Laptops New sony laptop running very slow !!

My friend bought the new Sony e series laptop (the one with 5650 card).
Now this laptop has 4 gb ram but it seems to be running very slowly.The startup is slow and also when i try to open more than one software then it takes time to load.

Now i tried to load couple of games and the setup ran very slowly!!!First i tried doom 3 and it took close to 15 minutes for the setup to complete.Same with fifa08.

This is the first time im using a laptop but my desktop with 2 gb ram and dual core does multi-tasking much more quickly!!
Also games like assasin's creed and cod5 work properly but games like fifa08 doesnt run smoothly !!!

I also ran few HD movies which sometimes play nicely but sometimes stutters.I have to restart the laptop everytime it starts to run slowly.
The laptop is only 2-3 days old and only a few softwares are installed.
So what should i do ???

Probably due to the bloatware. But, I got the 5470 lappy and there are no such issues with it. Did you get installation disks with your laptop?

Sei said:
Probably due to the bloatware. But, I got the 5470 lappy and there are no such issues with it. Did you get installation disks with your laptop?

So any way to remove the bloatware??

No there were no installation disks with the laptops the dealer had told to make recovery disks.Do you think a fresh installation is needed??

Also should i use any softwares to benchmark the system ??

PS : another thing i noticed is even after a restart the laptop shows 1.2gb of memory being used,while i haven't even started working or opened anything.

my dads 80k Sony had the same problem...installation takes 2 hrs...Even SP3 took 8 hrs..lol.

I checked using everest software...the processor was underclocking itself

forum67 said:
my dads 80k Sony had the same problem...installation takes 2 hrs...Even SP3 took 8 hrs..lol.

I checked using everest software...the processor was underclocking itself

Disable power saving mode.

@OP, can you post list of processes running your E series laptop?

Why not boot a Linux LiveUSB stick and play around with that (it wont touch your system) and you can check if any issues there.... if it STILL is slow then it points to hardware issue like failing HDD or GPU...

These are the screenshots taken just after i switched on the laptop.

[attachment=5158:9775.attach]

Attachments

• System1.jpg
    System1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 115
  • system2.jpg
    system2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 112
my 2 cents.

update all drivers - especially the video driver. install and run spybot search and destroy for well, any spybots.

your svchost.exe is hogging up all the RAM so pinpointing the cause won't be easy, i dont suspect a hardware problem - however i'm no expert in these fields.

it should help if you go to administrative tools, services and disable indexing.

Hi lazy

iam also planning to buy same sony lappy

how much did it costs and where did u bought?
can u able to run Gta 4 ?
and can u please give me the full review .............

Back