

try Mdcomputers.in. But you will have to wait for a week or so to get stuff and at most save 500-1000 rupees or so. If something does not work or is DOA, you will have to send it back to them in Delhi at your cost or go to service center here. I think its better to get all stuff from 2-3 shops in Lamington road like Prime or some other nearby ones. That way the build will be faster without any wait times and you will get more time to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong.

try Mdcomputers.in. But you will have to wait for a week or so to get stuff and at most save 500-1000 rupees or so. If something does not work or is DOA, you will have to send it back to them in Delhi at your cost or go to service center here. I think its better to get all stuff from 2-3 shops in Lamington road like Prime or some other nearby ones. That way the build will be faster without any wait times and you will get more time to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong.
I stay in Pune and dont got the time to dedicate walking into shops here. Nor here there is any concrete wholesale market like lamington or nehru place.
And if we mention the name of lamington road here they feel jealous or raise their egos so no point arguing with idiot shopkeepers here.[DOUBLEPOST=1553000426][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I tried convincing him for Amd but his brother and dad insisting only on Intel builds. I asked him to raise his budget to 75k

I stay in Pune and dont got the time to dedicate walking into shops here. Nor here there is any concrete wholesale market like lamington or nehru place.
And if we mention the name of lamington road here they feel jealous or raise their egos so no point arguing with idiot shopkeepers here.[DOUBLEPOST=1553000426][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I tried convincing him for Amd but his brother and dad insisting only on Intel builds. I asked him to raise his budget to 75k

ah, then you can search amazon, mdcomputers and primeabgb for the best prices. no point in arguing with the father son duo too. just make sure they don't blame any software problems on you later on like virus, etc just because you built the system.

ah, then you can search amazon, mdcomputers and primeabgb for the best prices. no point in arguing with the father son duo too. just make sure they don't blame any software problems on you later on like virus, etc just because you built the system.
Actually it has been many years I gave up his assembling stuff etc due to obvious work and family. But just on recommendation where I helped someone build a good system he gave my ref to this person.

You can try Sujata computers near Nal stop. They gave me good quote earlier when I built I3 computer.
I am also working Ryzen build and got very good quote from one shop in Kharadi, prices are close or less than online market.
I decided to go with him as it will save hassles in case of any issues with any component.

That Rx 580 deal though. Had it been an 8gb version, would have been a killer deal. Is it a good idea to get a 4gb card in 2019 considering games are able to utilise more than 7 GB easily?

That Rx 580 deal though. Had it been an 8gb version, would have been a killer deal. Is it a good idea to get a 4gb card in 2019 considering games are able to utilise more than 7 GB easily?

Since it's 1080p, I think it will be enough. As long as they don't use ultra/very high settings on all games.

@ashish What exactly will you be doing when you say you want it for 3ds max, PS etc.? Is it going to be for rendering animations, or maybe some VFX simulation plugins like hair, particle effects etc.? If it's not something along those lines, but rather just cranking out models, texturing them & rendering out still images, one doesn't really require high-end hardware. (I have an i5 2400, 8gb ram, gtx 660 & get by just fine while doing the latter.)

@ashish What exactly will you be doing when you say you want it for 3ds max, PS etc.? Is it going to be for rendering animations, or maybe some VFX simulation plugins like hair, particle effects etc.? If it's not something along those lines, but rather just cranking out models, texturing them & rendering out still images, one doesn't really require high-end hardware. (I have an i5 2400, 8gb ram, gtx 660 & get by just fine while doing the latter.)
I dont know what the user intends to do with it in-depth. He said he will require it for modeling etc purpose in Max, maya etc tools. Now how deep he might use it I got no idea. Also, it shouldnt happen that he is only limited to models, texturing them & rendering out still images and when later on if he ever requires for animation purpose he will blame me for having another Major upgrade for memory or cpu combo.

Back