Budget 71-90K New PC Build. Need to check with you guys

atiamd

Adept
Hello,,

I am going to be building a new gaming/streaming PC. Because of the cryptocurrency maniacs, GTX 1060/RX 570, 580 prices going haywire, I need you guys to tell me if this is the cheapest possible build in the current situation.
I am located in Bangalore and if anybody can point me to anything cheaper, please let me know. Thanks in advance guys.

1. What is your budget?
    • 71-90K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Phenom II 720BE OC'd to 3.3 GHz on 3 cores
    • Motherboard - Asus M4A78T-E
    • GPU - ATI R9 270X 2GB
    • RAM - GSKILL 2x4GB = 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    • Monitor - Samsung 22" 1080P TN Panel
    • PSU - Corsair TX750
    • 1x256GB SSD and 3x1TB HDDs
    • Main components were bought in 2009 and graphics card and RAM were upgraded
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • 1x256GB SSD and 3x1TB HDDs
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 1400 -INR12500 - Amazon
    • Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix B350. Combo RX570 4GB from Newegg. Total cost: 30000 (includes shipping and duties)
    • GPU - RX 570 4GB as combo with mobo as mentioned above
    • PSU - SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W - ~6k from Newegg incl shipping and duties
    • RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 - 13K from Newegg including shiiping and duties
    • Tower - COOLER MASTER MID TOWER CABINET (ATX) - MASTERBOX 5 TRANSPARENT SIDE PANEL (BLACK) RYZEN EDITION - ~6K from MD computers incl shipping
    • Monitor - BENQ GC2870H - 28 INCH MONITOR (5Ms RESPONSE TIME, VA PANEL) - ~17500 incl shipping from MD computers
    • Total comes out to be ~85000
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This is final for at least 2 years except of course the graphics card
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Online purchases
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming - At least 1080p with Ultra settings 50-60 FPS average. 0.1% lowest should not fall below 30 and 1% lowest should not fall below 40
    • Streaming to Twitch, Youtube etc.
    • Encoding gameplay recordings to at least 1080P
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • For PSU, I will stick to Seasonic only. Suggestions for monitors will be highly appreciated. Within 18K, if you have any suggestions for 27" FHD monitor (IPS or VA, no TN), you are most welcome
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Dark Souls, GTA V, Doom, Battlefield (from BC2 all the way to BF1), Rise of the tomb raider, Witcher 2 and 3. Basically, I play all kinds of games except flight sims and 4x strategy. I am hugely into online FPS, RPGs, RTS, Third person etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes, I will OC the CPU from day 1.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

GPU prices are coming down, there are u.s retailers taking orders at $200-250 price point for rx4/580 and 1060s, that's around 13-16,000 rupees.

Rx380/1060 prices were down to 10K in the U.s and 16~K here.

By next month you should be able get the gpus at a good price.

Also AMD's Vega gpus have way higher hasrate than current gpus, like 3 times high. So don't count on being able to acquire those.

CPU and RAM overclocking will be a bit painful at least right now since Ryzen doesn't play nice with all RAM kits.

Since you are buying from newegg and hence have a wider selection of RAM kits I would suggest go through this link for compatible RAM kits.

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/amd-ryzen-cpus-launched.182385/page-19#post-2130429

Other than that the config is sweet.:headphone:

I would try for the 1600 as its the most VFM chip in the Ryzen lineup but that's up to personal opinion.

BTW why are you discarding the TX750?

My VX550v2 circa 2010 is still humming along today with 0 issues.

Last edited:
GPU prices are coming down, there are u.s retailers taking orders at $200-250 price point for rx4/580 and 1060s, that's around 13-16,000 rupees.

Rx380/1060 prices were down to 10K in the U.s and 16~K here.

By next month you should be able get the gpus at a good price.

Also AMD's Vega gpus have way higher hasrate than current gpus, like 3 times high. So don't count on being able to acquire those.

