Android Nokia 5 in India

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Any info on availability of the new Nokia 5 android phone locally - price and timeframe?

I'm looking to get either this or the Moto G5 (prefer the Nokia 5) assuming they don't screw up the pricing too much. It will be my first Android phone ever. Currently using a MS Lumia 650 :D

I believe it should be available to buy by around next month (June) timeframe?

I've already seen the "Euro" price and entered my email address on their website to be notified but wondering if anyone else has any updated info on this.

Any info on availability of the new Nokia 5 android phone locally - price and timeframe?

I'm looking to get either this or the Moto G5 (prefer the Nokia 5) assuming they don't screw up the pricing too much. It will be my first Android phone ever. Currently using a MS Lumia 650 :D

I believe it should be available to buy by around next month (June) timeframe?

I've already seen the "Euro" price and entered my email address on their website to be notified but wondering if anyone else has any updated info on this.

Wait for phone with NFC & Type C USB....

Read Moto G5 Review at Amazon.in before decided any....

Having Snapdragon 430 internals, is it realistic to expect these phones to be announced at 8000, 10000, and 12000 for the Nokia 3, 5, and 6 respectively?

To be taken with a pinch of salt:
IMG_20170612_212523.jpg

Personally, I would still buy the Nokia 5 at this tentative price of around 13k, even though the Moto G5 is 12k with better tech specs. Yeah I know, maybe not a very smart choice probably.

Mainly because HMD are "promising" stock or near-stock Android with early and regular updates. MotoG5 seems to be already behind in this. Plus a few minor things like I actually prefer the lower screen resolution 720p and slightly larger battery capacity. Also apparently higher number of 4G LTE bands supported.

I don't do gaming or any heavy apps on smartphones, just email, browsing, social media etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1497341164][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.fonearena.com/blog/22245...es-launched-in-india-starting-at-rs-9499.html

Awww, only the 3 is available this week in offline stores. The 5 and 6 are available only NEXT month?! :( GST effect?[DOUBLEPOST=1497342033][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the link says Nokia 5 is polycarbonate (plastic) but the nokia website says aluminium unibody.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Nokia 6 is more comparable to the Moto G5 (non Plus version) and still the G5 seems to be a little better tech specs (like bluetooth 4.2 instead of 4.1) and there is a 20% (3000 bucks) price differential !

HMD will struggle to take advantage of the Nokia brand familiarity in India and lose whatever loyalty they seem to think they have, unless they realise it quickly (with low sales) and drop prices soon enough.

Silly me though, I still prefer the Nokia 5 even at the starting price of 13k, again mainly due to their promise of stock Android with timely updates. Good 4G LTE bands coverage. Lower screen resolution with same 3000 mAh battery as the 6 should give a little more battery life...

Back