NiMH Batteries, Charger, SD card, Screen Protector

verma

Disciple
As the tilte says I need NiMH Batteries & Charger, SD card and Screen Protector for my A540.

1. NiMH battery - 4 Nos.

Which is better?

NH-AA-B4E : Battery : Battery & Charger : Sony India
Features
Nickel Metal Hydride Rechargeable AA Battery 4 Pack
2500mAh Capacity
Suitable for All Sony Super Quick Charger
Suitable to use in most products requiring AA size Batteries
Power output - volts: 1.2

or

NH-AA-B4K : Battery : Battery & Charger : Sony India
Features
Always ready to use, immediately after purchase (like an alkaline battery)
Keeps it's charge, even after 1 year
Using 1 Cycle Energy Blue Battery is the equivalent of using 1000 disposable batteries
Performs in all compatible appliances. Suitable for remote controls to power hungry digital cameras. Taking the rechargeable battery into the home
Sony Cycle Energy Blue batteries can be charged in any Sony charger

2. Battery Charger

There are lot of them, have a look:

[url]http://www.sony.co.in/product/CompareProducts.action?site=hp_en_IN_i&models=BCG-34HLD4&models=BCG-34HRMF4&models=BCG34HTD2L&models=BCG-34HTD2K&models=BCG-34HRE4&models=BCG34HLD4K&models=BCG-34HLD4E&models=BCG-34HLD2F[/URL]

Though these two looks quite better

[url]http://www.sony.co.in/product/bcg-34hre4[/URL]

[url]http://www.sony.co.in/product/bcg-34hrmf4[/URL]

3. 2/4GB SD Card

I don't know if A540 supports SHDC card also.

4. Screen Guard

any brand/make

Keep the suggestions flowing.

1. go for 2700mAH batteries.

2. for charger my personal choice will be BCG-34HRMF4

3. Dprevier says it can't support SDHC. Check CHDK if firmware upgrade can help you to use SDHC

47Shailesh said:
1. go for 2700mAH batteries.

2. for charger my personal choice will be BCG-34HRMF4

3. Dprevier says it can't support SDHC. Check CHDK if firmware upgrade can help you to use SDHC

NH-AA-B4K : Battery : Battery & Charger : Sony India
Features
Always ready to use, immediately after purchase (like an alkaline battery)
Keeps it's charge, even after 1 year
Using 1 Cycle Energy Blue Battery is the equivalent of using 1000 disposable batteries

2. Battery Charger

There are lot of them, have a look:

[url]http://www.sony.co.in/product/bcg-34hre4[/URL]
Quick Charger - including 4 AA NiMH batteries (2500mAh) - 2-4 hours charger. Charges 4 AAA batteries in 4 hours, 2 AA in 2 hours.

Look at the bold words. What about these?

1. Get Eneloop. These are low discharge batteries. Most of the rechargeable batteries have the drawback of losing their charge if not used regularly. Just imagine the situation when you have not used the batteries for a long time (maybe 2-3 months) and all of a sudden you take out the camera and find that the batteries have lost their charge and now you will either have to recharge them (takes a long time) OR use regular A4 batteries (which beats the purpose of using rechargeables!)

2. There are a variety of chargers available in the markets (Indian as well as US - through KMD) and depending on your budget, you can get pretty high end chargers. But if you are looking at budget options, you have to scour the markets. I'd recommend any charger which has the following features

a. Slim (fits in the camera pouch itself)

b. Auto cut-off (you don't want to overcharge and fry your rechargeables)

c. Individual display of status/auto cut-off (there are a few chargers which show individual display of each battery - my camelion does that too)

d. Fast charge times (obviously)

e. Car charger kit (this would be nice to have - although you can get it separately too)

3. Screen guard - there are 2 variety available in the market. El-chepo ones for around 100.150 bucks and the good ones (ScreenGard, ScreenShield) for around 300 bucks. Go to some reputed shop (e.g. Vijay Sales) where someone can apply it for you. There are high chances of air bubbles being retained if you try it on your own. These guys have some experience and hence would apply it quite snugly.

Well actually went in search of sony BCG-34HRMF4 charger, I could only find it at only one shop, i.e. camera city, brigade road.

He was quoting 2000/- which is actually MRP, I saw in one of udit's thread he bought it for 1.8k

1. Is the charger good?? BTW it comes with 4xAA 2700mah sony batteries.

I'd give a pass to Eneloop batteries since they are only 2000mah, and these 2700mah also holds the charge for around 6 months, quite good for me.

2. About SD card, I think 2GB is sufficient for me, available for 400/- for sandisk make.

3. Also I saw a SCREENGAURD 2.5" screen protector for 300/-. How good it is?

well get the sony Cycle Energy batteries,it will last 100% more in terms of number of times u can recharge,compared to the other sony batteries like the 2700mah ones,also keeps the charge longer ,in other wards doesn't self discharge soon,which is good.

adder said:
well get the sony Cycle Energy batteries,it will last 100% more in terms of number of times u can recharge,compared to the other sony batteries like the 2700mah ones,also keeps the charge longer ,in other wards doesn't self discharge soon,which is good.

Sony Cycle Energy and Eneloop are same OEM products and both are made by sanyo.

True that they holds the charge for one year, but the regular sony/sanyo 2700mah also keeps the charge for 6 months, sufficient. :cool2:

The disadvantage with eneloop/sony CE is that they are just 2000mah, so battery backup is less comparing to 2700mah batteries.

Not idea on the red part though :S

BTW how's Verbatim's SD cards, how does these compares to Sandisk??

^ What do you mean by Sony Cycle Energy are 2000mah? FYI, my Sony 2700mah NiMH batteries are also marked as "Cycle Energy". I think the difference is between Blue Cycle Energy and Green Cycle Energy. Mine are Green.

The sony quick charger with 4 Green Cycle batteries (2500 mah) costs about 1100 rupees. Good value for the money, I'd say.

verma said:
Sony Cycle Energy and Eneloop are same OEM products and both are made by sanyo.

True that they holds the charge for one year, but the regular sony/sanyo 2700mah also keeps the charge for 6 months, sufficient. :cool2:

The disadvantage with eneloop/sony CE is that they are just 2000mah, so battery backup is less comparing to 2700mah batteries.

Not idea on the red part though :S

BTW how's Verbatim's SD cards, how does these compares to Sandisk??

well i am talking about the sony blue cycle batteries,what i mean is that the news ones have very low discharge rate ,and the number of times u can recharge the new type batteries is a theroritical 100%,i.e a ordinary nimh orange packaging sony battery can be recharged 500times where as the new sony blue cycle batteries have a max of 1000times.

Back