New phone in a budget of 25-30k

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of buying a new phone. My only requirement is that I should be able to use Chat, Email, Text, Browse on phone easily. Multimedia Capabilities are not that much important :hap5: However I would love to have a Good primary cam and a secondary cam for video calling if possible. Battery life should also be good.

I am considering following phone in that order:

1. Blackberry Bold 3 9780 - Loved the QWERTY key board of my present BB Curve. Now real-time Facebook/Twitter updates in BB OS 6 is just awesome. Battery is very good. Goes 2 days in single charge. But absence of front camera and small screen is a deal breaker for me.

2. Sony Xperia Arc: Loved the sexy sleek design. Big screen, and a f/2.4 primary camera would be awesome (I guess). Only thing I'm worried about this phone is battery life and absence of physical keyboard.

3. HTC Incredible S: Well Sense UI is just awesome. Front camera is a plus. Although I've heard that primary cam is not good. I saw Desire HD and I observed too much sharpness in photos and colors were not reproduced correctly. Again battery life is a concern.

4. HTC Desire Z: Only good thing about this phone is QWERTY keyboard and Sense UI. Everything else is just so so. :huh:

Below is the template filled:

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25 to 30k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: No preference

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Nokia and Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Require a descent camera with flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Blackberry 9780, SE Xperia Arc, Incredible S, Desire Z

So guys, pour in your suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

^^ No front facing camera on the Arc...and according to the engadget review, the camera and display are so so too

The BB will have a really poor web browsing experience, not to mention the exorbitant rates u have to pay for Internet and Mail services on BBs

Would suggest the Incredible S..its a really Incredible device :p. Also, more future proof than the Arc because of better specs..also, better battery life than the Arc

Forget HTCs if you are looking for good battery back up.Arc seems good on papers but battery can be of concern,bold 3 is good but only if you use bb messenger.Any specific reason to stay away from Samsung?

The Neo should be good enough given the price and it also has a front facing camera. The Neo is infact a shrinked Arc and should give you everything you wish for. And who in their right mind supports engadgets review? Bunch of apple eating patients.

^^LOL..couldnt have put it in a better way...yeah the Neo is a great buy..but why not go for the Incredible S? SE has a poor history of Android update support...and not to mention their laggy UI and poor battery life because of Timescape, Mediascape etc etc...Sense FTW!!

unreal_ishan said:
^^ No front facing camera on the Arc...and according to the engadget review, the camera and display are so so too
The BB will have a really poor web browsing experience, not to mention the exorbitant rates u have to pay for Internet and Mail services on BBs
Would suggest the Incredible S..its a really Incredible device :p. Also, more future proof than the Arc because of better specs..also, better battery life than the Arc

No front camera in Arc...aww...I was under impression that I has a front camera...my bad. Well by surfing, I only do facebook, twitter and flicker...no reading as such on mobile. So BB would suffice for that. And we can use GTalk with BB. That's why inclined towards BB Bold 3. Will check out incredible in shop and make my decision.

red dragon said:
Forget HTCs if you are looking for good battery back up.Arc seems good on papers but battery can be of concern,bold 3 is good but only if you use bb messenger.Any specific reason to stay away from Samsung?

yes, I know..HTC and good battery like just don't go together. That's the only concern. Well Samsung mobiles' build quality is pathetic...it feels plasticky...which I don't like at all. And their high end phones have no flash...that's real deal breaker.

catcherintherye said:
The Neo should be good enough given the price and it also has a front facing camera. The Neo is infact a shrinked Arc and should give you everything you wish for. And who in their right mind supports engadgets review? Bunch of apple eating patients.
Well I will check out Neo too in shop today.

Any other option guys..please help me out :)

Well, the Optimus 2x is also an option. Dual core tegra but has a few bugs which should be ironed out. Wait for the bugs to get ironed out and then take the plunge. And of course if you can trust a High end LG. :p

The Desire S has also been launched. You can have a look. Also, all the talk about SEs update history is just crap, the X10 is getting Gingerbread and some people here want it to dual boot Honeycomb. But if i were you, i would go to a shop and get a hands on myself. :)

I know people really hate Nokia for some reason here...but the best alternatives to the above would be the N8/E7...just have a look with an open mind and u'll realise what i'm talking about...perfect for ur usage...with gr8 battery life...and decent app support..upcoming updates will improve it even further...

