Nexus 4 official: Android 4.2, Snapdragon S4 Pro, 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 display

Its designing is by Google only the hardware manufacturing is done by LG , and it shows also just compare the optimus G with nex4 the design is in a entirely different field ,the back glass plate looks cool .

I will wait for Google to update the 16 GB to $299 and introduce a 32 GB at $349

Should take 4-6 months for that and it to be available on eBay and GO and all. Excellent value then.

On the other hand, Huawei Honor 2 to release for $300. It would make utter sense around $250 (compared to the Nexus 4)

But its happening in tests like browsermark and sunspider as well which presumably, have little to do with the software version.

It's laughable how bad some of these tech reviewers are. They are too self-centered to understand the market, and worse still, they accuse Google of not understanding.

Google does. Google knows perfectly well that there are billions of users worldwide looking for a high end smartphone at a killer price. Google knows perfectly well that there's a planet outside of United States. A planet dominated by unlocked phones. For 95% of these people LTE is not even an option and for the rest under a $300 budget it is low on the priority list.

All that said, there would probably be an LTE option some time in the future.

I will wait for Google to update the 16 GB to $299 and introduce a 32 GB at $349
Should take 4-6 months for that and it to be available on eBay and GO and all. Excellent value then.
On the other hand, Huawei Honor 2 to release for $300. It would make utter sense around $250 (compared to the Nexus 4)
Exactly my thoughts on Nex4 but are you sure (means are there any such news) that Google will launch a 32gb version for this and there'll no major custom ROM support for HH2 as it has its own chipset

Sub
, beautifully put together
I still don't understand why no expandable memory. (I think google says customer gets confused by having external memory)

Google is following Apples way to steel money from your pocket does 8gb mem cost 50 $ ? its 2012
What about the Quad Core S4 Pro SoC + 2GB RAM + 720p IPS+ Display + Dual Gorrilla Glass .. Just those things definetly add up to about $400 in the market atleast.

The Nexus were never meant to be a mainstream phone .. if you consider the history. Google has definetly subsidized the Nexus 4 by selling it at $300 .. just like they did with the Nexus 7 .. Google didnt make any profits (Supposedly)

I would rather buy it now and enjoy it for 6 more months :) And then there is always USB OTG.

As for huawei - can't compare it with a nexus!

Google is not making loss for this phone people, they just lowered the margin a lot. Even the 16GB iPhone's BOM is < $200. Google just proved that it is possible to sell high end phones at reasonable price. The highest end S4 quad core chips costs < $50.

Any word on the retail availablity of this in the US? My friend is willing to get one for me when he comes down here next month. Would there be any issues with the Customs?

you dint get my point , 8gb version is 299$ and 16 gb version is 349$ , do you think the additional 8gb mem costs 50$ ?

Look at the pricing. It is very good. Like the nexus 7 google might be selling the nexus 4 8gb at no profit. So the difference is justified. They deserve a little premium on the high capacity model or how will they survive in the market.

Back