PC Peripherals New Ryzen build, no display with Native graphics

I recently purchased new build and my requirement thread is here.
Today i assembled desktop and connected it to new monitor but i was never able to get output to monitor.
I checked all cables for any loose connection,
Gone through Motherboard manual to ensure all connections are correct.
New HDMI cable used that came with monitor, used other spare HDMI cables.

When I power on system, CPU and case fans start working and built-in LED lights of case works.
I used same monitor on old setup and it worked fine.
I tried with VU TV, changed HDMI cable but nothing worked.
I searched online but didnt get specific information related to this issue.
Please can someone help here, My build details are mentioned below

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
RAM: Corsair 8GB 3000
M2 SSD: Samsung 860 evo 250gb
HDD: Purple 4TB
PSU: CM 550 (Temp. arrangement from local dealer until he provides Corsair CX650)
Monitor: Benq 27GW2780
Case: NZXT H440

I got DVI cable but didn't realize earlier that monitor don't have DVI port. I will try DVI to HDMI converter, hope this will work.

Tested with another monitor but found the cable is different (Got DVI-D single link) :(
Dealer sent his spare DVI-D (Dual link) today evening. I will test it when I reach home and update.
He also sent Corsair CX650.[DOUBLEPOST=1557233380][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried new DVI cable today but still no display. I checked all cables and connections but it is not worked.
Please can someone help here.

Last edited:
OK, this is a long shot.

My test system has a old AMD Athlon II X2 250 processor. I faced the same prob. I have a discrete GPU along with the onboard graphics.

If the BIOS 'Initial Display Output' is set to onboard graphics, I get a blank screen if my monitor is connected to the discrete GPU.

Luckily for me I had both, so I connected my monitor to the onboard graphics, went into BIOS and set the Initial Display as PCIX. Then connected the monitor to the discrete GPU and it worked.

AMDBIOS.jpg

Your system may have PCIX as default.

But then again, why has no one else mentioned this ?

EDIT: my mobo is GIGABYTE also.

Last edited:
An update on this issue, It was SMPS who might have caused these issues (might have not provided enough power).
I replaced SMPS with corsair 650, connected system with DVI port and finally got output to monitor.
I changed Display output to onboard graphics and now new monitor works via HDMI.
However it seems the issues are never ending, I am now unable to install windows 10 on M2 SSD.
M2 SSD is detected on BIOS however it is not showing in installer list. This is the only drive connected at the moment. I have enabled fast boot, disabled CMS but nothing works.

How did you create the USB installer? Using something like Rufus or the windows media creation tool? If something like Rufus, then ensure you selected the UEFI+GPT (not MBR) mode of writing the ISO and try installing again?
I used Linux mint's in built tool to create bootable image. I can see UEFI USB drive in boot menu. Do i need to use any other tool like etcher for win10.
I tried Linux mint image some time back but unable to install it as well. I get grub menu for live os and installation but when i select any option, nothing works.

If you can't use Rufus (which is a windows-only thing) then on linux try this "WoeUSB" as a quick google search points to https://itsfoss.com/bootable-windows-usb-linux/ maybe that will make a difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1557486912][/DOUBLEPOST]Also check in BIOS if there is an option which lets you select "AHCI" instead of "Legacy" or anything else in the section where you see the m.2 SSD.

Sometimes I wonder why only large no of ryzen users are going through such this & that issues while Intel users are having a bliss time!
Is something wrong with ryzen platform?

Back