Nokia G-140W-F bridge mode?

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

Airtel gave the above model for FTTH connection. Unfortunately, I did not have much luck with it. If anybody has a clue on how to put the router in bridge please do let me know.

Thanks

Found on different forume

So, I finally found the solution to this.

Apparently, only Lan port 4 of the router Nokia G-140W-C can do bridging mode. All the other ports can't.

I have done the change and it's working for me now. Finally, I can use my Asus router for everything, and Nokia router just for termination.

Please try, I am sure it should work for everyone.

The changes you need to do on the Nokia router are just 2:

1. Change the Lan port 4 to bridge mode (it will need a restart)
2. Enable IPoe mode in WAN settings. (Just restart after this to be on the safe side, though it doesn't need a restart)

Happy bridging and please don't forget to upvote if it works for you

^ I guess he did try and linked it in post. I think the best is to ask Airtel to give that old Alcatel router. This is what i did :)

@smnrock Does this have gigabit ports or only 100 mega bit port? The airtel guy said he may have a gpon with single ethernet port (and no telephone jack) but it was 100 megabit only.

Is the full name I-240G-D? Somebody else was not able to open its web-ui page.

Last edited:
Yes, it is! And it should be gigabit port only, since my connection speed is 300Mbps. I configured in bridge mode along with Google mesh. Now testing with IBall mesh as well.

C0730C4C-1B08-4419-94A6-D52058057EE4.jpeg

Yes it has telephone port as well. Wan setting i will show later evening. Its been more than a year since I configured. I need a take my old laptop, since only through ethernet port i could connect.

If you see the attached picture above, it will show four wires. Fibre, telephone, ethernet and power connection.
Post automatically merged:

@rajil.s I too face the same issue... Whatever username/password combination i tried, it's no go :(. Probably its configured by default as bridge mode.

Last edited:
@smnrock wow, that is a shitty situation indeed. Did you try to telnet into the modem?
The down side of this is that you are stuck with the ip of the modem and the subnet.

The IP of the modem is fixed to 192.168.1.1 and you cant change that. If you have mutiple connections for failover or loadbalancing, this will become a problem.

This website suggests admin as the username and conf as the password.

OK I don't have experience of load balancing and I have only one connection. The IP of modem is 192.168.1.254. Not sure whether this will help in your case or not.

Anyways I've tried all those username password combination, but none working.

Seems not only it's an restriction from airtel, even if some other ISP users from different countries reported same issue(unable to login).

One thing I can try is to reset the modem and start again. Maybe I can try only in weekends.

Thanks for the tip on ip address. I returned the Nokia router and instead got the Alcatel I-240G-D. So, I am in the same boat as you now. I wasn't able to login into the router. There is a telnet interface running but it did not accept any username and passwords i gave to it. I did a hard reset too, but it did not help.

I can confirm the Alcatel router does have gigabit ports.

I have tried to chase Airtel for the username and password, but haven't been successful so far. Perhaps, you can raise a complaint too.

I am not keen on a modem with a closed interface from a security point of view.

Did you try these combinations after resetting? Either in web or telnet,

Username: AdminGPON
Password: ALC#FGU

Username: Tdvdran
Password: pons

Username: root
Password: admin

Username: root
Password: huigu309

These are the variuos hits i got from search, need to try out after resetting.

I tried the first combination. Will try out others as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None of the above combinations worked.

Last edited:
Airtel guy just installed the Nokia G-140W-F ONT. Tried all options but can't get the bridge open to my Asus router.

These are options now? Any recommendations

1. Run Asus router in DMZ
2. Buy Huawei HG8145V5 (Not sure if it works on Airtel?
3. Get a Alcatel I-240G-D, but no webUI available

Last edited:
Back