Less than 10K Nice feature phone around 5-6 K......

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 0-6 K.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Cant really ask for much in this kind of budget,but recommend the best I can get for my moniessss.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Does not matter,android would be preferable, though I am willing to buy any other too[symbian].

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I am leaning towards nokia's budget feature phones, but I do not really have any brand preference, so suggest anything that seems perfect to you guys.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim absolutely compulsory.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB,phone built should be sturdy and durable.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Nokia 216 :- http://www.amazon.in/Nokia-216-Grey...ture phones&qid=1500554625&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2 .

P.S. If you think I can get a good smartphone in lets say 6-7K[just don't recommend redmi 4A], you are more than welcome to present your suggestions ;)

Thanks for your recommendation, although I mentioned above that I don't want you guys to mention the redmi 4a....that is only because it makes no sense to buy a INR 5999 redmi 4a when a slightly better processor is available in the INR 6999 variant of redmi 4. In that 5-7 k price range,I think no other smartphone maker beats redmi. So,guys just recommend me a feature phone which is the best in the 0-6 K category,if I don't think the feature phones are that worth it, I may just go for redmi 4 then(I am buying this for my pa,cause it is high time he got used to a smartphone :p )

I will go with your advice,now I just have to hope I can bag this smartphone during the weekly flash sales that go on amazon.Fingers crossed ;)
Well, that's going to be tough. 2GB model seems most popular with it going OOS first or may be it is with least quantities. You get opportunities, one on Tuesday in their regular flash sale on MI website and Amazon, other in pre-order sale on Friday at MI website.

Well, that's going to be tough. 2GB model seems most popular with it going OOS first or may be it is with least quantities. You get opportunities, one on Tuesday in their regular flash sale on MI website and Amazon, other in pre-order sale on Friday at MI website.
Hi, I'm looking to buy this (or Note 4) for a nephew. Could you please elaborate on that Friday pre-order sale thingy? Would it mean that a piece is guaranteed & just that it'll take longer to deliver?
Also, any tips on how best to buy one? I remember during the 1+1 sale that one simply needed to click continuously on a particular area & the timer would change to the buy now button. Back then, there were also some scripts to help add one to the cart. Is there anything similar now that works? Between Amazon & Mi, which site is recommended?

@OP, sorry for the hijack. Just the mention of a pre-order got me going. Hope you understand.

Hi, I'm looking to buy this (or Note 4) for a nephew. Could you please elaborate on that Friday pre-order sale thingy? Would it mean that a piece is guaranteed & just that it'll take longer to deliver?
Also, any tips on how best to buy one? I remember during the 1+1 sale that one simply needed to click continuously on a particular area & the timer would change to the buy now button. Back then, there were also some scripts to help add one to the cart. Is there anything similar now that works? Between Amazon & Mi, which site is recommended?

@OP, sorry for the hijack. Just the mention of a pre-order got me going. Hope you understand.

Yes, if you can manage to add one to card, it's guaranteed. In a way it is similar to flash sale. There will be no CoD available, so you have to pay upfront. Order takes time to ship. Mine got shipped after a week.

Among Amazon and MI website, I am more lucky with MI website. I have managed to get a Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 4 from MI website where as a Redmi 4A from Amazon. Except Redmi 4, both phones were for friends to whom I was helping.

Thanks for taking the time. These flash sales are so irritating. But then, these phones do offer the most bang for your buck.

I'm planning on gifting a phone & so wanted to purchase it in a reasonable time frame. The pre-order option wasn't available this week, iinm. Hope it's there next week. Otherwise, I'll need to start considering alternatives.

Did you use the desktop site or the app for your orders? & any idea for how long the phone is available for purchase/checkout after (if!) it is successfully added to cart?

Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time. These flash sales are so irritating. But then, these phones do offer the most bang for your buck.

I'm planning on gifting a phone & so wanted to purchase it in a reasonable time frame. The pre-order option wasn't available this week, iinm. Hope it's there next week. Otherwise, I'll need to start considering alternatives.

Did you use the desktop site or the app for your orders? & any idea for how long the phone is available for purchase/checkout after (if!) it is successfully added to cart?

Thanks.

Yes, they are very very irritating. It took me almost a month and half to get hands on one. For MI website, both times it was desktop. I do not recollect about Amazon. Alternatively, you can check in known local showroom. Like in Pune, Vijay Sales has stock with ₹500 extra.

On MI website, once I added in cart, it stays for an hour.

Yes, they are very very irritating. It took me almost a month and half to get hands on one. For MI website, both times it was desktop. I do not recollect about Amazon. Alternatively, you can check in known local showroom. Like in Pune, Vijay Sales has stock with ₹500 extra.

On MI website, once I added in cart, it stays for an hour.
Thanks for that. The tip about local showrooms is very helpful indeed. I didn't even think about checking b&m stores. Guess I'll try my luck tomorrow & if that fails, look for stores that stock it. Good day!

Just yesterday I went to my ever reliant offline electronics store Vijay Sales, which is located in Thane. I had decided to go there with the intention to buy a new HP homejet printer with my dad, but we did not find anything which caught our eye. We then decided to browse the mobiles section to check out more options besides Xiaomi , and while we were browsing we noticed a Xiaomi phone , my pops just casually asked which version was it , it was redmi 4(3 gb ram,32 gb rom variant). More surprising was the fact that it was in stock(the only xiaomi model though), and it was priced at 9499 INR. We decided to buy it just like that , and that was it.

My initial thoughts of the smartphone are mostly positive.The best feature, I think is the IR blaster. Man, the Mi remote now controls both my set-top boxes, as well as both my sony and toshiba television models. Feels good,man[DOUBLEPOST=1501011831][/DOUBLEPOST]
People have reported seeing the new 3310 in local stores, so that might be worth checking out

Thanks, but I decided to go with Xiaomi Redmi 4(3 GB RAM,32 GB ROM variant).

Just yesterday I went to my ever reliant offline electronics store Vijay Sales, which is located in Thane. I had decided to go there with the intention to buy a new HP homejet printer with my dad, but we did not find anything which caught our eye. We then decided to browse the mobiles section to check out more options besides Xiaomi , and while we were browsing we noticed a Xiaomi phone , my pops just casually asked which version was it , it was redmi 4(3 gb ram,32 gb rom variant). More surprising was the fact that it was in stock(the only xiaomi model though), and it was priced at 9499 INR. We decided to buy it just like that , and that was it.

Yup, these Xiaomi phones are available at 500 extra at Vijay Sales - I got to know it first from @Vagabond

Congratulations on your purchase.

Back