No Offer for Airtel customers from Paytm, Freecharge

Maybe because Airtel wants to promote their own app "My Airtel" and do not give (enough??) commission to paytm/freecharge/mobikwik.

In my experience with Failtel over the past nine years, I have not seen a company that cheats its users like the way Failtel does. People have talked about Reliance and their shady business practices but in my experience, Failtel has surpassed the competition as far as bad business practices are concerned.

From inserting javascript and misusing their position as an ISP to not caring for their existing customers and hiding/not upgrading their plans claiming feasibility issues, closing/re-scheduling complaints without consent or even looking into them etc. Failtel has achieved a lot as far as screwing customers is concerned.

I experienced another one of their scams yesterday when I applied a 3G/4G "special recharge" for Rs 194 with a 1GB limit and a validity of 28 days for my wife's phone using their website instead of paytm which I normally use.

Guess what? I got a 650MB limit and 21 day validity recharge - the same thing I get when I recharge via PayTm. Now, they are openly scamming people by making false claims on their website!!!

More than the damn monetary value, I feel bad for my father who suggested that I use their website instead of PayTm. It felt really bad to see his interest in showing me what he'd found turn to disappointment. Guess what...no using Failtel's website anymore and I'm considering switching my wife's mobile service provider.

I recently made a payment for my Airtel Landline through Paytm and I did receive the eligible cash back of Rs. 50. It was the Republic day recharge offer. Seems like it is just this specific offer that has Airtel blacklisted.

I recently made a payment for my Airtel Landline through Paytm and I did receive the eligible cash back of Rs. 50. It was the Republic day recharge offer. Seems like it is just this specific offer that has Airtel blacklisted.

There are very few offers for Airtel customers. I used to check for offers here (http://www.savemoneyindia.com/category/mobile-dth-data-card-recharge/). But these days I almost gave up.

BTW, just search for airtel in the link. Most offers aren't for Airtel

That is what you get for being a Failtel customer. Bharti Airtel, proudly screwing its customers since 1995.

I hear a lot of complains about 'failtel', but frankly I didn't had any before this. (this and the recent dunia-gol-nahi-hai adv and other irritating ads featuring that short-haired girl :D :D)
I have been using Airtel since 2005 and their service was okay IMO.
Their service coverage is decent, plans were fine.
But since last few month, I am indeed facing some problems like - call dropping and 'subscriber is out of coverage area' error even when had full network bars and very slow data connection.
Thought of switching to Vodafon - but in my office area, they are even worse.

I am planning to get a dual sim phone to try out other networks before dropping out of Airtel.

I like it, not giving any offers for AirTel customers is great. Third class company, with class leading illiterate customer care, and I don't know whether they still steal your balance or not. Though their coverage is good, especially in rural areas, but that doesn't concern me the least, and Vodafone is just great, so who gives a frak anyway.

but the issue is that they have the best network and we are stuck with them , cant help it really .
last 14 years using Airtel . Shifted to BSNL sometime back but people complained that number was always unreachable . Recently took Reliance CDMA MNP offer of Magic 899 and here again some places where i require no signal . So have to keep up with Failtel

I have been an Airtel customer for the past 15 years and their service has never disappointed me. Everyone has their own experiences to share but IMHO Airtel offers the
best service as far as connectivity and coverage is concerned. While mobile coverage is a subjective topic and different people will have different opinions based on the areas they live/travel
in, Airtel's Broadband service is absolutely fantastic. I can say this for sure because I have tried Tikona, Reliance, MTNL and MTS broadband services at a branch office of mine and they are all pathetic. There
is no broadband coverage for Airtel at that location where my branch office is and I had to settle for an Airtel 4G device. It is working quite well even though I end up paying a bit more as compared
to broadband.

But yes, i fail to understand why Airtel users are discriminated against at mobile recharge platforms. I personally haven't faced a lot of issues in making payments or anything with Airtel.
Just saying :p

I was an Airtel prepaid customer for 6-7 years. With the idiotic internet pricing i stopped recharging completely. And when i decided to switch to postpaid i got a shock. Other service provider corporate plans are way better than Airtel who have their expensive mypack and i ported out to Aircel.

Actually, have had bad experiences with Airtel and Vodafone, with the latter being a bigger cheat. However, in metros, Vodafone has good coverage, but otherwise, Airtel wins - at least in the north where i need to go. And here in Mumbai, with the connection dropping every couple of hundred metres (3G, not 4G), I find that its a PITA.

Secondly, the discrimination is mostly because of Airtel's decision to promote their own Airtel Money. This would, IMO just hurt them in the long run.

Isn't it against the norms? CCI should be informed I guess. They cannot do such things.
Nope, this is not against the norms, giving discounts and offer is neither a norm nor a right. These discounts depend on the amount of margin the telecom operators give to these websites, so port out from Failtel or complain to Failtel not Paytm, Freecharge or CCI (LOL).

Actually, with Airtel blocking all 'ahem' sites with their MITM proxy, I am thinking of cancelling the datacards anyways - the other do not resort to blocking in the name of sanskar, and whatever crap.

I too feel AirTel is one of the shittier companies and I was on the verge of switching to Vodafone until I discovered Wynk Music. If it weren't for free music streaming without ads, I would've gladly ported.

Although, I must say, the coverage is pathetic. I'm from Mumbai and I end up switching to 2G the moment I'm out of Mumbai. Be it Pune or New Delhi, my phone is on 2G while people using Vodafone enjoy 3G speeds.

Back