No Political Ads on Twitter

Will this make any difference in elections and outcomes ?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ads are for those that are in two minds before the elections. Those famous 'swing' voters.

No opinion on this one.

Well this is global so I guess this was more for US elections in mind.
In India, on twitter, the user is usually well informed and many of us see ads as ads.

Also, pinterest tiktok and linkedin have banned political ads

Meanwhile Facebook continues to let Right wing politicians peddle lies. If they stopped political ads, facebook would lose a ton of money and those greedy aholes only see money.

Meanwhile Facebook continues to let Right wing politicians peddle lies. If they stopped political ads, facebook would lose a ton of money and those greedy aholes only see money.

Political ads are just 1% of FB revenue. Its insignificant. Its about lobbying and in their words "freedom of expression and political speech"

Also, pinterest tiktok and linkedin have banned political ads
What is the reasoning ?

Saying it should be earned and not bought does not tell me much
Post automatically merged:

If they stopped political ads, facebook would lose a ton of money and those greedy aholes only see money.
This is the reason i didn't want to be against it. In the end these are businesses and should not have to restrict themselves

Its about lobbying and in their words "freedom of expression and political speech"
And ?

Lobbying is legal in the US. So why does it matter if its over a different medium

The problem i have with the question is if its okay to do it with bilboards, radio & tv then why is the internet or social media for that matter different ?

What is the reasoning ?

Saying it should be earned and not bought does not tell me much

Ive not looked into this but if I remember it was on same lines of influencing election outcomes.

And ?

Lobbying is legal in the US. So why does it matter if its over a different medium

The problem i have with the question is if its okay to do it with bilboards, radio & tv then why is the internet or social media for that matter different ?

not a good analogy but look at what is allowed on OTT v/s TV or cinema. Different rules and laws apply as per mediums. With internet, the risk of fake is much higher which these platforms are afraid. Their checks are not enough and things slip through. But its a lost cause eventually thanks to whatsapp and communication tools to spread the message. No matter how hard they try, things will flow on so I feel twitter's stand is more symbolic higher ground than the actual explanation given by the CEO and more like " Look FB, we are a superior app when it comes to ads" while we all know how toxic twitter can be

Political ads are just 1% of FB revenue. Its insignificant. Its about lobbying and in their words "freedom of expression and political speech"
I doubt that. Even ifthats the case official numbers can be made into whateer they want.

Political ads are about power and influence any way. Facebook wants to lose neither.

Ive not looked into this but if I remember it was on same lines of influencing election outcomes.
Bigger influence would be the the fallout from hacking the democrats email server

not a good analogy but look at what is allowed on OTT v/s TV or cinema. Different rules and laws apply as per mediums. With internet, the risk of fake is much higher which these platforms are afraid. Their checks are not enough and things slip through.
Depends how many people see it. Yeah, you can put out fake stuff but there is an countering effect as well. People calling it out much sooner. On twitter this is very apparent.

You are less likely to come across counters with traditional media where the information flows only one way.

But its a lost cause eventually thanks to whatsapp and communication tools to spread the message. No matter how hard they try, things will flow on so I feel twitter's stand is more symbolic higher ground than the actual explanation given by the CEO and more like " Look FB, we are a superior app when it comes to ads" while we all know how toxic twitter can be
Agree they are just trying to show they are doing something about it when accused.

JUST 5 votes (including mine in 5 days lol).
I am sure modi is lauching something better for india.
Something relating to politics.

Lets wait and eat that thing up;

Meanwhile anywhen here check channel on Youtube = Data is Nice
You wll love there researches..

Back