Budget 10-15K New phone below 20K

PH0ENiX

Skilled
Hi guys, i am looking for a new daily driver, currently on a October 2014 iPhone 6 plus that has a number of issues, my budget is around 10K, can stretch out to 20K if required but prefer keeping it as low as possible.

I need storage space, Long battery & Headphone Jack, that is it. Camera doesn't matter.

Redmi note 4 is on top of my list, have considered buying it before but it seems to have too many issues.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 10-20K, lower the better
2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5 and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: android N

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G for Jio

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: media, music and daily tasks

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: single

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: both will do
9. Any other requirements?
A: 64gb plus of available storage, long battery life
10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi Note 4.

Last edited:
Any update on Camera Quality?
Also you bought locally, from any Store or .....?

brought from a local store in Delhi, 12.5K for redmi note 4 black, 32+ 3gb.

Camera takes decent shots, 7.9/10, i have a DSLR so it was not a priority but still would have preferred something better.

coming to performance, fantastic.

after removing the MIUI, android feels butter smooth, performance is also better than my iphone 6. display is perfect

audio quality is fantastic, using my M50X, Volume levels are fine.

coming to build quality, Disappointing...

the fingerprint sensor is wearing off, like oil marks, in a week with less than 100 presses.

i heard the display gets scratched easily but did not think it can be this bad, there is a very small scratch on bottom of the screen already from light usage for the past week, dont bother using it without a screen guard.

the Back, well the phone fell once from like 2 feet onto wooden flooring and already has a noticeable scratch on the back side.

replacement parts for the phone are cheap, display is like 1200, and back is 600, fingerprint sensor is 300, thats great.

also, the captive buttons on the display, they dont completely disappear when turned off, you can see the white outline, this felt cheap to me personally

so end remarks,

do i like the phone?

yes, 9/10

does it fit all my needs?

yes

will I keep it for the next few years?

ahh, nope, i will upgrade if anything with a better camera and build comes out, maybe redmi note 5?

re
brought from a local store in Delhi, 12.5K for redmi note 4 black, 32+ 3gb.

Camera takes decent shots, 7.9/10, i have a DSLR so it was not a priority but still would have preferred something better.

coming to performance, fantastic.

after removing the MIUI, android feels butter smooth, performance is also better than my iphone 6. display is perfect

audio quality is fantastic, using my M50X, Volume levels are fine.

coming to build quality, Disappointing...

the fingerprint sensor is wearing off, like oil marks, in a week with less than 100 presses.

i heard the display gets scratched easily but did not think it can be this bad, there is a very small scratch on bottom of the screen already from light usage for the past week, dont bother using it without a screen guard.

the Back, well the phone fell once from like 2 feet onto wooden flooring and already has a noticeable scratch on the back side.

replacement parts for the phone are cheap, display is like 1200, and back is 600, fingerprint sensor is 300, thats great.

also, the captive buttons on the display, they dont completely disappear when turned off, you can see the white outline, this felt cheap to me personally

so end remarks,

do i like the phone?

yes, 9/10

does it fit all my needs?

yes

will I keep it for the next few years?

ahh, nope, i will upgrade if anything with a better camera and build comes out, maybe redmi note 5?

i have had similar experience like yours
But custom roms have lots of bugs

1. Screen rotation issue
2. GPS is good but MIUI had better GPU performance
3. Wifi Hotspot issue, most of the times had to restart device to use hotspot

I love stock roms but always end up flashing the stock miui rom after using custom roms for a while

Back