IMG_20110317_140631.jpg

IMG_20110317_141133.jpg

IMG_20110317_141152.jpg

IMG_20110317_141214.jpg

IMG_20110317_141001.jpg

IMG_20110317_141032.jpg

IMG_20110317_141105.jpg

IMG_20110317_140306.jpg

Setup as it is now, not so well tucked behind my monitor as it waits for a new home
IMG_20110317_200039.jpg

A little incomplete as can be seen. I'm waiting for SSDs to hit $1 to the Gig before biting on a 128Gigger. Also need to get the cabinet and decide on a how I'm going to stuff all of this AND a WC setup into a tiny mATX cube.

For now, I'm waiting for steam to finish downloading Metro 2033. Purchased ages back, not touched till now since I didn't have a machine decent enough for it. No more restrictions like that now :eek:hyeah:

l33t said:
Congrats Mate !

Seems like the old centrino on your G50VT can now take a rest :p
It's served me well :)
1.5 years now.

avinash4 said:
Congrats Bro, Any particular reason for that mATX Mobo.
Coz I plan on stuffing all this into something like the Lian Li PC-V354

Gannu said:
EDIT: Did I read WC? Is that even worthwhile?
Worthwhile in what sense?
I want it for 2 reasons
1. It's Water Cooling.
2. Silence.

Will probably be a bit of a pain to get things set up, but it's doable :)

stalker said:
I want it for 2 reasons

1. It's Water Cooling.

Well yeah I did not mistake it for a water closet either! :p

stalker said:
Worthwhile in what sense?
Does it add to the performance of the system? Which essentially translates to improvement in clocks, bringing down the idle/load temps and noise.

- Improvement in clocks - any average aftermarket cooler can take this SNB chip to 4.4G.

- Bringing down idle/load temps - definitely. But is the delta even comparable to what can be achieved with a decent aftermarket heatsink like the Noctua U12P or the TRUE 120?

- Noise - the rest of your components like the mechanical drives, fans of the GPU/chassis et al are going to add to it. Will the rad be run passively otherwise? A good heatsink paired with a silent fan will be a worthy competitor to an entry level WC setup like the Corsair H50/H70 and the likes.

Not to play spoilsport since it is your moolah after all, but I'd consider these before I'd invest in a WC setup. :)

Good luck with your future upgrades! :D

Gannu said:
Well yeah I did not mistake it for a water closet either! :p

:mad:
I meant it in terms of how I got the Seasonic, even though it was super overkill for my rig :bleh:

Gannu said:
- Noise - the rest of your components like the mechanical drives, fans of the GPU/chassis et al are going to add to it. Will the rad be run passively otherwise? A good heatsink paired with a silent fan will be a worthy competitor to an entry level WC setup like the Corsair H50/H70 and the likes.

Not to play spoilsport since it is your moolah after all, but I'd consider these before I'd invest in a WC setup. :)

Good luck with your future upgrades! :D

I'm super happy with clocks, getting 4.2 without breaking a sweat on stock Intel cooler :p
So that's not an issue.

Don't want to go with H50/70.. While they let you *WC*, it's definitely not going to be anything better than a good air cooler.

I don't intend to put together an entry level WC setup, anyway :)

I'll probably start with a CPU only loop initially and add the GPU in at a later stage. The stock GTX570 is super silent as it is. I start hearing it (when it reaches around 65% fan speed), about an hour into a DoW II session.

My current super ancient 500gigger 7200.12 is the loudest part of my rig currently (at idle) :(

stalker said:
:mad:

I meant it in terms of how I got the Seasonic, even though it was super overkill for my rig :bleh:
No the power supply isn't an overkill. The maximum power draw of your present system is roughly a bit more than half of the rated power of the X750. It works most efficiently now. So it is definitely not an overkill and will last you through your next upgrades. Quite easily. :)

Btw what are the idle and load temperatures using the stock cooler at 4.2G? And the ambient temperatures as well.

stalker said:
Setup as it is now, not so well tucked behind my monitor as it waits for a new home
IMG_20110317_200039.jpg

A little incomplete as can be seen. I'm waiting for SSDs to hit $1 to the Gig before biting on a 128Gigger. Also need to get the cabinet and decide on a how I'm going to stuff all of this AND a WC setup into a tiny mATX cube.

For now, I'm waiting for steam to finish downloading Metro 2033. Purchased ages back, not touched till now since I didn't have a machine decent enough for it. No more restrictions like that now :eek:hyeah:
i saw your ram that u fix it at wrong slot blue and black

u should check the ram to fix in black and black or blue and blue 2 slot separates for running dual channel memory for better performance ;)
cause your are running 2 pair of ram in single channel at mix slot :p

and anyway nice rig cong on update new i5 sandy bridge also pls post some benchmark soon :)

Arun.P said:

u should check the ram to fix in black and black or blue and blue 2 slot separates for running dual channel memory for better performance ;)

and anyway nice rig cong on update new i5 sandy bridge also pls post some benchmark soon :)
Agreed.. Think you did it in your trail setup..and you corrected in your final setup...

stalker said:
Finally managed to get the bulk of it together :D

New Stuff

Seasonic X750 - 129/-

Intel Core i5-2500k - 194/-

Asus P8P67-M Pro - 149/-

Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB 1600MHz - 89/-

Galaxy Geforce GTX570 - 279/-

TP-Link TL-WN722N Wireless Adaptor - 20/-
The proccy is a definite kill for the price.Source ??

Arun.P said:

thunder.dragon said:
Agreed.. Think you did it in your trail setup..and you corrected in your final setup...
I thought so too, until I decided to take a look at the manual that came with the board
iXgPl.png

sarang said:
Congrats bro! Awesome config though i'd still scorn at the choice of mATX. Any particular
reason for the mATX?

Hahaa.. It IS a wee cramped, but it does all that I need from a board and will let me stuff things into a mATX box with a tiny footprint, which is what I wanted out of it.
jerryelvis said:
The proccy is a definite kill for the price.Source ??
I live in the US and all the components are from Newegg.

@everyone else
Thanks!!

Back