Android Nexus 4 Wifi Not Detecting

Just got my Nexus 4 and it is not detecting any wifi networks . My other devices can connect to the network but Nexus cannot even detect the network . Other wifi apps are showing the network but still cannot connecting to the network . Any solutions?

wifi cert for the model LG-E960 says wifi direct is present therefore the nexus 4 should work with ad-hoc networks. Interestingly NONE of the nokia lumias has wifi direct, so i wonder if anyone got their lumias to work with an ad-hoc wifi network.

Download inssider from the playstore and see whether it can detect a wifi network. though if you see no networks under settings-> wifi in android, it won't make a difference.

If not, then there is a problem with wifi in your nexus 4.

i have downloaded other Wifi apps and they can detect the network but cannot connect to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1374072647][/DOUBLEPOST]
Screenshot_2013_07_17_20_17_01.png
Screenshot_2013_07_17_20_16_33.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1374072996][/DOUBLEPOST]I did root the phone so using a Custom ROM will solve the problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1374073196][/DOUBLEPOST]Can it connect to a Router atleast ? . I'll buy it if that solves the problem .

Android connects to AP's but not ad-hoc. But it can be tricked. Therefore its down to the desktop being able to pull this off. Windows 7 can do it.

You said you are on ubuntu so look for some software that can create a hotspot and you should be good. Andorid thinks its connected to an AP :)

What hotspot software are you running on ubuntu ?

Ah! the reason you are unable to create a hotspot is because the network adapter in your laptop does not have master mode. See this post.

So when you ran the script it doe snot show AP support ?

This limits the ability of any device regardless of OS from creating a hotspot :)

I tried a ready made script by a blogger and it says my network adapter does not support it so getting a DSL router is the final option for me

Well if Nexus 4 is in the same room or one room away, get anything you want. Asus N13 is popular here because its got good range and alternative firmware support. Just get a normal modem and use that with it.

Otherwise if you want modem-router then the tp-link w8961 will do the job for under Rs.2k. The for sale section might have some offers for even cheaper.

Back