Nokia 6600 vs Ngage vs Ngage QD vs Moto E398!!

Params7

Skilled
Ok, so today this morning in school, all my firends had a heated arguement on which phones is overall better. All are sales hits. All are comparitively cheap (arnd 10k) but all of them have and don't have different features for different different people. For an apps/smartphone freak - 6600. For someone with overall good featured phone with special in games - ngage QD. For someone who wants good quality music playback and tend to use them as an Mp3 Player then its e398 or ngage.

Now with quick comparisons -

Ngage QD DOES NOT have the USB slot to transfer files from
Ngage QD and 6600 sound terrible with their low quality mono mp3 playbacks when compared to Stereo effects of Ngage and E398
e398 is not a smartphone, it certainly cannot play those huge amounts of apps out there, but it has got Java (j2me) midp 2, which is the next best thing to Symbian series 60. Definitely, has TONS of apps out there, though not as powerful it has got atleast something to back up, so you really can't say e398 lacks 'apps'. About camera, 6600 has 2x zoom and video recording, E398 lacks vid recording but has 4x zoom with FLASH to make up for it!!
but 6600 with symbian 60 is certainly powerful, speedier with lots of applications to surprise the user. But hefty looking (a little fat) and comparitively e398 and ngage QD looks much sleeker, sexier, and stylish. Just like 6600 beats e398 with its powerful symbian OS e398 strikes back hard with its awesome sound playback with vibration and bass, which really automatically starts moving your hands!!
Now onto the ngages, both lack camera first.
but ngage has stereo mp3 just like e398 and QD doesn't even have mp3, with add on app it can play, but it sound terribly low. music is mono can be sometimes be unpleasant to listen to.

Music vs Music and Symbian vs Symbian

So now the question arrises, which has better music quality in stereo, Ngage or E398. Now, on headsets or headphones, they both sound EQUAL! I mean its like comparing panasonic cd walkman to Sony's cd walkman you really can't say which one sounds better. But on handsfree - e398 wins over ngage with its bass. people say e398 has 2 speakers, it actually has 4! 2 large on its sides and 2 little mini speakers on top near earpiece for added surround sound effect. Now try to play something on e398 which has bass, and play the same on ngage and hold them. you'll notice e398 seems to handle it well, in fact really well, you can almost feel the drums beating right onto your palm, with vibration you really feel it moving. On Ngage, it lacks that 'effect' Other than that they are all equal. But ngage has symbian series but looks really awkward while talking with it.
now 6600 vs QD. i have heard that even though Qd and 6600 both have series 60, there is still a difference. 6600 has a much powerful version of symbian 60 and QD has a little downgraded. this was found out by fans who got errors working some games and apps on QD but which worked flawlesly in 6600! Ngage Qd looks much better and still is a symbian 60 and its a freaking GAMING CONSOLE! the only advantage is 6600 has over QD is its camera.
Now, keeping all the above mentioned points in mind and some that i may have missed, what is TE's opinion on this matter ? (i plan to show this link to my firneds who argued the most on this topic) :eek:hyeah:

i am myself confused over the e398 and ngage
according to me a phone widout mp3 is a ueless...:D

a friend of mine got a e398 on my recommendation a week back....
probs lik...plays only CBR mp3's wid max bit rate 200 kbps...irritating prob, u gotto convert mp3's b4 uploading to phone...and he uploaded some pics to the phone, one of them was of size 250 KB...result the phone crashed, hard format...:(

he dosent lik da phone anymore and wanst 2 sell it off....

i personally still prefer da N Gage, amazing phone ...but side talking and no cam :(

damn fandusanju i feel bad for you, wish i could help you select a phone just like you helped me here in TA on which phone should i buy!!
And i DEFINITELY agree, sure apps are awesome but you won't be using it as much as listening to music on the run, will you ? you're going to get a headache.

What i want to say is sanju, nothing is perfect, you remember i had such a hard time deciding with between 6230, 6260 and E398 ? all of them had their bad points but its up to the user to make up his mind and to sacrifise the damn lowdowns and live with life! believe me, sanju, i sometimes regret buying e398, but sometimes i see 6230 owners in jealousy towards me, I Swere i'm telling the TRUTH! this really has happened to me several times. friends of mine has a 6260 a very powerful phone that e398 doesn't even compare to, but after e398 crushed it loudest volume under its medium volume, he actually said he felt like selling 6260 for e398! By god i'm telling the truth here. So its really up to YOU! no friend or any other member can help you out. You've got to make a mind up for YOURSELF, only then will you stay happy with the phone or else you'll regret buying the phone and hate the person who reccomneded it to you!!
we are just here to give our own opinions and set you a base.

E398 has issues with Bluetooth and dont has video recording, it' not symbian as well. 6600 fits the bill in all these three aspects. It dont has a mp3 playback (that too can be done by 3rd party software), but in mono sound.

It's not fair to compare E398 with 6600. Nokia 6600 is a "smartphone".

N gage has no cam and we have to use both ur hands to work or talk with that. It's no longer manufactured by nokia. we will have to get that in gray markets only.

So it's actually between E398 vs N gage QD vs 6600, where 6600 wins :D

N gage is a cheaper than 6600 and E398 :p

Personally i'd go for the ngage (the old one) since its got the best of both worlds imho. It has the power of symbian and mp3 playback capability (fm even) though the e398 prolly plays mp3s a little better. But the games on the ngage are simply outstanding and add to that a fantastic price. But then its just my opinion.

params7 said:
Now, on headsets or headphones, they both sound EQUAL! I mean its like comparing panasonic cd walkman to Sony's cd walkman you really can't say which one sounds better.
No way, e 398 has 2 speakers and has bass as well, i have seen both the phoes and i can tell E 398 is way better in sounds than N gage.

