Budget 90k+ New Rig. Help me decide on some components plus if possible reduce the budget

skaa

Recruit
Hello everyone at techenclave!

So here are my requirements/queries.

Q: What is your budget?
A: 90k [+10k max]

Q: Time frame for buying
A: 1 month

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration
A: None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel i7 3820 Sandy Bridge 3.6GHz (LGA2011)
[CPU Cooler - Corsair H100]
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
GPU - Nvidia GTX 680 (I am going to wait for the CUII versions of this card from asus)
RAM - G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (I am worried about its compatibility with the Gigabyte board)
PSU - Corsair TX850 (850W)
Cabinet - Cooler Mater HAF 922 Mid-Tower
HDD - 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm 64MB cache

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes. Additions:
1. Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit
2. A compatible 3D monitor (24" or above)

Up-gradation:
1. CPU - probably a year later

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
A: Online > City Dealer (Bangalore)

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
A: No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
A: Gaming
Rendering Tasks/ Video production
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
GTA V, Crysis [2, 3], Farcry 3, COD Black Ops [2, 3], MOH Warfighter, Assassins Creed 3 (hopefully maxed out)

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
A: Gaming - atleast 1440 x 900
Desktop - 1900 x 1200

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
A: No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
A: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Queries-
Right now totaling the price for every component, it touches 100k. (That is without including the monitor :| ).
Q1. Can I cut down prices from these components with minor/un-noticable trade off in performance?
Q2. Is the 850W PSU an overkill?
Q3. I opted for this Cabinet (Cooler master HAF 922) simply because it has loads of space inside and a place to put the massive Corsair H100 cooler.
Scenario 1: A cheaper (still a cool cabinet. Oh and did I mention it should look cool?) alternative? I know its asking for a lot, but may be just in case if there is an option.
Scenario 2: Same price range but way cooler cabinet + space for the Corsair H100 CPU cooler.

Right now I am just in planning stages, I haven't confirmed the price locally, only the online stores (lowest available).
Q4. Do you think there will be quite a difference in local and online difference? If yes, how much difference should I expect? (Just a guess is okay)
Also, it would be great if you could suggest some online stores where I could lookup the prices. So far I have looked at Flipkart, primeabgb, theitwares and bitfang.

Q5. I understand a UPS is quite important but I have no clue what to look for. (The hefty 680 gtx should not blow off anytime the power fluctuates. I am most worried about this.)

Sorry for the long post! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Intel i7 3770-20.5k
Intel DH77KC-7.8k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k
Asus OR EVGA GTX680 2GB-36.5k
Corsair TX750V2-7k OR Seasonic X560W-7k
Segate 1TB 7200RPM-5.5k
Cooler Master HAF 922-7.2k OR Corsair Carbide 500R-6.5k
Microtek 800VA-3k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.2k[No need to go for H100 cooler this would be enough]
It's better to go with Intel Ivy bridge i7 LGA 1555 instead of LGA 2011 since you're not ocing which will cost you 13k more.
1.You can cut down prices by going for LGA 1555
2.850W PSU is an overkill 750W would be enough.
3.CM HAF 922 is a great case,good airflow plus cable management.No need to go for corsair H100 cpu cooler since you're not ocing if you want to keep your cpu cool then go for the suggested CPU Cooler
4.The shops you've mentioned are good enough to buy from,You can expect 1-3k difference in prices due to shipping cost and all.
5.The UPS is suggested above.
Hope this helps.:)

