Newman N2 is a $240 Galaxy S3 alternative with quad-core CPU, 13 MP cam and 720p scre

I ordered it from Merimobiles.com. Free shipping via registered mail.
Customs will be calculated when it reaches India. But it is a gift so hopefully they will not send it to customs.

Customs will be calculated when it reaches India. But it is a gift so hopefully they will not send it to customs.

So you have asked them to mark it as gift is it...
Also is there any one like ppobox available in china :p

It looks 'horrible' and gives the cheap feeling of owning a china phone.

- - - Updated - - -

If its sent by regular post, chances of getting in customs is less.
If sent via EMS, chances of getting in customs is very high

Not trying to scare you, but that is how it works, assuming its box packed (even if its sent by regular post, it could be sent to customs as its pretty big box which won't miss the prying eyes of those lumps)

If the seller has shown wrong amount like 10-20 dollars on the customs declaration, you won't be charged regular duty (which is 2 percent or something), but penalty duty for wrong declaration, unless you wish to settle it under the table.

Keep tracking the status of the package on india post site, if its in customs it'll show as 'sent to customs' in the tracking and you may get a letter at your place telling you to visit the customs office because you dared to import from china, upsets PM Manmohan Singh and gives nausea to Sonia Gandhi and bla bla (in short, come to us and feed us so we can release the stuff), if you need any assistance for customs query, don't hesitate to ask :). I don't know anyone in the customs but know how they release your stuff.

At 250$ you can't except HTC level build quality...
Still it's a great mobile..

Am not talking of build quality mate (never said they need to use unobtanium, adamantium or titanium grade metals for the phone), am talking about the looks and design, looks like a typical china maal ;)

It looks 'horrible' and gives the cheap feeling of owning a china phone.

- - - Updated - - -

If its sent by regular post, chances of getting in customs is less.
If sent via EMS, chances of getting in customs is very high

Not trying to scare you, but that is how it works, assuming its box packed (even if its sent by regular post, it could be sent to customs as its pretty big box which won't miss the prying eyes of those lumps)

If the seller has shown wrong amount like 10-20 dollars on the customs declaration, you won't be charged regular duty (which is 2 percent or something), but penalty duty for wrong declaration, unless you wish to settle it under the table.

Keep tracking the status of the package on india post site, if its in customs it'll show as 'sent to customs' in the tracking and you may get a letter at your place telling you to visit the customs office because you dared to import from china, upsets PM Manmohan Singh and gives nausea to Sonia Gandhi and bla bla (in short, come to us and feed us so we can release the stuff), if you need any assistance for customs query, don't hesitate to ask :). I don't know anyone in the customs but know how they release your stuff.

Thanks btw, I cancelled my pre-order(chickened out!) too much to pay for and no way to tell how good it is. :p
I have previously ordered from China, So I know the drill( made mistake of ordering with EMS..)

I am thinking about getting Motorola Atrix 2 now :23:

The phone looks great! and the review is pretty positive. why did you cancel your order? I don't think you can get anything better for $249.

I have a china phone now and I dropped it once (pretty hard though..) and the screen is malfunctioning No one is willing to fix it, although that phone has Gorrila glass, I can't take risk.

As I said, chickened out. May be next year when it is out and the review are out I will grab it. Also the price I paid was 299 USD.

Back