Nokia 6600 vs Ngage vs Ngage QD vs Moto E398!!

No way! I still prefer 6600 over moto E398. E398 costs 10k and 6600 costs 12k with bill, still a 2k difference....

I like to install apps in my phone and prefer a "smartphone" over a "MTV" kind of phone.

you know fandu grudge, won't settle for a phone without some 'real' music capability's! Sure applications, how much will you be using them ?? not as much as listening to music! What 6600 has over e398 is its applications and video recording, NOTHING else! And about application, 6600 wins by only half of it because my e398 has got heaps of j2me midp 2 apps, which also includes an HTML browser and MSN messenger, another awesome mp3 player with techno interface, a slideshow application, a picture editor app that can edit face and put them on different body's, and more coming, and applications put aside, e398 beats 6600 in every other feature, but 6600 still holds on because of video recording.

and btw, fandu you still got ngage's option open, power of 6600 combined with the power of e398 for a much cheaper price. if you can do with side talking, and sacrifise camera for games, think about it.....

If your talking about e398, its latest flash is 95r_a though the most stable is 95r which i have in my phone. But i wouldn't reccomend upgrading your phone yourself at home because -
1. It will void your warranty
2. Its a great risk of flashing your phone dead! there's 45% chance upgrading may not be successful, which can ultimately result in a dead phone

so i reccomend taking whatever phone you have to their head office or service center and get it officially upgraded there.

-----

Btw Fandu, i asked a question for you from the pros -

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?postid=5014434#post5014434

They all agree E398 is definitely the phone if you want to go music!

actually this topic should have been discussed 3 months back.....

there are different need fr different people and that's why they buy different phones...... music buffs who want latest multimedia features buy E398; smartphone freaks buy 6600, ngage is fr gaming+smartphone freaks......

u reall cannot comapre theses 3 phones..... still if u want to know 6600 is the best out there inside 12k.

need some advice, i wanna buy a mobile...11k budget...after reading some reviews i am thinking of buying the moto e398....my first choice would have been the ngage qd, but for the 4k color screen :(
now abt the moto, many ppl/ mobile dealers (here in pune) tell me to avoid motorola.. their reasons include - very few service centers, availability of spares, no resale value, n also some ppl say that to switch from nokia to moto is impossible as moto phones r very hard to use..is this true??...i hope not, cuz the e398 really does look good :(
my main requirements in a cell r - 65k screen, card slot, mp3 player, bluetooth

@appolyon;
What abt nokia 6230? It got:
BT,65k colors, MMC slot, mp3 player all the features u have asked for :D And has a FM radio too which E398 dont has (but we can get a stereo headset to get FM) and it's a NOKIA :p
It costs around 11k-11.5k only with bill :)

Moto phones are generally difficult to use at the begging but later on u will get used. But E398 got a different UI compared to all other Nokia phones. See my review in here:
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2248

yeah that sucks about Motorola. very few service centers in India. But i think with its new list of lineups it may grow its base further in india.

At the one looking for a phone, try 6230. If you think you can deal with the screen and shape then its definitely the best buy becuase its got video camera+edge, i think.
but definitely not QD, please, according to me it sucks like anything. i recently had some experience with it here and it was very hard trying to get mp3 to play on it!!
try both e398 and 6230 before buying.

@apollyon ,
It's hard to find the perfect mobile.
With E398, u dont get video capture, symbian OS, different UI, etc... and in 6230 u have small screen and no symbian OS.

But u do get a lot of java games for your series 40 phones :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you want Style, then e398, if you want performance and features - 6230. Common is excellent stereo mp3 which you're looking for, on headset they sound the same, but on handsfree 6230 is louder than e398 but lacks e398's bass. i heard 6230 has an equalizer as well, and about java games, i heard it has a limit on the size of java apps it can exept at 128 kb's.

got the e398...rocks...no probs so far...having some bluetooth issues as drgrudge said...can send files, not recieve...will get fw updated

inpossible, there has to be something wrong with the piece. i always connect to my friends everysingle time. Its confusing agreed, but not bad. there are 2 section of bluetooth options in motorola's unlike nokias. If you're using one from setting option, it will only find Bt headsets, it is ONLY meant for finding BT headsets. The option which you get from the file, is for earching By handsets!!
get your facts straight first.

hey guyz
i am planning to buy an e398 in the next month and my dealer ofred me e398 along with 128mb mm card for 10.5k+VAT
is it a good offer or should i bargain?

siddhesh20 said:
hey guyz
i am planning to buy an e398 in the next month and my dealer ofred me e398 along with 128mb mm card for 10.5k+VAT
is it a good offer or should i bargain?
128 mb card ?!! For that price!!! Dude, you're in luck if your getting a 128 mb card with it, because the MMC format e398 uses, is very expensive (sandisk transflash series) i'm ordering a 256 mb from ebay.co.uk right now cause in india it'll take time to appear. And that is an excellent offer. I bought my e398 with a 64 mb card for 11.5k!!
An the whole Bluetooth deal -

Okay E398 has 2 different BT options to select different BT devices :

Menu - Settings - Connection - Bluetooth - handsfree - Search For Devices

This is only meant for detecting BT HEADSETS!! This will not detect BT phones.

Menu - Multimedia - Sound, Video or Pictures - highlight a file and press MENU - Copy or Move (Cut) - Bluetooth - Look for devices

This will detect BT phones. It has never failed on me, because i read the instructions booklet :bleh:

Back