Nokia 3230 review: Smartphone for the masses

Sanav3

Adept
The NEW Symbain phone for the masses with a 1.3 MegaPixel cam and radio as well, just like nokia 6260...but the sad part, still NO MP3 support :mad:

gsmarena.com said:
Nokia 3230 is basically the first smartphone, which could be considered a middle class one. Nevertheless, it has pretty rich functional equipment: it supports EDGE, Bluetooth, Push to talk and has megapixel camera and radio. As usually, we have tested the phone thoroughly and prepared a detailed review for you.

Key benefits

* Quick mobile data: GPRS class 10, EDGE class 5
* 1.3 MP camera
* RS-MMC memory card slot, which is replaceable without having to switch off the phone
* Built-in radio
* Image editor
* Setting Wizard program for quick setting of data transfers, MMS and emails
* High quality construction

Main drawbacks

* Use of MMC card of a standard size not possible
* The keys are sometimes much too rigid
* The voice memo is limited to minute-long records only
* Intermittent problems with the earphones connection

Nokia 3230 is positioned into the "middle class" category. When I was using it, however, I did not notice almost any differences from the mobile phones of a higher class. The main reason is that Nokia 3230 uses the Symbian Series 60 OS, which is nearly identical for most of the mobile phones, offering the same functions every time.

Since any smartphone is able to offer much more options that the usual phones, I consider it rather unnecessary to describe the individual pros and cons of the smart phones here.

Straight off at the beginning, we should probably explain this article's title. How come that we classify the Nokia 3230, whose initial price starts at almost 400 Euros, as a mass phone, since nowadays it is easily possible to buy a smartphone at half this price? Well, any direct comparing between the new coming phones and the one-year old ones just does not make sense, even if they offer basically the same functional features. If we compare the prices of the mobile phones when first launched on the market, Nokia 3230 turns out to be really the cheapest one. By this moment, not a single smartphone has been introduced at a lower price.
COMPLETE REVIEW

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 186
Darklord said:
Its not that bad and nokia website says it has MP3 support.
What is the truth ? i am confused.

it supports mp3 implies it can play mp3 without any third party software...
but it can play mp3 only at 16KHz dual mono wid earphones :mad: :mad:
but Stereo Radio....The Radio chip is altogeather diff and its output is Stereo..
theres no way u can link the installed mp3 player or any third party mp3 player software to this chip...so effectively NO STEREO MP3

exactly same as Nokia 6260..

darky use it for a few days...u will come 2 know of its shortcomings....slow UI...small keypad...slow cam etc etc...
but if u like the phone well and good..:)

IceFusion said:
darky use it for a few days...u will come 2 know of its shortcomings....slow UI...small keypad...slow cam etc etc...
but if u like the phone well and good..:)
But dark says he actually likes the keypad and say it's "solid" and well laid out :p

And this "good" keypad was one of the reasons why he went for 3230 :tongue:

i agree with the well laid out and the solid thingy....the phone is built excellant..dosent creak like the 6230...but the keys r 2 small...not the no. keys or the joystick...but the selct keys...they r very small and are just above the call recieve and cut keys which makes them hard to press at times

had a look at 3230 today, very nice lookin phone with very good features att 18k...
but why why why the f*ckin mono mp3 player....

just imagine what a noise 6630 would have made in 3230's shell....

still 3230 is the best lookin s60 nokia out there(Thanx to SE fr inspiration)

Back