skaa Mate,

Cpu - Intel Core i7-3820 Processor 3.6 4 LGA 2011 ~ 16700/-
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i7-3820-Processor-BX80619I73820/dp/B006YM9JSW
CPU cooler - Corsair Hydro H60 cooling ~ 4250/- [ No need to go for H100. Because this cooler can give you the performance like H100 and save your money]
Or
Corsair Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler ~ 7155/-
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 ~ 15650/- [ The most important thing of this MOB is that it Support for 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFireXâ„¢/NVIDIA SLI technology]
It's a good MOB for your rig.
Asus NVIDIA GTX 680 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card ~ 36450/-
http://www.flipkart.com/asus-nvidia-gtx-680-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmd9csqtgqggynz
RAM - G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) ~ 3500/- [ No need to be worry about the capibility with gigabyte MOB. It will work awesome with Gigabyte MOB]
PSU - Corsair TX850 (850W) ~ 7845/- [ Go with theitware site to buy this PSU]
http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-e...ive-high-performance-power-supply-p-2286.html
http://hardwire.in/power-supply-units/118-corsair-tx850-w-v2.html
Cabinet - Cooler Mater HAF 922 Mid-Tower ~ 8323/-
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-haf-922-mid-tower-cabinet/p/itmd5xzyvgqfhztt
[ If you are spending this much money on CM HAF 922. Then i have other best cabinet for you.
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Black Steel Cabinet ~ 8904/- ]
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache ~ 5200/-
Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit ~ 7200/- [ you can go through this two link ]
http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-Vision-Wireless-Glasses-Kit/dp/B005XULTG6
http://www.bitfang.com/nvidia-3d-vision-2-wireless-glasses-kit-pid37551/
3D monitor - BenQ XL2420T 3D Gaming Monitors ~ 24480/-
UPS - APC1KVA ~ 5000/- or Microtek 800VA with dual battery ~ 2750/- [ This UPS can take a load of your rig easily ]

The Total Price of this goes beyond your imagine my friend.
Rs.137503.

So change few stuff like
GPU - SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Card ~ 16750/-
Cabinet - NZXT Phantom 410 Crafted Series Cabinet ~ 6237/- or
Corsair Carbide Series 400/500R Mid-Tower Case ~ 5000 and 6600/-
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U12DX 1366 CPU Cooler ~ 3836/-
Or Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler ~ 2450/-

Q1. Can I cut down prices from these components with minor/un-noticable trade off in performance?
Yes You can.

Q2. Is the 850W PSU an overkill?
I know this Corsair Tx850w is an overkill, But it will killing your budget.
So. Go with Corsair TX650 V2 ~ 5500/-
http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-e...ive-high-performance-power-supply-p-2269.html
http://hardwire.in/power-supply-units/41-corsair-tx650-w-v2.html
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...tegory_id=124&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53
The best in this three link is theitwares. So go for it.

Q3. I opted for this Cabinet (Cooler master HAF 922) simply because it has loads of space inside and a place to put the massive Corsair H100 cooler.
Yes it take it all the CPU cooler in easily way fit in. But no need to go for this cabinet.

Scenario 1: A cheaper (still a cool cabinet. Oh and did I mention it should look cool?) alternative? I know its asking for a lot, but may be just in case if there is an option.
Go with NZXT Gamma ~ 2200/- or
NZXT Vulcan Gaming mATX chassis ~ 3490/-
They both are look cool.

Scenario 2: Same price range but way cooler cabinet + space for the Corsair H100 CPU cooler.
You don't need to go for corsair H100 CPU cooler.
Right now I am just in planning stages, I haven't confirmed the price locally, only the online stores (lowest available).

Q4. Do you think there will be quite a difference in local and online difference? If yes, how much difference should I expect? (Just a guess is okay)
Not much but online purchase is much cheaper then buying from local buyer.
But you are going to buy all product at the same time and it will be a benifit for you to buy from local buyer.
It will give you a huge Discount on it.

Also, it would be great if you could suggest some online stores where I could lookup the prices. So far I have looked at Flipkart, primeabgb, theitwares and bitfang.
I'm also going with this sites for the product and it give you the best price.

Q5. I understand a UPS is quite important but I have no clue what to look for. (The hefty 680 gtx should not blow off anytime the power fluctuates. I am most worried about this.)
If you go for 680 then go for APC1200VA UPS.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers.

I am sorry but stuff like LGA 2011, 3D, 670/680 are not 1L grade stuff, You will need to increase your budget by a huge margin to accomodate all this.