Just check out the E7 hardware...there is no better built phone in the market today...

catcherintherye said:
Well, the Optimus 2x is also an option. Dual core tegra but has a few bugs which should be ironed out. Wait for the bugs to get ironed out and then take the plunge. And of course if you can trust a High end LG. :p

The Desire S has also been launched. You can have a look. Also, all the talk about SEs update history is just crap, the X10 is getting Gingerbread and some people here want it to dual boot Honeycomb. But if i were you, i would go to a shop and get a hands on myself. :)

Well I think Optimus 2x is not available to buy in shops and I want to buy a phone ASAP (kinda desperate...have been waiting for long to get better phone...and there seems no end to this wait :p). Yes, I'm aware of bad past record of SE in up-taking new version of Android. I liked the design of Arc...and found battery is 1500 mAh...hence was thinking to get this.
unreal_ishan said:
I know people really hate Nokia for some reason here...but the best alternatives to the above would be the N8/E7...just have a look with an open mind and u'll realise what i'm talking about...perfect for ur usage...with gr8 battery life...and decent app support..upcoming updates will improve it even further...

Just check out the E7 hardware...there is no better built phone in the market today...

Well Nokia never pleased me. Don't like the UI. Hardware wise...it's good but for me UI experience matters more than hardware :)

Konquerror said:
Well I think Optimus 2x is not available to buy in shops and I want to buy a phone ASAP (kinda desperate...have been waiting for long to get better phone...and there seems no end to this wait :p). Yes, I'm aware of bad past record of SE in up-taking new version of Android. I liked the design of Arc...and found battery is 1500 mAh...hence was thinking to get this.
Well Nokia never pleased me. Don't like the UI. Hardware wise...it's good but for me UI experience matters more than hardware :)
I think it is. I just had a hands on and the price is 27k. Makes for much more value than Any stupid SE phone released(really? 31k for Xperia Play to play old PS1 games?)

comp@ddict said:
I think it is. I just had a hands on and the price is 27k. Makes for much more value than Any stupid SE phone released(really? 31k for Xperia Play to play old PS1 games?)
Well can you tell which shop and where?

How is Motorola Milestone 2? I loved the QWERTY slide out key board. Any views?

@comp@addict- Its also a full fledged phone. And the PLAY is a game centric phone which is unrivaled. The Optimus 2x has a myriad of problems. Check xda. The earphone is crap, muffled tones, phone switches off randomly. Just check them over. :)

LG Optimus 2X ..... it would be priced around 30k. Dual-Core 1GHz Processor nVidia Tegra, 512MB RAM, 8MP Cam with flash, 4" Screen, 8GB Internal Memory + 32GB expandable & what not. I am buying this next.

LG Optimus 2X Specs & Details

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@catcherintherye: Why don't you provide the link yourself? I couldn't find a single thing regarding problems in LG Optimus 2X.

Ok guys...I visited store and found that Optimus 2x is not available. Xperia Arc will be available in 2 weeks. Didn't like Desire Z. So now considering Incredible S and Nexus S. I saw hands on video of Nexus S and found it's pretty responsive. However hardware wise Incredible S wins and Sense UI is awesome. Please suggest what it should be: Nexus S or Incredible S?

Incredible S is better as Nexus S doesn't have a memory slow. I would call Samsung Galaxy S and Incredible S in the same league, though many people might prefer the HTC one here! :) I would say wait and go for a dual core! :D

HTC Desire S, Motorola Atrix & LG Optimus 2x are the kind of device that will top most of the android devices.

Consider HTC Desire S which is not dual-core phone but packs quite a punch. This is the kind of phone that serves most of the needs without a hitch & the price is also not too high, expected to be around 28k. The screen being 3.7 inch & the model being handy, I feel I like phones which are not too big for the pocket.

Moto Atrix is a powerhouse of all the Android devices, dual-core cpu, 1 GB RAM qHD display. The device is big. Most probably going to be the costly device, ecpected to be around 35k+.

As for LG Optimus 2x, I have spoken earlier so refer back to that.

Don't go for Sammy Galaxy S as it doesn't have flash at all & why buy an old device when so many options are there. Sammy GS is a good phone indeed but time to move over.

I will vote for Sony Ericsson Arc

* Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS Powered Smartphone
* Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon 1 GHz processor
* Large 4.2" Reality display powered by Sony Bravia Engine
* Full Touch Screen
* Slim and Light weight design with thickness of 8.7 mm
* 8 MP Camera with HD Recording and Sony Exmor Sensor
* LED Flash, Auto Focus, Geo Tagging, Red Eye Reduction with Camera
* On Screen QWERTY Keypad
* 3G Connectivity with HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
* Wi-Fi
* Bluetooth