Nokia E52 - available in India ?

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Is the E52 available in India as yet?

The international launch was quite a few months back, yet I hardly see any mention of it online leave alone any info on the pricing.

I think one of the models not sure which one e52 or e55 was pulled out from asian markets a month after launch

Both were listed on the Nokia India site initially in the Coming Up Models but as the date of Launch came closer, were taken off. But they were still listed in Europe Site & I guess got launched there.
The reviews were also good.
Nokia E52 - Full phone specifications

Don't know why they didn't launch it here. Asked a few of the Nokia shops in Bangalore. Some had no idea of it. While some said that it will launch but didn't know when.

Yep I saw the GSMArena review and it looked perfect!

However in the same link you have mentioned, there are comments saying that both the E52/E55 suffer from serious issues with the call quality - something to do with either the mic, antenna or the noise cancellation DSP. This could probably be the reason they were pulled.

Either way its off my list. Thanks :)

i guess e52 was available at alfa(mumbai) for 15.5k some months bak...grey

But now ppl says its e55 so i m not sure but one is available in grey of this both

I had seen these models on the Nokia India page and listed as "Coming up" but they were pulled out sometime back. I myself am eagerly waiting for the E52. By the way, the E52 and E55 are technically 99% similar except for a little bit of internal memory size and the keypad. Nothing else.

My uncle is using the E52 (grey market purchase, 14.2k) and my brother is using the E55 (grey market purchase, 17-18k) since a month now without any issues. I hope Nokia launches them officially in India soon. The E52 is the only worthy upgrade for my E51 :)

I remember reading somewhere that the delay in the launch was due to the fact that 5800 XM was launched that time around only & since both E52 & E55 had better specs, so Nokia decided to delay their launch so that 5800 sales aren't affected. Since they being E-series, would make them better phones.

Anyways, they are the slimmest phone nokia has ever launched, so I'll also wait if they get launched in India.

I know I am bumping up an old thread, but if anyone has news about the Nokia E52 or the Nokia E55 and when they are to hit the Indian market it would be very helpful.

I dont have a NPD (Nokia Priority Dealer) close to my place so went to Croma. The salesman there did tell me that one of the two had just been released and was possibly available at NPD which was another 10 kms from where I was. I did check out at The Mobile Store too, but no luck. The Nokia India site still does not show E52 or E55. I know the two are available in the gray market but my interest lies in an original new piece with warranty.

@XT

I was waiting for the E52 since long but then could not get any information about its launch in India. I am not sure if its even coming to India officially or not.

I got myself a Nokia E52 from the gray market as I was tired of waiting. However, if somebody has more information regarding its official launch, please post here.

PS: Get the E52. Its more comfortable. Basically both are the same phones but the E52 has a normal and better keypad. E55's QWERTY keypad is not that good.

Back