New Tv Suggestion (Important)

RockRules

Recruit
1. Budget.
45k to 50k

2. Viewing distance.
6 to 10ft or more

3.Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
DTH yes planning to hook up console PS or XBox

4.Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LED IPS panel (Looking for good viewing angles)

5.Preference for brands.
LG,Panasonic,Sony,Toshiba any others pls recommend

6.Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
NO

7.Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
regular room normal lighting

8.Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

3D support would be good. Need 3 or more HDMI ports USB X2 Should play all video formats! Smart OS or Android OS.. OKay with them..

today went and saw these models in the showroom..
Panasonic
https://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer/tv/led-lcd-tv/th-43ds630d.html
i liked the super bright panel viewing angle is good...
but its looking bit overpowered (the display is bright as they mention) I might get used to it..

LG
http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43LF6310
Colors look good (rich) but side viewing angle is not good as panny.

Samsung
http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/tv-av/tv/full-hd/UA48J5300ARLXL
Mom liked this one. Sony needs SW updating everyweek so dropped android models, i dont want a tv which requires frequent updates... am i missing any other models! plz help me decide..

@RockRules i think sometimes the showrooms pre-set brightness/contrast/picture settings to favour one brand over another (maybe they get better commissions from particular brand) so see if you can get the showroom people to adjust the picture quality settings to your liking (even things like "noise reduction" which might blur some images a bit) and then check the models again?

LOL - excuses to avoid changing the settings :D

TataSky standard DTH set top box *should* work with these TVs - just check the connectors on the STB and the TVs you are interested in to see if they support - ususally they do (if no HDMI available then they have the standard RCA/component connectors supported).

"Will picture quality reduce" - well - you will get standard "low definition/low resolution" TV quality visuals even on Full HD TV of course... TV cannot magically improve the "standard" definition video quality - even with so called "upscaling".

In this day and age, since you are getting a new TV, get a "Full HD" 1920x1080p resolution TV and also get/upgrade TataSky to HD box and subscriber to HD channels :D (just my opinion) not to mention getting gaming consoles better to be "full HD" ready.

I purchased LG 43LF6300 previous year and its very good. Even though I don't feel free with webOS I like it very much, it inutitive and very usable unlike other cumbersome Tv OS. Expandability is little when it comes to apps but LG has covered basic apps like Youtube, Netflix and what not .Lg has recently promised WebOS update on the likes of 3.0 not sure when it'll come.

Tv is pretty responsive and has multiple HDMI, USB ports which provide enough leeway to stretch you legs. As far as picture quality goes its very good, colours are vibrant and vivid and viewing angles (also depends on the lightning of the room) are very good unlike what you said. I sit at around anywhere b/w 10-20ft from the TV. Heck I can even read text from the next room which should be in excess of 20ft. The screen is reflective maybe thats why you noticed disparity in viewing angle, showrooms are often overly lit.

The biggest + is the smart features and ability to sync up any device, control via android remote app. You can mirror your phone, sync up network storage, apps and multitude of other settings. The TV will upscale SD content if you plan on using SD DTH but it doesn't make sense to spend so much for SD. HD content shine in this TV especially BD movies. Though I seldom use these features, I use TV very less :p.There are no ghosting or lag whatsoever in games, sports or any other fast moving object. I have played Witcher 3 on it and I enjoyed it much more than on my PC. There are multiple viewing/picture modes and all comes with its own settings, unlike you, my local dealer let me tinker around with the tv as much I wanted :p

Just make sure to buy it locally if you plan on getting it, LG has some weird policy that they don't entertain installation (free) and accessories (wall mount) if you order online. Aside from that TV is fine, audio is loud and clear from normal viewing perspective and power consumption is pretty controlled as well (I think its 85W). Magic remote is bliss!

using a VU TV past 3 years, and it has served well. the picture quality is descent enough. The only issue i have is lack of good quality inbuilt speakers, But that i guess is an issue with most of the TV's! Good luck for your purchase!

Back