Yes, I am counting on the prices to fall too as I am going to build it latest by September 2nd week. Since, I dont care about mining, I dont care about the hashrate. All I want is an RX 570/580/1060 6GB within 20K which I am getting as a part of this combo from Newegg. I am surprised that these GPUs are still available only on Newegg for their original prices, maybe due to the only in combo availability. Thanks for your input.

CPU and RAM overclocking will be a bit painful at least right now since Ryzen doesn't play nice with all RAM kits.

Since you are buying from newegg and hence have a wider selection of RAM kits I would suggest go through this link for compatible RAM kits.

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/amd-ryzen-cpus-launched.182385/page-19#post-2130429

Other than that the config is sweet.:headphone:

I would try for the 1600 as its the most VFM chip in the Ryzen lineup but that's up to personal opinion.

BTW why are you discarding the TX750?

My VX550v2 circa 2010 is still humming along today with 0 issues.

I did take a look at that list before posting. But I really like the 3000 MHz dual channel goodness on configurable RGB lighting on this sweet RAM. Plus it is compatible. Especially with ASUS ROG motherboard. Worst case scenario is that in case of incompatibility I will have to run it at 2666 MHz which would likely get resolved in a future Agesa update.

I wanted R5 1600 coz of 2/4 extra cores/threads and with 16MB of L3 cache. However, since launch price of around 14.5K, this CPU has increased in price to ~18k now. 6500 difference is not justified IMO, so I decided to go for Ryzen 5 1400 and maybe sell it in early 2018 and get the 8C/16T CPU that will be available for ~12k at that time on AM4 board. This is all speculation I know, but I really hope it goes this way. I know I am sacrificing a lot of productivity performance due to stepping down to 1400, but I dont have a choice really. If its available within 15K as it originally was, I will buy the 1600 definitely.

My TX 750 (from 2009) is still going strong. I will still keep it to keep the old rig running. That rig will be used to play local LAN games such as Borderlands etc. by my wife. Me on new PC, she on the old one. hehe. Plus, if we ever unfortunately return to old days when my Radeon 4870 used to easily consume about 550W of combined PC power, I will just swap this 750 in the new PC. I know it will likely never happen, just kidding. :)

Thanks for your inputs.

Any suggestions for monitors?

Last edited:
That rig will be used to play local LAN games such as Borderlands etc. by my wife. Me on new PC, she on the old one. hehe. :)

I salute you sir......:pompus:

Your approach to the CPU choice makes perfect sense.

As to the monitor what are your preferences-Screen size vs IPS/TN vs response time?

^ coming to monitors, what is your purpose? For multiplayer gaming fast response times and high refresh rate make a night and day difference, coming from someone who plays a lot of overwatch since last year. Also For casual gaming, IPS/curved panels will do just fine but you will be at a disadvantage when playing multiplayer games. Like real disadvantage.

I salute you sir......:pompus:

Your approach to the CPU choice makes perfect sense.

As to the monitor what are your preferences-Screen size vs IPS/TN vs response time?

Haha, yeah. This old PC can still be used for many things coz of 3 physical cores and a fairly good R9 270X. And luckily, I have gotten my wife into PC gaming in the last 2 years. More than LAN gaming, I am looking forward to the quiet time at my new PC playing new games that I couldnt play for the past 3 years due to hardware limitations. She is already addicted now, and will keep gaming on the old PC, leaving me in peace.. Shhhh.. dont tell her please. :p

For the monitor, I would like >27 inch, IPS or VA panel, Freesync is appreciated but not compulsary (is very useful for the times when this gfx card gets old and I dont have the money to buy the new one. The transition period is the hardest. hehe). 60 Hz is enough for me keeping in mind the budget of <18K. I drool for 2K, but cant have in this budget, I know.
One more thing, I will use a >40 inch FHD or 4k TV (budget for this is not included in the build) to play the controller based games. Do you think it will be better if I go for a good 24 inch monitor than the 27 inch one?

