New software

I see a lot of new software popping up for Linx, but very few for Windows. I agree that Windows still has an abundant collection of software, but Linux seems to get all the developer attention.

I mean, I haven't seen a single new, important Windows software last year.

what type of software?

linux does not get all the developer attention. lot of good stuff like graphics design software, hdd testing software, hdd cloning software, majority of games, drivers etc are all linux.
in fact if driver software was made available to linux community by hardware developers then people would't be having a tough time at all. even hardware is made with windows as base so i don't know why you're saying windows didn't get anything new.

EagleGet is the last ground breaking freeware I had on Windows. That was from Windows 7 days. I agree there is a surge of Chinese software for Windows as in EaseUS, Wondershare etc. Also, something new I saw was TS 360 anti virus.

If you see Linux blogs, there is always something new they post about. For Windows, blogs kind of died down. It's most official Windows blog that is any good read at all.

If you see Linux blogs, there is always something new they post about. For Windows, blogs kind of died down. It's most official Windows blog that is any good read at all.
Please elaborate which software do you think is for linux but not for windows.
Windows has both userbase and money for developers.

Please elaborate which software do you think is for linux but not for windows.

I am trying to say a different thing. There are a few Linux blogs, but none for Windows. I mean, other than those Fall Update, Feature update, there is nothing about Windows to talk about. There use to be awesome new software coming everyday like TeraCopy, Ccleaner, IDM and the likes of it. If you skip TS 360 AV, I haven't seen any new additions to Windows software list lately.

I personally use to visit like10 different sites to know about new software. There are new app and games for Android coming everyday. That developer enthusiasm is missing in Windows, if you ask me.[DOUBLEPOST=1516552815][/DOUBLEPOST]
Windows has both userbase and money for developers.

Certainly. Still, it is more stagnant if you see developer enthusiasm for Android and Linux

If you see the list by filehippo, it shows VLC, Recuva, AVG Free, WinRar, Google Chrome etc. Precisely what I am trying to say. No such software in recent times.

Screenshot-2018-1-23 FileHippo com - Download Free Software.png

Back