Newegg Shipping to India

vbhoj74

Disciple
Maybe it is an old news here,

I'm building/upgrading my PC for general home use and bought these components in last 5 days:

1. Mushkin DDR3 1600 8x2 16gb RAM - Rs 8,250/- shipped.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

10% off with coupon: EMCAKAW22
I got this billed in INR usnig Newegg.

2. SSD Cruci|CT240M500SSD1 - $99 shipped
Received shipment without any duties and in 5 days flat.

That's a sweet deal on the crucial ssd, but I'm sure most people are aware of that certain components don't carry duty (same on Amazon)

But if you add a GPU to your cart, You can see that there is a hefty customs duty you have to pay, (7k for a gtx970) which becomes more expensive then local prices after taxes and shipping

My main concern is warranty, I think the turnaround time for a replacement or RMA would be too long and probably cost something.

code is expired any other promo codes available ?

code expired i think as it was valid till 8/1/15. But SSD deal still is on, today is the last though

SSD is @ $ 85 now, which is a good deal too..

I bought it at $79.99 + $18.87 as shipping & taxes = $98.86

I tried to buy some other RAM before, but it showed $45 as duties, but this one came with $19 as shipping+duties (same as SSD)

EDIT: SSD link here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148694[DOUBLEPOST=1420799893][/DOUBLEPOST]Prices are almost double here, I do not mind buying again if these goes kaput.

However, my SSD order page shows an option of extended warranty (I'm thinking if I should go for it):
Nqn6hH4.jpg

Last edited:
Their return policy makes me uneasy :wideyed:

International Order Return Policy
  • Return for refund: 15 days

• Return for replacement within: 15 days

• Restocking fee: Yes
Defective or damaged products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's International Return Policy" must have an RMA issued by Newegg within 15 days from the delivery date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a refund or replacement. In the event a product is returned that is not defective, the product will either be returned to the customer or the return shipping cost initially covered by Newegg will be instead be deducted from the refund amount along with any necessary restocking fee that may apply. To file an RMA, please contact Newegg customer service via email or live chat.

Interestingly, I checked out this site during Black Friday deals. When India is selected, the page said "out of stock", when US is selected, "max 5 pieces per order"! This was for a 2TB Seagate portable hdd.

Interestingly, I checked out this site during Black Friday deals. When India is selected, the page said "out of stock", when US is selected, "max 5 pieces per order"! This was for a 2TB Seagate portable hdd.

A lot of deals and rebates on many sites were applicable to us residents and addresses only

Maybe it is an old news here,

I'm building/upgrading my PC for general home use and bought these components in last 5 days:

1. Mushkin DDR3 1600 8x2 16gb RAM - Rs 8,250/- shipped.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

10% off with coupon: EMCAKAW22
I got this billed in INR usnig Newegg.

2. SSD Cruci|CT240M500SSD1 - $99 shipped
Received shipment without any duties and in 5 days flat.
That's pretty cool bro. I'm in the process of building a new computer based on X99 MOBO and was thinking of ordering DDR4 RAM from newegg since it's double the price here. How much duties\customs i would end up paying for a 13000 INR purchase, which includes shipping?

Thanks for the response, mate. You're right.

It seems there's not enough margin when it comes to GPU (GTX-980) and CPU (5820K), better to buy from India. On DDR4 RAM though i'm saving 5000, so definitely gonna buy from newegg.

any idea about warranty? i'm also planning to get an ssd. if the a company has a domestic warranty service will it apply on non-domestic purchases? e.g. a samsung 850 evo?

Only things worth importing from egg is DDR4 and ultra high end x99 mobos. Rest doesn't make sense.
Exactly! I might purchase an ASUS MOBO (supporting USB 3.1) from newegg as well and save a little more and if there's anything wrong in that then I can always RMA from it since ASUS has international warranty. :)

Exactly! I might purchase an ASUS MOBO (supporting USB 3.1) from newegg as well and save a little more and if there's anything wrong in that then I can always RMA from it since ASUS has international warranty. :)

Are you sure about asus international warranty on motherboards, can you give any link which confirm it?
They give international warranty only on laptops.

Are you sure about asus international warranty on motherboards, can you give any link which confirm it?
They give international warranty only on laptops.
You're right, they offer only local warranty on G.cards and mobos. But last year I RMAed my graphics card (ASUS R9-280x-DC2T) which was registered on ASUS.com and they told me someone from India would contact me shortly on my personal E-Mail address when I opened a support page for my purchased product.

Registration of the product displays the warranty info etc within my ASUS account. She asked me what was the problem etc and I explained her and convinced her that I'm from computer background and if i say it's a faulty piece of shit then, it probably is lol. So she told me that it's a carry-in warranty type thing and I would have to go to Nehru place and drop the card there for replacement.

I went there and they took the card and told me that they would phone me when the new card arrives. No one asked me for my Invoice or anything even though I told them "Don't you need to see my Invoice?" and he flat out told me it's not needed\irrelevant since he can already see that it's covered under warranty.

Back