^ coming to monitors, what is your purpose? For multiplayer gaming fast response times and high refresh rate make a night and day difference, coming from someone who plays a lot of overwatch since last year. Also For casual gaming, IPS/curved panels will do just fine but you will be at a disadvantage when playing multiplayer games. Like real disadvantage.
Yes. The issue is that for the past 4 months that I am researching for this PC, I havent been able to find any monitor of any size <18k for refresh rate >60Hz. If you know of any such monitor from anywhere in bangalore or online india (really dont want to source a monitor from newegg etc. for obvious reasons), I will most definitely look into it. Thanks for your inputs.

Yes. The issue is that for the past 4 months that I am researching for this PC, I havent been able to find any monitor of any size <18k for refresh rate >60Hz. If you know of any such monitor from anywhere in bangalore or online india (really dont want to source a monitor from newegg etc. for obvious reasons), I will most definitely look into it. Thanks for your inputs.

tried olx/quickr ? i got my zowie xl24030t for 18.5K from a te member 3 months ago, also expensive 144hz monitors will rival most cheap and mediocre ips displays in case of colour quality.

I gave a cursory look at OLX yesterday. Unfortunately, couldnt find anything. Since I have time to make a purchase, I will keep looking.

Ohh BTW, since we are talking about monitors, and since you guys helped me, there is a deal going on on Amazon. TCL 39 inch LED TV is available for around 18K. If you exchange it with a 32 inch LED TV, you get the 39 incher in 10.5K. I am going to buy that today and keep searching for the monitor. Thanks again guys.

I gave a cursory look at OLX yesterday. Unfortunately, couldnt find anything. Since I have time to make a purchase, I will keep looking.

Ohh BTW, since we are talking about monitors, and since you guys helped me, there is a deal going on on Amazon. TCL 39 inch LED TV is available for around 18K. If you exchange it with a 32 inch LED TV, you get the 39 incher in 10.5K. I am going to buy that today and keep searching for the monitor. Thanks again guys.

Hey, one question that I forgot to ask earlier. These B350 AM4 motherboards list in their specifications that there are 4 SATA slots (chipset based) and 2 SATA slots (Ryzen based). What is the difference? I hope I am able to use all 6 without any performance impact. I will be using 1 SSD, 3 HDDs, and one optical drive - total 5 slots on motherboard required at least. e.g. why does it mention 2+4 SATA ports. Does this mean that if we are not pairing it with Ryzen CPU, then only 4 SATA slots will be available? Or, does it mean that using all 6 ports will decrease the performance?

https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988&ignorebbr=1

Storage Devices
SATA 6Gb/s
AMD Ryzen Processors:
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)

AMD B350 chipset:
4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
M.2
Ryzen Processors:
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x4 mode) *5

7th Generation A-series/Athlon Processors:
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x2 mode) *6

*5 When a SATA / PCIE mode M.2 device is installed, the M.2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA6G_5/6 ports.
*6 When a SATA mode M.2 device is installed, the M.2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA6G_5/6 ports.
SATA RAID
0/1/10

Well Ryzen has its own PCIe3.0x4 connection for NVMe SSDs and seems like they have added 2 shared SATA ports on this connection as well.

Since you don't have a NVMe SSD I would suggest connecting the OS SSD to SATA6G_5/6 port and the rest of the dump drives can be connected anywhere.

upload_2017-8-9_15-45-17.png

Budget -98.5K

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X -15000,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8300,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx 2) 3000Mhz -10700,
Seasonic S12II 520w -6500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4500,
Zotac GTX1070 8GB OC - 37000,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -7500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS - 9000.

Total:98,500.

Okay thanks a lot for your input. It makes sense. Alrighty, I guess I will update after buying the PC.

Well Ryzen has its own PCIe3.0x4 connection for NVMe SSDs and seems like they have added 2 shared SATA ports on this connection as well.

Since you don't have a NVMe SSD I would suggest connecting the OS SSD to SATA6G_5/6 port and the rest of the dump drives can be connected anywhere.

