Car & Bike New Small Car Suggestions

Hello guys,

So me and my family currently own two cars. The Chevrolet Optra and the Hyundai Getz. The Optra has served us for almost ten years and we want to sell it/trade it in for another small the car (around the size of the Getz/Jazz).

Which are the good small cars in the market now? We are looking at spending around 5k-6k including the money we get from selling/trading in the car.

I was thinking of the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz. The Brio is good but there seems to be no place in the back.

Thanks,
Crazysah

If you want it go for something from Optra, you might wanna look at Polo..
It offers respectable Leg Room and FE.

Else, even Jazz is good.
If considering Brio, why not the Peppy Small BEAT??

I do not want anything from Chevrolet. Don't like there new cars. And what is FE?

How much is the Polo and Jazz in Delhi? And doesn't Brio have like no space at the back?

you seem misinformed about the brio and its rear space.
i think it has one of the best shoulder space in this segment.the car looks small,but don't let that fool you about its interiors.
jazz is a different hatch altogether,its more of a sedan than an hatchback.not the "small car" you are looking for however.
polo is very very nice and i would personally vote for the top version of the polo.
the best decision however can be taken by you after test driving your car.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Petrol is better than Diesel right? And which one gives more Fuel Efficiency, Polo or Jazz? What are the prize differences in Delhi and can someone tell me about the Brio?

Thanks for the comments guys!
Petrol is better than Diesel right? And which one gives more Fuel Efficiency, Polo or Jazz? What are the prize differences in Delhi and can someone tell me about the Brio?

petrol engines are said to be better than diesel engines but,now i would say the diesel engines are very close to the petrol engines in terms of performance.
they both pretty much give the same fuel efficiency.brio shares the same engine with the jazz,but it caters for a different class in terms of hatchbacks.it is more spacious and to be honest more apt to be a sedan.

If you need car for daily commuting and even if you travel daily 25-30 kms, I would recommend diesel car than a petrol one. Petrol one surely has better refinement than a diesel counterpart but spending on fuel would drastically comes down with diesel. Also diesel engine provide better torque than a petrol car. If you are going to drive in city and need space, consider getting a Etios Liva.

I went to look at both of them yesterday. Polo looks nice and they give discount too. Jazz looks much better and has more legroom in the backseats but no discount. Jazz is about 40k more expensive. Also, Jazz car wasn't available for test drive. Polo is coming on Thursday.

If you buy a petrol polo, get the 1.6. Surprisingly it gives better mileage than the 1.2 :p.

Jazz is way too sluggish for the 1.2. It needs a 1.5.

i guess the diesel release for the jazz and brio would be in tandem.

one of my friend is eagerly awaiting the brio diesel,the only thing i am worried about is how honda price the jazz diesel.heck i reckon it do be a tad bit higher than the dzire and the last thing you want to compete with is a maruti budget offering no matter how crap it is!

If driving pleasure is high on your list....go for the brio
If by 'no space in rear' you mean in the boot..i agree, boot is smaller compared to jazz...rear and fron passenger space is good.
jazz is definitely more practical and spacious...but brio is one hell of a hot hatch...
i did 150+ on my new brio few days back....stable as a rock (and quiet like one too)....plus cornering on lonavala ghats, awesome

Back