FS: Mobile New Sprint LG G2 32 GB LS980 WHITE/Black (GSM/CDMA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afaik seller should warn buyers about updates and stuff. Some ppl are facing touch screen issues if updated to KK. wonder if n1tesh knew about the perils OF updating etc.,

Afaik seller should warn buyers about updates and stuff. Some ppl are facing touch screen issues if updated to KK. wonder if n1tesh knew about the perils OF updating etc.,

I sort have a mixed view point here. It is anyways not advisable to update/ota any android phone when u r rooted. I have myself done so many bricks n revived. But, if someone is rooting a phone, It should also be noted that almost all threads of g2 have mentions of rooting & ota not going good. Not blaming n1tesh here but we need to take onus before doing such modifications and read all threads carefully. I hope n1tesh gets this resolved asap. If nothing works, try Manish market or indraprasth outside borivali station.

I sort have a mixed view point here. It is anyways not advisable to update/ota any android phone when u r rooted. I have myself done so many bricks n revived. But, if someone is rooting a phone, It should also be noted that almost all threads of g2 have mentions of rooting & ota not going good. Not blaming n1tesh here but we need to take onus before doing such modifications and read all threads carefully. I hope n1tesh gets this resolved asap. If nothing works, try Manish market or indraprasth outside borivali station.

It was already rooted phone when I got. And had OTA update downloaded. prateeks told me later that he rooted it

I agree with dipesh. But each one to his own. I for one always inform my buyers, and i have sold over 30 handsets, touchwood, no issues so far. Execpt my sons personal lg g2 handset faced some touchscreen issues and lg usa gladly accepted to repair / replace it.

Tell me how did you send it to them.
Even if they agree to change motherboard in paid service, it will solve my problem.
And I doubt it is BAD ESN, will it be a problem ?

Tell me how did you send it to them.
Even if they agree to change motherboard in paid service, it will solve my problem.
And I doubt it is BAD ESN, will it be a problem ?
You can check the ESN status online, and IMO if its BAD ESN it will be a problem as it will be probably marked as stolen phone.

I also got the OTA downloaded notification on my G2 but I never installed it, I cleared data on "google services framework", restricted background data from " google services framework" and then unticked the "Notification alert" tick from it.

Last edited:
Sprint will not rma the phone so there is no point checking esn and stuff. Just tell lg usa it stopped working after ota. Don't disclose rooted, bad esn, flashed etc.

I contacted him but he had no idea about all this.

I did tell you the phone was rooted.

OTA update was not installed.It was still on 4.2.2.[DOUBLEPOST=1402302068][/DOUBLEPOST]
The seller is totally silent in this whole topic.
Also As the buyer informed earlier, seller has no idea about the whole thing

Should i come online every minute to reply to your posts?

Its my fault now ?

I have been in contact with nitesh via pm , you can keep your stupid assumptions to yourself please.And please get off my thread.Dont need you here.Coming along to pick a fight on every day trying to do "community" service.

I did tell you the phone was rooted.

OTA update was not installed.It was still on 4.2.2.

Yes you told me after I tried rooting and then saw it was already rooted then you told me when I asked.
BTW i was talking about the brick. You said you have no idea about it when I called.[DOUBLEPOST=1402302246][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not necessary to know what version u wr before. Can flash ant tot. I suggest u zv8. Its the best. Spoke to @n1tesh. He said hes sending back mostly.
Yes. Waiting for LG to reply then i'll ship it to them. Thnx for guidance

Yes you told me after I tried rooting and then saw it was already rooted then you told me when I asked.
BTW i was talking about the brick. You said you have no idea about it when I called.

You told me you updated it.Then you said it was working even after update. Then you said suddenly it stopped working.

Werent these the exact words?

If the phone was working after the update , how would i guess that it is indeed the update that bricked the phone?

Thats why i said no idea.

Not necessary to know what version u wr before. Can flash ant tot. I suggest u zv8. Its the best. Spoke to @n1tesh. He said hes sending back mostly.

Even I had a long chat with him last evening. n1tesh try changing with a fully charged battery and do a tot then. Most probably the phone has lost charge over night and it can not be charged without a proper os that's y it us not charging. Give it a try. If it works u will easily save a lot of monies. Or just get Ur battery charged via jumper mode and see if it works. That won't cost u much as well.

You told me you updated it.Then you said it was working even after update. Then you said suddenly it stopped working.

Werent these the exact words?

If the phone was working after the update , how would i guess that it is indeed the update that bricked the phone?
The phone got bricked and went into Certification error when it got updated. I dont think i said it was working after updating.

The phone got bricked and went into Certification error when it got updated. I dont think i said it was working after updating.

No i remember you saying ,that you updated it left it overnight.was working too in the morning.

Then you did a restart , and the phone stopped working.

Come on man , dont change your words now.

No i remember you saying ,that you updated it left it overnight.was working too in the morning.

Then you did a restart , and the phone stopped working.

Come on man , dont change your words now.
No i said it had OTA already downloaded and some usage on phone which i PMed you.
In morning OTA got installed and then when phone reboots after the OTA it went into certification error

But prateekS as a seller u should have cautioned him about not taking OTAs on rooted phones. It is buyers fault also. If someone searched of g2 rooting and gsm unlocking he must and must have surely read on the ota part as well. Same goes for buyer.

Mate ... how am i to know ,that a person (any person) will take an OTA on a rooted phone.People generally use custom roms...never the stock one..or a de-bloated version of stock...

This is not the first phone i have sold either @chetansha ...

I thought since nitesh has been using imported phones since a while , he would know...

Agreed, that is y I said it is buyers equal responsibility. But the truth is that this phone is very notorious on root and Ota. So all the ones that I have sold I have disabled the app from app info and informed about the ota thing. May b it's a learning for us all who are importing and selling phones. BTW, the gsm unlock can also be done on kitkat firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back