This is what you can buy within 1L

3570k 15k
Asrock Extreme6 Z77 14k
GSkill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS9 7k
Seagate 7200.13 1TB 6k
CM 922 7k
Corsair TX850 V2 7.5k
Logitech G500 3.5k
Keyboard of your choice within 3.5k
UPS APC 1kva+ 5k+
Dell U2311 15k
DVD RW 1k
Coolermaster Evo 212 Plus 2.5k
Speakers 5k
Now let us see how much is left for your graphic card:
5-10k
This is a 1L setup.

So you need to degrade the system in certain areas:, let us see where:
2500k if really required 12k
Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 10k
Same ram 16gb 7k
Same HDD 6k
Cabinet maybe you can save 1-3k by changing the brand and/or model
Monitor you can buy TN panel 60Hz and save 5k
Save 3k on speakers
Save 3k on KB+Mouse
You can't save much anywhere else.

So we have saved another 17k.

Now have about 20-25k for a GPU with the new setup. You can buy a 7870 OC if you compromise in every component of your PC and are ready to spend 1-1.05L.

Else spend around 1.2L and get the above system with a 670.

Thanks for all your replies guys, I am sorry couldn't get back earlier.
@Jakob: Selecting your combo of i7 3770k + Z77 (I switched to these because I thought may be if I wanted to oc, I could), still this setup would save me around 3k compared to my original setup. Also, I checked out the CPU benchmark list for these 2 cpu's and 3770k is way ahead of the 3820. Now my question is, is 3770k this fast with just gaming or 3D applications as well? I have read that LGA 2011 has a better upgrade path since it gives me an option to upgrade to 6 cores if I wanted (please correct me if I am wrong).

Also, since the Ivy Bridge runs hotter than the Sandy Bridge are you sure that an air cooler will suffice? especially If I went ahead and OC'ed it? [may be upto 3.9-4GHz at max]
@Mac.rock7: CPU cooler - Corsair Hydro H60 cooling ~ 4250/- [ No need to go for H100. Because this cooler can give you the performance like H100 and save your money] <-- Just what I needed to hear, I always go for expensive stuff thinking it will be better, end result is ridiculously expensive product, which no one wants! I want to ask you the same question as I asked Jakob [See just above].

If I opt for OC'ing [at max upto 4.0 GHz) will H60 still suffice?

@all: As I mentioned I am building this rig alone for gaming, but I would be using it for CPU intensive tasks like rendering and fluid simulation. So keeping in mind these points can you suggest which one is a better choice? (With both these combos of CPU and motherboard there is a difference of around 3k which isn't really much, which makes it even more confusing :( )

Oh and I should mention that the budget I mentioned is only for essential components and do NOT include monitor, 3D setup, keyboard, speakers pretty much anything that is not inside the cabinet. I have already decided on Dell U2412M which of course has a budget of its own. So for now I am just concentrating on getting all the firepower I can get under the hood and the same time optimize the budget as much as possible. This stuff really gets to me, that is why I turned to experts to help me out with this colossal task! :)

Any extra buck I save above 90k, I will want to that invest in any component (again inside the cabinet!) as necessary.

Now the dilemma remains between the PSU [750W or 850W] and the UPS [800VA or 1kva or 1200va] ?

If I ever wanted to have an extra gfx in SLI (which is quite probable since I'll be sticking to this configuration for a while atleast a year! and with the current gfx for atleast another 2-3 years),
how would that affect the selection of the PSU and the motherboard [Z77 specially] ?

P.S. I checked out the Corsair 600T cabinet. It is ridiculously expensive! I could only find it for 11k and 9.4k. Mac.rock7 can you please tell me where did you quote 8.9k from?). I also looked at some of the alternative NZXT Phantom 410 Black (It is devilishly cool and worthy opponent to consider specially at 6.1k [@theitwares] )

I am sorry for so much juggling between components, but I can't help it I get greedy :( .

Thanks! and sorry again for the lengthy post!

cheers!
skaa

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Small edit: the Z77 i was talking about in the previous post is Gigabyte GA-Z77X

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, since the Ivy Bridge runs hotter than the Sandy Bridge are you sure that an air cooler will suffice? especially If I went ahead and OC'ed it? [may be upto 3.9-4GHz at max] ...........

Now the dilemma remains between the PSU [750W or 850W] and the UPS [800VA or 1kva or 1200va] ? ...................