View attachment 71419

Just an update. I have started buying the components. Because of most of the stuff being not available (sigh), I was forced to start with the monitor. I bough LG gaming IPS monitor which is 24 inch and comes with 1 ms response time mode, freesync, 3 game modes (FPS1, FPS2, RTS), and black equalizer. below is the link and I bought it for INR 15K from Amazon. It was delivered within 18 hours.. lol... Monitor is good, I have spent 2 days with it now. Night and day difference between my Samsung 22 inch and this one for sure. The TCL TV turned out to be a dud. But since it cost me only 9K, I dont care. I have another TCL 55 inch 4k TV (L55P2MUS, which is awesome), so its this 39 inch model that sucks. Games on this 39 inch look like shit but if you watch full HD content from > 8 feet distance, suddenly it becomes one of the best full HD tv.. lol...

Blacks on this monitor are surprisingly good. Also, I dont use any modes and I have turned them off. 1ms response time can be toggled, and does make a difference in FPS gameplay for sure. However, using it washes away the color and this panel magically becomes a TN panel... So, it has best of both worlds... > 99% sRGB of IPS panel as well as 1 ms response time when you need it for games.... So far so good.

On a side note, GTX 1060 3GB prices have started falling, AMD GPU started appearing but expensive. Looks like there s still about a month to go before the prices return to normal..
LG Gaming 24MP59G 24-inch Monitor (Black)

If you're not too picky about the monitor, I have my Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD up for sale can save you a couple of 1000's off the retail price.

In fact looking at the specs of your current rig, there are probably quite a few components you could reuse yourself!

Just an update. I have started buying the components. Because of most of the stuff being not available (sigh), I was forced to start with the monitor. I bough LG gaming IPS monitor which is 24 inch and comes with 1 ms response time mode, freesync, 3 game modes (FPS1, FPS2, RTS), and black equalizer. below is the link and I bought it for INR 15K from Amazon. It was delivered within 18 hours.. lol... Monitor is good, I have spent 2 days with it now. Night and day difference between my Samsung 22 inch and this one for sure. The TCL TV turned out to be a dud. But since it cost me only 9K, I dont care. I have another TCL 55 inch 4k TV (L55P2MUS, which is awesome), so its this 39 inch model that sucks. Games on this 39 inch look like shit but if you watch full HD content from > 8 feet distance, suddenly it becomes one of the best full HD tv.. lol...

Blacks on this monitor are surprisingly good. Also, I dont use any modes and I have turned them off. 1ms response time can be toggled, and does make a difference in FPS gameplay for sure. However, using it washes away the color and this panel magically becomes a TN panel... So, it has best of both worlds... > 99% sRGB of IPS panel as well as 1 ms response time when you need it for games.... So far so good.

On a side note, GTX 1060 3GB prices have started falling, AMD GPU started appearing but expensive. Looks like there s still about a month to go before the prices return to normal..
LG Gaming 24MP59G 24-inch Monitor (Black)
Which amazon seller did you go for?Cart2India or techIndia?

Which amazon seller did you go for?Cart2India or techIndia?
Cart2India .
I ordered at about 6 in the evening and got it delivered the next morning. If you are going for this monitor, I should tell you that this monitor is awesome because of its 75 Hz refresh rate. However, when I turn its 1ms response time mode on, the screen starts to flicker. Due to which I dont turn it on anymore. Thus, I am playing on a response time of 5 ms. Also, the monitor that I received developed severe yellow patch at the left corner of the screen within 8 hours. So, I filed a return at around 6PM and got a new one at around 9AM next morning. I am located in Bangalore. Flicker issue is with both monitors. I believe that this is because the IPS panel cannot deliver 1ms and its just a marketing gimmick. However, the refresh rate of 75 Hz makes up for it in my case, so I dont care, but your usage may vary, so keep this in mind. I dont play pro level games. I played paladins on this monitor and it looks and feel awesome with frame rates reaching 70 FPS. This low frame rate is because of my old HW (Phenom II 720 + R9 270x + 8GB DDR3 @1600 MHz). I played Thief, Witcher 2, GTA EFLC, Turing effect, Half life 2 also on this monitor and they all looked good to me.

Which monitor do you have currently BTW?

Back