New promo from Airtel - NO FUP

rdst_1

Skilled
Some of my friends recently availed a new promo offer from Airtel, where choosing a static IP at Rs. 450 per month, they get unlimited download without any FUP.
They have opted for 4Mbps plan and total after taxes comes to around 1400. 8Mbps costs around 2k.

Don't know how long the promo will last or how long before Airtel turn around on their word, but people can definitely enjoy a few months of FUP less internet.

Maybe failtel has seen the writing on the wall.
I hope my optimism isnt out of place.

Either they ll go back on their words and will start implementing FUP
Or
They might start rolling out better plans like these to counter Reliance + changing tide.

I knew ipv4 which used to be 99/month was increased an year back to 200/month and now its 450/month? :eek:
Unlimited and Airtel both words can never be synonyms.

I have a feeling this is some fraud, not an official one. From my perspective, it simply does not make sense - how can making a person take a static IP ensure he gets an a non-FUP'd connection?

Ask for an official leaflet or something. If you already have one, please post it.

I have a feeling this is some fraud, not an official one. From my perspective, it simply does not make sense - how can making a person take a static IP ensure he gets an a non-FUP'd connection?

Ask for an official leaflet or something. If you already have one, please post it.
My friend got a call from Airtel and they started offering him more expensive plans than the one he was on. He asked them to cut the BS and just tell him if there was a plan which had no FUP. That is when they told him off this promo and now a lot of our friends have called Airtel and availed the same offer. I myself would have jumped on the offer if I wasn't moving in a month.
As I have already pointed out in the OP, there is no guarantee of the offer or it's duration. It's more along the lines of making hay while the sun shines than a permanent respite from FUP but you never know. I'll update this thread if I hear of any changes from my friend.

Static IP would be easy for the cops to track down Piracy downloaders easily may it be Software or Movies. There are instances of people downloading content using a static IP in the office and they get caught easily. Most of the people caught were using Static IP according to media reports. sadly i couldn't find any links.

Static IP would be easy for the cops to track down Piracy downloaders easily may it be Software or Movies. There are instances of people downloading content using a static IP in the office and they get caught easily. Most of the people caught were using Static IP according to media reports. sadly i couldn't find any links.

That is a no brainer - We know that already - it is just not publicised. Microsoft and other companies track down offenders using static IP. Anti piracy outfits can track down people sharing ahem stuff with the same.

That is a no brainer - We know that already - it is just not publicised. Microsoft and other companies track down offenders using static IP. Anti piracy outfits can track down people sharing ahem stuff with the same.
I am not talking about Tech companies tracking down. Local cyber cells, Most of the ISP use dynamic addressing for the same reason and Spam is a very small reason. Talk to any ISP's technical head, they shall tell you the same.

I am not talking about Tech companies tracking down. Local cyber cells, Most of the ISP use dynamic addressing for the same reason and Spam is a very small reason. Talk to any ISP's technical head, they shall tell you the same.

Spam is not going to happen since they block port 25 (blocked on mine)

Here too, in India, the cops dont track down anyone unless the finger is pointed by the higher authorities.

static or dynamic IP doesnt matter much if they(cops) are trying to track you down for some reason.For static and dynamic IP both,this is how they will track you:
-get the ip of the user pirating movies or doing some illegal stuff
-go to ISP and ask for the customer info who was assigned that particular IP at that particular time.
-ISP tech guy will fire some Database queries to get info on the customer.
-knock on your door.

What is the name of this FUP'less plan....? Can any confirmed user tell his experience regarding no CAP after xxxx GB....? They will probably retrofit plans after a while to FUP.

What is the name of this FUP'less plan....? Can any confirmed user tell his experience regarding no CAP after xxxx GB....? They will probably retrofit plans after a while to FUP.
No specific plan. They just added static IP charges to his regular plan. They will probably go back to FUP but for now he is enjoying full speeds with no FUP.

Well if you realise that you are in 2015 and such unlimited plans without FUP should be normal because rest of the cities have such one's from last 2 years. :p

static or dynamic IP doesnt matter much if they(cops) are trying to track you down for some reason.For static and dynamic IP both,this is how they will track you:
-get the ip of the user pirating movies or doing some illegal stuff
-go to ISP and ask for the customer info who was assigned that particular IP at that particular time.
-ISP tech guy will fire some Database queries to get info on the customer.
-knock on your door.
That Applies only for Uploaders Saar or else Hundreds of people would be sitting daily in Cyber Crime police stations.

^^ The point he is trying to make is that dynamic IP allocation doesn't help you if the police really wants to track you down for whatever reason it may be. They can just go to the ISP and get details of who an IP was assigned at a particular point of time.

Back