And most of the games played in N gage can be played on 6600 as well....

drgrudge said:
No way, e 398 has 2 speakers and has bass as well, i have seen both the phoes and i can tell E 398 is way better in sounds than N gage.

And most of the games played in N gage can be played on 6600 as well....
grudge the 6600 allows installation of ngage games but the game dont run properly and there are screen formattin probs, crashes, errors etc. Believe me i have tried it.........

Grudge, actually in some forums at mobile-review.com some pro's did a 6600 vs E398, E398 actually won. E398 was voted overall better than 6600. Sure 6600 is a smartphone, but e398 beats 6600 in several formats, like having 4x zoom, camera flash, digital 3d surround sound, side rythemic lights, attractive looks etc but 6600 has only vid recording and its smartphone functions as an advantage.
And blade runner is right, my friend has a 6600 and with a data cable he came to my home so i downloaded some ' working N-gage ' games for him, most of them managed to get to the main menu, but that's what where he was stuck, sometimes the keys won't work or sound won't come or in some games it just stuck on loading. IMO, in the battle, the old Ngage has won. It has symbian (the advatange of 6600) mixed with the power of stere output (the advatage of e398 )

drgrudge said:
E398 has issues with Bluetooth and dont has video recording, it' not symbian as well. 6600 fits the bill in all these three aspects. It dont has a mp3 playback (that too can be done by 3rd party software), but in mono sound.

Bluetooth issues ?? my e398, i have sent 100's of files and recieved 100's without ANY problem!!
i don't see any issues.
And mono sound, oh crap. have you even heard 6600 playing mp3's through Ultra mp3 software ? its like listening to some old washed up radio player from the 80's. Sure it can play them, but what's the point when it sound so unpleasant and you'll hardly feel like listening to ??

it all boils down to what u prefer and what u want in ur phone.. i am not a music bufff (this is the 10000000th time i am saying that) and i still think cameras on mobiles suck! Personally I wanted a decent phone with oodles of space and features. QD fits the bill perfectly. Also, its a bonus that its a game-deck though i dont game on it much.

Lack of USB is not a problem for me. I bot a bluetooth dongle and a USB cardreader and i am more than happy and satisfied with what I have.. Also, QD has that bling factor.. Many ppl have come upto me and spoken to me only b'coz of QD.. too bad not many chix crave about fones..

Rockyme2002 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Care to tell Us wht u smoke????? ;)

haven't started yet, maybe you can reccomend :bleh:

Just mistook one for a username, no need to make a big deal about it.

----------------------------
Also i would like to state on the screen and resolution, 6600 has the biggest and brightest of the 4, imo. And Ngage Qd screen is very 'dim' compared to e398 and 6600 besides being special for playing games. does anyone here agree ?
ngage-qd-screen.jpg

e398.jpg
6600stream4.jpg

When compared real time - Qd's screen is just slightly bigger than e398's, and 6600 is like a giant fat man. definitely wins in the screens department.

6600 might have a bigger screen, but the resolution is poor..... and certain wallpapers that require good resolution to display would show up poorly on 6600....

if u want i have a few walls like that... if u use it u will know that e398 wins hands down.... e398 has way better screen than 6600....

params7 said:
damn fandusanju i feel bad for you, wish i could help you select a phone just like you helped me here in TA on which phone should i buy!!
And i DEFINITELY agree, sure apps are awesome but you won't be using it as much as listening to music on the run, will you ? you're going to get a headache.

What i want to say is sanju, nothing is perfect, you remember i had such a hard time deciding with between 6230, 6260 and E398 ? all of them had their bad points but its up to the user to make up his mind and to sacrifise the damn lowdowns and live with life! believe me, sanju, i sometimes regret buying e398, but sometimes i see 6230 owners in jealousy towards me, I Swere i'm telling the TRUTH! this really has happened to me several times. friends of mine has a 6260 a very powerful phone that e398 doesn't even compare to, but after e398 crushed it loudest volume under its medium volume, he actually said he felt like selling 6260 for e398! By god i'm telling the truth here. So its really up to YOU! no friend or any other member can help you out. You've got to make a mind up for YOURSELF, only then will you stay happy with the phone or else you'll regret buying the phone and hate the person who reccomneded it to you!!
we are just here to give our own opinions and set you a base.

dude, u have a e398..so tell me if the 200 kbps thing is true or not?? and even abt VBr mp3's..
and someone using a Ngage plz tell me if its possible to play VBR mp3's and high bitrate mp3's....

BOTH e398 and ngage play vbr mp3's and e398 mostly freezez or plays vbr mp3's in fast motion and Ngage vbr doesn't sound right, like vbr's are supposed to do with changing bitrates throughout the song, ngage plays them, but doesn't sound good at all. And Ngage's screen is outdated with less colours than ngage Qd, e398, 6600 etc. About bitrates, don't know about ngage but e398 can only play upto 192 kbps. anything over 200 will give a system error. 192's work just fine, and all the songs i download and normally hear are 128 kbps, and these on headset sound just like headphones on PC with windows media player!

well ngage has 4k colors doesn't it ? 6600 and e398 have 65k ? about Ngage Qd, i thought they made it 65k too.....so sorry mistake there :p

then da best choice is.... MOTOROLA E398...
thx mate, for helping me 2 mak up my mind...

EDIT: Latest price...10.2K wid bill...mumbai

Back