Budget 71-90K New PC Build. Need to check with you guys

Cart2India .
I ordered at about 6 in the evening and got it delivered the next morning. If you are going for this monitor, I should tell you that this monitor is awesome because of its 75 Hz refresh rate. However, when I turn its 1ms response time mode on, the screen starts to flicker. Due to which I dont turn it on anymore. Thus, I am playing on a response time of 5 ms. Also, the monitor that I received developed severe yellow patch at the left corner of the screen within 8 hours. So, I filed a return at around 6PM and got a new one at around 9AM next morning. I am located in Bangalore. Flicker issue is with both monitors. I believe that this is because the IPS panel cannot deliver 1ms and its just a marketing gimmick. However, the refresh rate of 75 Hz makes up for it in my case, so I dont care, but your usage may vary, so keep this in mind. I dont play pro level games. I played paladins on this monitor and it looks and feel awesome with frame rates reaching 70 FPS. This low frame rate is because of my old HW (Phenom II 720 + R9 270x + 8GB DDR3 @1600 MHz). I played Thief, Witcher 2, GTA EFLC, Turing effect, Half life 2 also on this monitor and they all looked good to me.

Which monitor do you have currently BTW?
Some FHD 24" BenQ monitor circa 2011.Don't remember the model number anymore...:p

Hey @Marcus Fenix, what is your steam ID? After I build my new PC in a month or so, maybe we can play some online games?

Are you interested in Battlefield 4 Multiplayer gaming?

As it is an old game now, you can buy it very cheap.

BF4 multiplayer mode is still a lot of Fun. Many people still play this game coz BF1 has old vehicles and weapons which many people dont like including me :p. :)

Of course. I will probably sign up for Origin access after I build this PC. I must tell you that I am not very good at it now as I havent played online FPS for 3 4 years lol. But, yeah do add me and then bear with me... lol.

LordVader on steam. Add me there to start with and then later on, after I have built my PC and started gaming, Origin will follow.

Okay, here is my final looking build.

I will also go to SP road market to see if I can get these for cheaper locally in a couple of weeks.

In the meanwhile, if anybody wants to give any feedback about this, youre most welcome. I am especially looking for an alternate case and cheaper 3GHz RAM. I decided to not go for MD computers etc. due to their no return policy and they all take 8 to 10 days to deliver and cost difference is only 2 3 thousand plus minus. Also, I decided against Newegg imports due to all the hassles if anything is DOA. So, its either Amazon India or SP Road for me, unfortunately. If anybody knows a reliable place to get these parts for cheaper than this, it will be much appreciated. GTX 1060s have started to come down in prices. I hope they will be 2 k more cheaper in a month (although they can as easily go more expensive). Who would have thought real estate investment will go down the drain in India and Graphics card investment will yield positive results... lol..

Apart from this, I am keeping all my old HDDs and SSD and will use them in this build. Plus, I have already bought the LG 24 inch 75 Hz IPS Monitor for 15K from Amazon India.
Subtotal (6 items): 73,944.00

As Marcus Fenix suggested, try to squeeze in Ryzen 1600 as future games would probably use more cores and if you are into content creation the 2 extra cores and 4threads would really come in handy.

Even if a person builds a gaming PC just to game, ends up eventually using the PC to do some kind of content creation work like say video editing in Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator etc etc. So going with a 6core processor now makes a lot of sense.

Just my 2cents. :)

I left helping people build PC's by suggesting components on TE a long time ago (so i am a bit rusty) but if you want me to suggest you components, i would be more than glad to help :)

Anyways here's my recommendation.

Recommendation.jpg

I suggested Kingston 8GB kit coz for most of the games, 8GB is enough, i am using this kit personally with my gaming rig and its great. Plus these particular rams are very good overclockers. I was able to overclock my Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 2133MHz kit to 3200MHz at 1.3volts with 15-17-17-28 CAS Latency on my Skylake PC. Currently running them at 2666MHz at stock voltage of 1.2v with 15-15-15-30 CR1 CAS Latency.

I know that most of the rams don't play good with Ryzen but people have managed to run their incompatible RAMs at 2666MHz to 2800MHz without any issue. I know that Ryzen infinity fabric benefits a lot from faster rams but there wont be a huge difference in performance if you would go with 2666MHz RAM instead of 3000MHz. Plus i suggesed an 8GB kit coz RAM is something that you can always upgrade as per your needs.

I suggested Corsair RM650x PSU coz its 80+ Gold Rated and comes with 10years Warranty. Corsair builds quality PSUs, plus 10Years warranty means, peace of mind for 10years.

Last edited:
Okay. So I bit the bullet lost my patience and bought the pc after 5 beers.
Everything from sp road except the cpu as it was not available with them which I ordered at Amazon for 18k. At sp road it would have cost me 16500 if it was available. Yes I know... I over spent.. but not too much. After a week of negotiations with these sp road shopkeepers finally bought everything except cpu from Ankit Infotech.

CPU ryzen 5 1600 18k Amazon
Mobo Asus ROG STRIX b350f gaming 10.5k sp
RAM gskill trident z rgb 3 GHz 14100 sp
Psu seasonic m12ii Evo 520W 6400 sp
Case CM masterbox lite 5 rgb 5700 sp
Comes with 3 rgb fans in front and one exhaust at the back. :) but holds only 3 storage devices at a time.. But I'll mod it
Gfx Zotac gtx 1060 6 GB mini 23000 sp

Total 78k plus 15k for monitor
All prices including taxes.. And Marcus please accept my request on steam.. :)

Back