FS: Mobile New Sprint LG G2 32 GB LS980 WHITE/Black (GSM/CDMA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....which version was it on. Asking so that we can be careful. Although, I never take an OTA on any phone, but still it will be good to know how to avoid this issue.

People who are rooted and are on 4.2.2 are getting OTA update.
First, if you are rooted, you should not take the OTA.
Second, if by mistake, you take it, then flash the phone with the tot file. It will remove all your data and bring the phone to factory status.

People who are rooted and are on 4.2.2 are getting OTA update.
First, if you are rooted, you should not take the OTA.
Second, if by mistake, you take it, then flash the phone with the tot file. It will remove all your data and bring the phone to factory status.

Tot didn't work for me. I tried it before applying that Linux commands

You must have missed up something, G2 does not get bricked that easily.

Idk I had followed the steps properly.
G2 gets BRICKED the most if u see xda-dev forum lots of members are facing such problems. Few gets solved

That's not true at all, I have taken OTA on all my rooted G2 LS980 and never have any brick device yet...

Idk I had followed the steps properly.
G2 gets BRICKED the most if u see xda-dev forum lots of members are facing such problems. Few gets solved
Thats not true. Just taking OTA does not brick it, as mentioned earlier, flashing tot can solve the issue. Anyways, you must be more aware about what exactly happened with your phone.
Hope someone more knowledgeable can revive it. Best of luck.

That's not true at all, I have taken OTA on all my rooted G2 LS980 and never have any brick device yet...
May be you are lucky. I came to know one thing after searching and reading all queries on xda-dev that never accept OTA update on rooted G2.[DOUBLEPOST=1402228738][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thats not true. Just taking OTA does not brick it, as mentioned earlier, flashing tot can solve the issue. Anyways, you must be more aware about what exactly happened with your phone.
Hope someone more knowledgeable can revive it. Best of luck.

Planning to send it back for RMA. lets hope it gets solved

Buddy, b4 doing that pls show it to someone. Its is possible to unbrick g2 via tot method and not difficult as well. U must know what version u were on before. The tot files are around 3gb in size.

Buddy, b4 doing that pls show it to someone. Its is possible to unbrick g2 via tot method and not difficult as well. U must know what version u were on before. The tot files are around 3gb in size.
For tot to work, it should go to download mode which is not happening right now.

For tot to work, it should go to download mode which is not happening right now.
Yes it is not going on download mode. I have downloaded tot file and lg flash tool but the phone was not even getting on download mode, the very first thing I tried after the phone got brick was this only. At that time I use to see LG logo but later after few hrs the phone was like dead. Its not getting charge, when I connect to PC its saying USB not recognized.[DOUBLEPOST=1402229602][/DOUBLEPOST]

Phones need an os to charge the batter. This was the case with one of my moto. N since the battery died u can not go into download mode. Can be a possibility. If so is the case u can take another batter and put it in n try for download mode it should come. But the problem is non removable battery. Do u see lg logo when u try to start the phone or does it not even start now?

Phones need an os to charge the batter. This was the case with one of my moto. N since the battery died u can not go into download mode. Can be a possibility. If so is the case u can take another batter and put it in n try for download mode it should come. But the problem is non removable battery. Do u see lg logo when u try to start the phone or does it not even start now?
No nothing. Its like complete DEAD. :(

Try LG India Service (paid ofcourse)/ other local service center first, before JTAG.
You probably got your radio versions mixed up. Savoca had made a very clear thread on LG G2 OTAs/ROMs and radios. Worse come worse (absolute worst scenario), import a damaged G2 and replace the motherboard. 99.99% it will get solved easily, locally.

Most Important : relax :) & keep reading/ask for help on XDA.

Try LG India Service (paid ofcourse)/ other local service center first, before JTAG.
You probably got your radio versions mixed up. Savoca had made a very clear thread on LG G2 OTAs/ROMs and radios. Worse come worse (absolute worst scenario), import a damaged G2 and replace the motherboard. 99.99% it will get solved easily, locally.

Most Important : relax :) & keep reading/ask for help on XDA.

local LG is not able to repair it. They are not accepting it as it is Sprint model. So i am taking the phone for JTAG tomorrow and if this doesnt work then i'll send it to LG USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back