If I ever wanted to have an extra gfx in SLI (which is quite probable since I'll be sticking to this configuration for a while atleast a year! and with the current gfx for atleast another 2-3 years),

how would that affect the selection of the PSU and the motherboard [Z77 specially] ?

1] Regarding OC - You can safely reach 4 GHz on 212 evo; With Noctua D12 or D14 - you can go to 4.4 GHz

2] Future-proofing : PSU Dilemma 750W or 850W or Selection of the "perfect" Z 77 !
- This will always remain a dilemma, however to play safe go for the Highest possible (& best quality - Gold/Bronze certification with min 80% and above ONLY efficiency wattage PSU), only because - You will never have to bother about adding however much additional peripheral devices down the road like:
(upto 4-6 HDD's large capacity); Multi GPU/SLI; SSD's; HD Capture Cards etc...etc

- Also in Tandem would be the Z77-Motherboard that would be capable of handling all the above comfortably (At least 1-2 PCI-e 3.0; min 6 & above usb 3...... thunderbolt port)

- Lastly, it will always be impossible to get everything we desire within a "budget" - even if it is a generous one .... like for e.g : DDR4 is the next gen of RAM.... BUT nothing that's available today may be able to handle that :annoyed: ....

3] UPS - again you would need a min of 1.2 kva or above for your needs.

and these links may help

Intel Ivy Bridge 3rd Generation Core i7 3770K 3570K Overclocking Guide Tutorial NCIX Tech Tips - YouTube / Intel Ivy Bridge 3570K Max Overclock on Air Cooling - Overclock3D Forums / [Solved] 3570K overclocked to 4.0GHz, Realistic cooling - Cooler-and-Heatsinks - Overclocking / Six $160-220 Z77 Motherboards, Benchmarked And Reviewed : Z77 Express: The Perfect Replacement For Older Machines / AnandTech - Intel Z77 Motherboard Review with Ivy Bridge - ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI

Cheers

I was finally able to decide on these components -

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 [ > 85% efficiency and Bronze certified]
UPS: 1.2Kva
Cooling: CM Hyper Evo 212 [I might buy an additional fan for push-pull. This really helped reducing the cost and the reviews seemed good as well]
plus the remaining components that I posted originally.

I looked into the Mobo reviews posted by terence_fdes, they helped a great deal in finalizing the mobo. Thanks!

I'll decide on the cabinet when I actually buy the system, depends on the budget.

One more doubt I have is: Are there any actual benefits of buying a SSD? Speed Caching and Smart Response all sound good but how effective are they actually? Spending around 8k on a 120GB and gain just a little speed doesn't sound that good.

cheers!

^Most beneficial gain of using an SSD is astounding boot times, plus faster load times of apps on SSD. Keep it as system + necessary apps drive, rest on HDD.

hi bro
cpu:
Intel Core i7 2600k(ur using best graphic crad.i think u don't need i7 3770k)
mobo:
asus maximus V gene----15--18k
gpu:
gtx670,hd7950---25k
rams:
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-G.skill+Ripjaws+X+8GB+%282+x+4GB%29+DDR3+2133MHz+Desktop+RAM+%28F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL%29_C6P11099.html
psu:
http://www.theitwares.com/seasonic-ss850at-850w-bronze-certified-power-supply-p-2204.html
monitor:
New LG 23 Inch TFT Led LCD Monitor 3D LG D2342P Full HD Warranty Fre 3D Glasses | eBay
ssd:
Corsair 60GB Force Series 3 60 GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD | eBay
hdd:
now a days better to buy used---4k to 6k
cooling:
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler | eBay
cabinet:
Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid-Tower Case
keyboard & mouse :
any local made----500/-
game pad:(by using game pad u can play any game in pc)
Logitech F710 Wireless Gaming Gamepad Game pad Company sealed 1 yr warranty | eBay

the price should be around: 1Lak-1lak 10k

sound card: motherboard had good sound card
wifi/bluetooth:1k
before jul 20th if u buy 75k to 1lak in ebay .u can get gift worth of 15k. .if u can sell it.u may save 15k

Back