New ssd need 512gb or 1tb

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Guys I already have a zotac 240gb ssd in my laptop but it's out of space now. Need to upgrade for the same reason. Please suggest me what can I go for in 512gb and 1tb ssd.

Thank you.

Whats your budget?

I am guessing you're looking at SATA SSD and not nvme/mSATA?

From my personal experience I would go with Samsung as the 840 Evo SSD 120 GB which I am using in my file server is still working to this day without any issues.

Right now you can get the 860 Evo SATA which would be pretty good for your usage.

I think it's around 13-14k and Samsung 860qvo is for around 11k both for 1tb. Ii wonder if the prices are going to go more down in few months or should I buy it now. As I am thing of a ryzen 3rd gen based pc is not future [emoji4]

Still how much of a real like difference do Evo and QVO makes is a real question I suppose.

I think it's around 13-14k and Samsung 860qvo is for around 11k both for 1tb. Ii wonder if the prices are going to go more down in few months or should I buy it now. As I am thing of a ryzen 3rd gen based pc is not future [emoji4]

Still how much of a real like difference do Evo and QVO makes is a real question I suppose.

To me, its more of an issue with regards to the TBW.

Adata and curcial also have ssd below 12k in terms of 1tb size [emoji848] this is so confusing [emoji28]

Source :
https://www.onlyssd.com
You can go with Crucial or 860 Evo.

I have no experience of any user feedback regarding adata.

The Qvo is slower with QLC NAND compared to the Evo. Only reason to keep an eye on the Qvo is that the capacities may go up with lower $/GB with this QLC approach but it is a tiny bit slower than the TLC NAND based 860 Evo.

You can go with Crucial or 860 Evo.

I have no experience of any user feedback regarding adata.

The Qvo is slower with QLC NAND compared to the Evo. Only reason to keep an eye on the Qvo is that the capacities may go up with lower $/GB with this QLC approach but it is a tiny bit slower than the TLC NAND based 860 Evo.
Cruical mx500 1tb is equivalent to samsung Evo 860 1tb ?

Cruical mx500 1tb is equivalent to samsung Evo 860 1tb ?

If you're asking about equivalency of storage size between crucial and Samsung then they are identical in storage size. Moreover, you can grab crucial 1tb for 11K and evo860 for 14.75K for the best price as of now. I'll recommend saving some money and opting for crucial as a tiny bit difference between crucial and evo in terms of speed won't make any difference in the real world performance.

From personal usage I would vouch for Samsung with SSDs working since 2013.
Speed difference is not much of a concern here.
I haven't heard much of a negative feedback regarding Crucial. Pick and choose any and you would be okay. Your laptop is liable to die faster than the SSD. :)

Back